September 2014 Weddings

Honeymoon Planning?

Hello Everyone! Has anyone planned their honeymoon yet? I know it may be too early for booking airfare and everything but anyone have any awesome ideas to share? I am trying to stay on a budget so any secrets to a cheaper but lovely honeymoon are welcome! Thanks in advance.

Cannot wait until September 2014.

Re: Honeymoon Planning?

• Sadly not yet! My fiancé is in grad school so despite our September wedding we won't be going on our honeymoon until January 2015. However, I've had a friend tell me to haunt LivingSocial and Groupon since they have packages that can be great prices. Good luck!
  • Thanks Abby!!!!
  • We are also postponing our HM until later on in 2015. I second the LivingSocial & Groupon deals! Never too early to start looking in to it. :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I also agree about the Living Social and Groupon getaways.  I've been on a few of these vacations and have had consistently good experiences.  Just make sure that you are aware of blackout dates and availability.  Just because a groupon is available every weekend doesn't mean that the hotel has rooms available.  It's important to check before you make your purchase.  
    photo a9462148-4aa2-44d9-90ce-7f8b4d94b393_zps20ae9070.jpg
  • Ladies, you all made me feel so much better!  I saw plan/book your HM on my checklist & just laughed!  Planning a HM is the farthest thing from my mind right now!  We are just settling into our new home, plus I am a teacher, so going away immediately after our 9/26 wedding isn't going to be possible.  It looks like we'll be joining the 2015 HM club!  I am going to keep in mind the Groupon & Living Social suggestions though!
  • Heads up about the Groupon deals, my FI saw one to take me away when he proposed so he phoned the place to see if they were available when he wanted to book and they told him they they were running their own special which was better than the Groupon offer. It's always good to just check because we would have blindly bought and we saved so much money not using Groupon.
  • We plan to honeymoon at the Couples Resort in Negril, Jamaica.  We've never been and based on reviews online, it looks like it will be something we both enjoy.  And the prices don't look too bad either.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • polim22polim22 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2013
    We are going to Aruba and staying at the Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort.  It is the only adult-only resort on the island.  We can't wait!!!  Aruba is beautiful and warm all year round - and is out of the hurrican belt.  This resort was highly recommended by just about every travel agent we spoke with.  Best of luck planning your honeymoon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No HM for us, but if we weren't so poor, there's a place in Washington state that has these awesome private treehouses you can rent. If we could afford something really awesome we'd both like to go to Iceland. Just a couple ideas that aren't the stereotypical Caribbean island HM.
  • polim22 said:
    We are going to Aruba and staying at the Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort.  It is the only adult-only resort on the island.  We can't wait!!!  Aruba is beautiful and warm all year round - and is out of the hurrican belt.  This resort was highly recommended by just about every travel agent we spoke with.  Best of luck planning your honeymoon.
    Do they have an all inclusive option? We are thinking Aruba as well, I went there once with my family when I was in college and loved it!
  • We haven't started planning the HM yet. We have very mixed feelings-- have you noticed that an all inclusive, do nothing trip can be more expensive than a touristy, do everything trip? We'd like to just relax but... We are thinking of a mini getaway and doing a bigger luxury trip in 2015 or 2016 once finances recover from the wedding.

• We haven't officially booked yet but we will be doing 10 days in curacao!
  • PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    We haven't started planning the HM yet. We have very mixed feelings-- have you noticed that an all inclusive, do nothing trip can be more expensive than a touristy, do everything trip? We'd like to just relax but... We are thinking of a mini getaway and doing a bigger luxury trip in 2015 or 2016 once finances recover from the wedding.
    I have definitely started to notice that. FI wants to just relax on an island somewhere with a beer in hand. Airfare is where I have noticed the biggest expense jumps for no reason.
  • we are looking into an all inclusive in mexico, either cancun or riviera maya, i am a little concerned about the hurricane season, but not enough to not go.  we'll just get travel insurance.  our travel agent found us a great deal at an all inclusive, but we have been putting so many deposits down we don't have the cash to put down on the HM just yet.  Ugh i need to rob a bank!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We've chosen but not yet booked a week in Spain right after the wedding and I CANNOT WAIT. We're not really the "relax on the beach and drink" type, and I'm so pale I might catch on fire on a tropical island, so I think this is the perfect combination of sunshine and history and culture and FOOD for us. 229 days to practice my Spanglish! europeandestinations.com has a lot of awesome sounding itineraries for those looking for something a little more unique.

• We have booked a cruise that hits 5 islands such as Barbados. St.Martin... Cruises are so cheap now and we port out of Puerto Rico so we are going to fly in early since our boat doesn't leave until 10 pm. Plus we couldn't decide where to go. We really wanted to hit Greece and Italy so we decided we will plan that for our 10 yr anniversary so we can plan it right.
  • @pollm22 I've been really looking into the Tara suites!! It's so pretty and I love that it's adult only. I'm just worried my FI will be bored in Aruba, I heard it's a small island. I can lay on the beach all day and have no problem doing absolutely nothing, the FI on the other hand likes activities and whatnot.
  • We are heading to Disney World the day after we get married! We just booked our flights yesterday, so we now have flights, hotel, and my park ticket. We still need to purchase FI's park ticket and save up for food and souvenirs :)
  • I just finished booking everything up for our HM. We don't have much time off after the wedding due to work, so we wanted to pick something with a short flight time. We are doing a 5 day cruise along the Pacific Coast. It was the best of both worlds for us. We get to see a few new cities, and still enjoy our first cruise.

Pretty excited about the trip actually, especially after a hectic weekend of wedding whirlwind.
  • Going to book our honeymoon tomorrow! We decided we are going to Disney as well!  I can't wait, my FI wasn't too excited about Aruba but he is definitely excited for disney!
  • Oh hey, since the thread came up again, I can update!

We did, about a month back, book our honeymoon! We're going to Lake Como, Italy. We'll avoid hurricane concerns of the Caribbean/Mexico, be able to do some fun activities and be able to sit around on a little beach or boat.  CAN'T WAIT!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards