Registry and Gift Forum

XP Shipping gifts to parents?

When I registered I gave the shipping address as my mom's house. Is this wrong?

Re: XP Shipping gifts to parents?

• I don't see why it would be. Especially if you are in the process of moving/don't have a secure area for deliveries if you're not there. 

Anniversary
  • not at all-- pre shower I had everything shipped to my parents house (my shower was in my hometown 4 hours from where I live) so my mom brought any of the shipped presents to my bridal shower and I took them home afterwards.  After the shower we chose to have the address changed to our home.  whatever is convenient for you and your mom is totally OK.

Anniversary
  • Why would it be wrong?

We did the same thing - the wedding was in my hometown and my parents were located there.  So we knew we would be there on the wedding day and the day after.  We had also had issues with package theft at our apartment, and my parents live on a very quiet street set far back from the road.  You can't see if there are packages on their porch from the street.  It seemed like a no-brainer to us.

This bothers some people because they don't think it's parents' business how many gifts you get or what you get.  I generally agree, but my mom doesn't care - she opened most of our gifts for us, and we kept a google doc between us so she could post what had arrived and I could keep track of thank you notes.  So yes, she knew who gave us what in the weeks leading up to the wedding.  She stopped opening them a couple weeks before the wedding so that we could open the last ones ourselves... and she obviously didn't open any cards with cash.  But I mean, it's not like she didn't notice 100 boxes from Macy's and PB showing up on her front porch.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards