Ohio-Columbus

10/26/2013 Vendor reviews!! (wedding decor for sale, too!)

Kelly's Cakery, LLC-  A+ ... PERFECT! the cake tasted as good as it looked! Kelly was  so flexible and open to my ideas. She did the cake exactly how I pictured and was very reasonable with her prices.

Buckeye Entertainment- A++. Def one of my favorite vendors! Byron has VERY reasonable prices and is extremely good at what he does. There were people on the dance floor all night. Unfortunately i only had byron as my DJ and booked my photobooth through another company prior to hiring him. Otherwise, I would have totally booked his photobooth too. Something went wrong with the photobooth at my wedding which the attendants couldn't fix it so byron did, LOL. He's also an officiant so seriously...what more could you ask for? Can't even think of a single negative thing to say about buckeye entertainment.

Dock580- B+/A-, Probably one of my toughest reviews. Initially it was the vendor I was most excited for as I've seen so many positive things about dock580 but it was kind of a rollercoaster  for me. The positives- It is a really pretty venue and the wedding coordinators are very detailed about everything so that it turns out to be everything you envisioned. The cons- I was bounced between three different coordinators and felt as though I had to keep re-explaining everything each time I was given a new person. There were a lot of hidden costs that I wasn't made aware of until a week before the wedding. For instance, to have an outdoor ceremony under 60 degrees it ends up being an extra $1,700 for a tent with heaters which totally defeats the point of an outdoor ceremony. I spoke with the owner and was able to do the ceremony outside without the entire tent but it was just a huge stress and hassle throughout the whole ordeal. Everything turned out nice and the service was really really great, though! 

Chase Waits (Officiant)- A+, no complaints! Chase was great and I'd recommend him to anyone ! He did a great job at our ceremony and we loved that he uses an ipad for the ceremony readings! he always responded to emails super quickly and communication was never an issue. The ceremony turned out great!

Eastside of Eden Photography- A++, Marissa is from Cleveland and I just happened to find her website when searching for photographers and loved her unique  style. She did our engagement pictures (which we loved) and I'm sure we will love her wedding photos too. She is pretty reasonably priced for wedding photographers and super nice. it was just like having a friend taking the photos all day :) She was totally down with all my crazy photo ideas and she executed them perfectly. Can't say enough good things about marissa, either! 

Eye do airbrush makeup & hair- A+, One of the more reasonably priced hair and make up services I found. They travel for free and offer free airbrushing and lashes with every makeup application. Communication was great and all of our hair and makeup looked fantastic. Chelsea was super nice and again, it was just like having a friend in the room with us! I actually messed up the timeline and the artist wasn't supposed to be done with hair and makeup until 3pm but she did her best to get everyone done an hour before that time and everyone looked fantastic! No complaints about this vendor either! 

Columbus photobooth company- B, Chad is great and was very quick to respond to my emails. He was also super flexible with payment options which I appreciated. The only bad thing was the two photobooth attendants weren't the friendliest to my guests. Also, the photobooth apparently ran out of paper and they didn't know how to change it. This resulted in some of my guests not getting their pictures printed and a 30-35 minute downtime for the photobooth. Regardless of the downtime, they still shut it down at 11:00 and were very adamant that no one else was allowed in the photobooth at that time. this is also a tough review for me since the owner, Chad, was so great! I've read many positive things about the columbus photobooth company so i would still recommend them.

The Flowerman- A++, The girls that work at flowerman are SO nice! Seriously, the friendliest people ever! They are super helpful and knowledgable when it comes to picking out flowers. We did the DIY session and had a great time putting together all of our own bouquets and centerpieces. They were really patient with us and good at explaining step by step what to do. The flowers looked great and came out beautiful too! They also let us borrow their clear rocks for our centerpieces. I had a really great experience with flower man- such a cool concept! :)

I'll be posting pictures in the next couple days but I have a bunch of wedding decor for sale. I have ink pads, old window panes used for seating charts, vintage globe, 85+ vintage books, 20 quart size lace & burlap mason jars, 34 pint size lace & burlap mason jars, Rustic tree cupcake stand, Chalkboards, Candy bar signs, Candy bar jars/scoops, photobooth props, Guest book sign, various vintage picture frames, rustic wooden square table numbers (1-15), Ring bearer "Suitcase" that says "ring security",  Flower girl tutu dress, Bride & Groom hanging chair signs, large chalkboard used for drinks at the bar, hanging chalkboard sign. Let me know if you're interested or if you'd like pictures of anything! 

Re: 10/26/2013 Vendor reviews!! (wedding decor for sale, too!)

• OH! transportation! First student- A+! YES! we rented a giant 40 passenger school bus! It was like 1/3 of the cost of a limo or party bus and fit way more people. They were very prompt when it came to arriving on time and the bus driver was extremely nice!
  • Courtyard marriott airport- A, they were wonderful and the rooms were beautiful. Easy to deal with and for my guests to make reservations. They have a bonfire pit in the backyard which was nice for everyone to get together. They passed out my welcome bags to everyone that checked in and were super friendly. 
  • I am interested in all chalkboards, window panes and the vintage globe!! Should I PM you??
  • http://masonwedding.weebly.com

here's the website with pics, still in the process of adding stuff.
  • Hello! I can't seem to find an email listed on the website. I sent you a PM earlier with my e-mail and would love to get in touch.

Thanks so much :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards