California-San Diego

Sunset Cliffs Ceremony

Hi Ladies!

My fiance and I are trying to decide where we want to have our ceremony at. We know we want it overlooking the ocean, but we're torn about a park in Bird Rock, on the beach somewhere or down in Sunset Cliffs area. The other potential site we're considering is the Point Loma Lighthouse. We're planning a quick ceremony with only about 20 people total, so we're trying to figure out where would be the best spot for us. Does anyone have any experience with any of these areas? Do we really need a permit or can we just show up? What are the chances of people interrupting our ceremony? Any information at all would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks ladies!! :-)

Re: Sunset Cliffs Ceremony

• I would look up San Diego parks and rec. They have sites you can rent for wedding ceremonies that are cheap. You can choose ocean view. And they will answer all your other questions.
  • Thanks Gypsy! I've combed through their website and talked to a couple of people, they were really helpful!

I would love feedback from people who have attended weddings there as their experiences will give us a better idea of what to expect if we do chose to have a ceremony there. I love hearing the experiences of others!
  • You aren't allowed to set up chairs at the lighthouse at pt loma so that might be a deal breaker for you. Sunset cliffs is pretty private. You don't really get people hanging out on the cliffs like they would at a park or on the beach with towels and tents and all of that. I'm not familiar with the park in Bird Rock.
  • Perfect... Thank you lc07! I'm hoping next time I'm in San Diego we can go scout out some locations. Our only concern about no chairs is that for our grandparents. I wouldn't want anyone to stand for that long of time. Thank you!
  • All of those places need a permit, but they are pretty reasonably priced. I have worked the lighthouse area before, and they don't allow any kind of decor or set up. so no chairs, arch, or aisle. the plus side to this site though, vs. the others you were talking about is there is plenty of parking! If you would like someone to help you set up and coordinate the day of, let me know. My website is http://simplyelegantweddingplanning.com/contact-san-diego-wedding-planner/. Because it is a smaller affair, we can talk about different pricing options for you too! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards