Ohio-Columbus

casual venue in columbus, oh that does not require their catering and alcohol????

Hi all! I am looking for a space to rent for our reception in Columbus that isn't overly expensive and also allows us to bring our own food and alcohol caterers. We are eloping and want a beach themed party for our friends and family when we get back. 150 guests/ Fri or sat/ may or june. any help is appreciated!?

Re: casual venue in columbus, oh that does not require their catering and alcohol????

• Clintonville women's club. I think the vault. Almost all the Catholic catering halls. Check the Berwick manor catering website, they have a list of places they cater at that allow you to bring your own alcohol. You don't have to Berwick at most of them.GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• The Big Room Events. They're very open and flexible. Although I believe it holds 120 people at most. Rachel, who works there, is fantastic! http://www.bigroomevents.com

• Thank you girls for your help!!! :)
  • North Bank
  • melbensomelbenso member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2013
    Check out the YWCA downtown.  Beautiful ballroom with a balcony overlooking the city.  $1600 rental for a Saturday.  You can bring your own alcohol.  They do have a list of approved caterers, but there are about 20 to chose from at all different price levels.
  • We are doing a destination wedding and then having a reception/ party at Amelita barn they told us we can do our own food but try's to get you to use catering. I have had thoughts on catering but don't want to spend a lot if money on food if we had it catered so I think it will be cheaper to do are own food any recommendations?
  • There's a very nice old church called Olde gahanna sanctuary in gahanna (suburb from columbus). It's very reasonable to rent, you get the entire day and you can bring in food and alcohol. It's very pretty inside as well(well the flooring isn't great but the walls and stained glass windows are beautiful).
  • I highly recommend shoelaces catering...they are cheap and delicious!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Friends got married in the Sanctuary and it was nice.  You have to bring EVERYTHING in though...

Tall Timbers in Reyoldsburg was our second choice for a venue.  You use their caterer but you can bring in your own alcohol.  Fair warning, they don't like to negotiate much and they nickle and dime you.  Our DJ mentioned that he was going to have two weddings there in one day (one being ours) but it turns out that we didn't sign the contract and the other couple broke the contract to go somewhere else (not sure why).  So proceed with them with caution.

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards