Ohio-Columbus

Whetstone Park of Roses Shelterhouse Decorations

Hi!

I hope some of you more experienced brides are able to help me. I am getting married in September 2014 and my reception will be at the park of roses shelterhouse. As this is a city of Columbus venue, obviously there won't be someone there to help decorate or anything. I have to decorate the day of the wedding. If you had your reception here, what did you do?

Are decorations something that the florist or caterer would be able to set up without me being there? Do I need to hire someone to decorate? I'm just getting started planning and the logistics of everything seem overwhelming. Any recommendations/help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! :-)

Re: Whetstone Park of Roses Shelterhouse Decorations

• I have not been to a reception there. But if you pay the caterer or the florist they will decorate for you. The florist will set up all of the flowers you purchase, centerpieces or otherwise. You won't have to be there.I would ask the shelter house staff if they have recommendations and any rules about decorating. Paper lanterns could be simple and really pretty. I wouldn't worry to much about decorating. The venue has a rustic real and you have all the natural decor outside. I recommend Flowers on Orchard Lane - they are in Clintonville and really good. I used Kroger at Graceland, they were great and MUCH cheaper, but we had to set everything up ourselves as they are not a full service shop. Just depends what you budget is and what your prorates are :)
    GL!!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• photokitty,

Thanks for your response! I'm just starting to get so overwhelmed by the logistics of planning everything. I don't have a finalized budget yet, but I'm trying to keep costs reasonable. Paper lanterns would be so cute. I'll definitely check out Flowers on Orchard Lane! :-)

• Glad to help! =o) Ask away, us Cbus gals are happy to help!

• Also check out MadisonHouse Designs in Marysville (she will meet you in Dublin if you need to).  Her prices were about even with Flowerman BUT it included the labor and delivery that cost more with Flowerman.

She is also starting to get some decor that she will rent out.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • One more thing .. whether it is you, your friends/family or hired help ... make sure you are very clear on exactly WHEN you can "have the room" and exactly what time you have to be gone.  Especially since it will be a city contract - they may not be able to be as flexible as say a hotel.

You have plenty of time - you're in good shape!
  • Ah! You guys are so great. Thank you! If anyone wants to PM me with tips or suggestions on planning ANYTHING, please do so.
  • I am looking to get married at the Whetstone Park Shelterhouse also in September! : ) How much was the rental rate? I am in the same boat as you as to who should decorate the day of, i don't really want to do it myself, for that day will already be busy, but i don't know who to hire. I was thinking about having some family members do it, like cousins, but i don't know. Good luck to you and your wedding dear : )
  • If you two have the same colors you could share decor :)

• cosbuggy3,

It was $65 an hour - very inexpensive! I may have to move venues because we might be inviting more people than what the shelterhouse can hold :-(

Good luck to you too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards