Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Recessional Song-What are you Using?

I have almost all of our songs picked out for the ceremony but cant seem to come up with anything for the Recessional. What are you using or what ideas do you have? Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Recessional Song-What are you Using?

• edited December 2011
    My FI had his heart set on the Mendelssohn Wedding March.  Oh well, we're traditional.  :-) 

Depends on your taste as far as suggestions go.  Can you tell us what songs you're using in the rest of your ceremony?  I might be able to tailor my answer to fit your wedding music style or genre better. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    Well i am still not 100% certain on all the songs but these are the ones we have picked for now or the ideas we have at least....
    Processional:
    ·         Parents/Grandparents: Expression – Helen Jane Long (Piano Version)
    ·        Processional (Wedding party) Piano Version: Free Zac Brown Band
    ·         OR Piano Version: God Bless the Broken Road – Rascall Flatts
    ·        OR  Love Story Meets Viva La Vida – Jon Schmidt
    Bride:
    ·        Yellowcard Three Flights up

So not too much on the traditional side but im just stuck on what type of song to use...thanks for the help!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AshRoussAshRouss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are using stevie wonder's signed, sealed, and delivered!

Should be fun!
    Cooking my way to happiness!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh thats cute! What a great idea! I might just have to jot that one down :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and I are using a song called "Built to Last" by Melee. I studied abroad in London and he "dedicated" it to me while I was there, so it was special for us, but also appropriate for after we've just gotten married!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Rondeau by Mouret
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rainbow Connection (from the Muppet Movie)
  • andrea2473andrea2473 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing Weezer- Island in the Sun. It's fitting because we live in a beach town and it's one of my FH's favorite songs.  It just has a happy beat. 

I was in a wedding where we walked out to Oh Happy Day.  Everyone started laughing because it was so cute!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the inspiration! Sounds like I need to just get a bit more creative, thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Marry Me by Train
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ReginaB13ReginaB13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using "Love Theme from St. Elmo's Fire" by David Foster. I LOVE this song, and it feels inspirational for the end of the ceremony.

Regina
  • edited December 2011
    What a wonderful world by Louis Armstrong is a popular choice! 

Jennie x
  • edited December 2011
    We're thinking about either Poprocks and Coke by Green Day or Extraordinary by Better than Ezra.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust" to leave to. 

The song has special meaning to me as it was the only song my parents could play to get me to stop crying as a cholicy baby. 

It has always calmed me (yes, it's true- probably because of the heart-beat like beat).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    80 image Invited to celebrate!
    58 image Will be attending
    17 image Won't be having any fun
    5 image Can't Find their mailbox
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards