Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

finalized my menu!

Just had my menu tasting/meeting this weekend and we finally got the menu squared away! It will be a cape cod wedding in May so here is what we were thinking. Side note (FI have very advanced palates we love things like tuna tartare, escargot, lamb, duck etc.)..this is obviously not the norm so we tried to plan the menu to appeal to the masses. Were having about 150 guests so I know we can't please everyone but I tried to get stuff we like as well as stuff hopefully everyone will like. Let me know what you think!

Passed apps:

-tomato, basil & mozzarella bruschetta with balsamic drizzle

- truffle and lobster risotto cakes

-beef teriyaki skewers

-pan seared pork dumplings with hoisin sauce

Cocktail Hour Stations:

-cheese & fruit platter with crackers

-vegetable crudité

-raw bar (oysters, little necks, shrimp cocktail and lobster tails)

First course:

mixed greens salad with dried cranberries, gorganzola, and candied pecans (on the side in case of nut allergies) with raspberry vinaigrette

Second course:

goat cheese ravioli with artichoke hearts and capers in a garlic wine sauce

Choice of entrée:

-petite filet mignon with a 1lb shelled butter poached lobster

- chicken breast with sautéed mushrooms and grain mustard sauce

-eggplant parmesan

-vegan/gluten free options available upon request

Sides:

-potatoes au gratin & roasted asparagus

Wedding cake flavors:

-lemon cake with raspberry mouse

-black forest (dark chocolate cake with cherry filling)

-pumpkin spice

Re: finalized my menu!

• Sounds fine.

I know my DH definitely wouldn't eat the salad or pasta course. Both are pretty "advanced"...at least compared to what we're used to.

Maybe if the ravioli weren't goat cheese I would eat them...eew goat cheese ;-)
  • Sounds good to me.
  • Overall it looks good.  I'm with itzMs.....I hate goat cheese too.  It's a shame, because I love most ravioli!  

Also, I normally pick chicken, but I hate mushrooms and mustard.  Will the guests know how the entrees are prepard beforehand?  If so, that wouldn't be a problem for me.....I would just pick the filet mignon.  Otherwise, I'd be really disappointed.
  • thanks for the imput ladies! we were thinking about changing the goat cheese raviolis but most other "appetizer" courses are seafood dishes and I figured we already have a raw bar and lobster with a dinner option... too much fish? who knows I mean we are having a beach wedding so maybe that is expected. @JoanE2012 yes we will be putting the preparation of the entrees on the RSVP cards so hopefully it will all be fine! So damn hard to try to pick things that most of 150 guests will enjoy without it being typical boring wedding food
  • Oh wow, I want to come to your wedding, lol.

Your passed apps sound delicious!
  • This menu sounds like everything I would want to order in a restaurant. YUM!!! I would probably gain 10 lbs at your wedding. Way to go on the raw bar and surf & turf. The risotto cakes sound awesome as well! 
    *********************************************************************************

• That menu sounds amazing!! I'd love to be invited for that! :-)
  • Looks yummy to me. Although I love everything...
  • Sounds amazing!
  • This sounds to die forrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!  I love your menu!  Mmm, and those risotto cakes sound amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards