Snarky Brides

*Ugh..some people are just..stupid?*

Okay, maybe I'm just having, "one of those days?" I read through a post or two, or okay, like seven, but do you ever read some responses, & just question the quality of our school systems? Or are some people just 'that' stupid??...but actually?? I'm probably over-reacting, in an, 'it's been a frikkin' long day,' type of way. Sometimes I just don't see, or get, how people function, in normal society. Bahh! 

*Rant Over*

*J

Re: *Ugh..some people are just..stupid?*

• Yup.  Some just are.  ;)

• Darwin was wrong. Natural selection and survival of the best examples of a species doesn't work. If it did, how do you explain all the stupid people running around??
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Once, a FB friend posted a status about how annoying it is when people don't know the difference between your and you're. I commented, "Some people are just dum," because I was being ironic. Someone I don't know went of on a rant shaming me for my grammar. *Facepalm
  • Generally speaking, I did not find "Idiocracy" to be a comedy film. That was a horror flick that was given incorrect billing.
    Agreed. Although I was a little disappointed that no one was saying "YOLO" or "swag" in that movie. They were supposed to sound like total morons after all.
     Visit The Knot!                                           image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • allelsefaildallelsefaild member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2013
    I have no idea how this posted twice. Oops.
     Visit The Knot!                                           image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hope the new secret mods, whenever they start, have basic grammar and reading skills. Many posts are painful to read.
  • http://xkcd.com/603/

I loved Idiocracy by the by, but everytime this pops up I feel the need to share this. Perspective and such.

Anniversary
  • Generally speaking, I did not find "Idiocracy" to be a comedy film. That was a horror flick that was given incorrect billing.
    Word.

I never wanted children until I started working in child welfare.  I took one look at all those people popping out children like a freaking Pez dispenser and suddenly felt a huge obligation to provide the world with at least one normal human being that would have a chance and clue in life.
  • The support our government gives to people who need welfare kind of gets rid of the whole "survival of the best" scenario. Otherwise it would still be in tact, but we are too focused on quality of life for everybody.
  • I am a police officer and I have no hope for the human race. I see people making babies just so their welfare check is higher and they get more food stamps to sell. Now my grammar and spelling may not be top notch but...I serioulsy had to dumb myself down to do this job. I find myself speaking "slang" because I have to at work.

I remember during my training I was doing a report for a woman, her boyfriend broke into her apartment and burglarized it; I asked her "does he live here" and she said no. My trainer says to her "where does he stay" and she replied "he stay here"....pretty much the same thing right??? WRONG according to the home owner. And because he "stay" there...it is no longer a burglary...it is now a civil issue :)

• I am a police officer and I have no hope for the human race. I see people making babies just so their welfare check is higher and they get more food stamps to sell. Now my grammar and spelling may not be top notch but...I serioulsy had to dumb myself down to do this job. I find myself speaking "slang" because I have to at work.

I remember during my training I was doing a report for a woman, her boyfriend broke into her apartment and burglarized it; I asked her "does he live here" and she said no. My trainer says to her "where does he stay" and she replied "he stay here"....pretty much the same thing right??? WRONG according to the home owner. And because he "stay" there...it is no longer a burglary...it is now a civil issue :)

Second paragraph....what?! o.O I'm so confused with that...?????? lol 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • [Science nerd alert]

Perhaps the next generation will not confuse Herbert Spencer with Charles Darwin, and understand the basic propositions of biological evolution theory.  They may even learn the difference between the terms over-generalization and generalization.

With that stated, I'm sure I'm on someone's "stupid list,"  most people probably are since stupid is relative and situational. So, I think it's good we don't kill them/ourselves. :-)

20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How about how some didn't know the titanic was real? Not sure of the ages but I know it was young people, just not sure what age range. 

http://twistedsifter.com/2012/04/people-who-didnt-know-the-titanic-was-real/

This whole "omg it was real" happened when Titanic re-came out in theaters in 3D. I learned about the Titanic in SCHOOL, in 3rd grade I believe. I remember about 3-4 chapters in my reading book. pictures of the ship and everything. So hearing that these young kids/people didn't know it was real...it's just like woooow.......

@ElcaB - how about raping/rapping/wrapping misspellings? You might like this too. 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsecDcTpVmw   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here's a lovely set of examples by the same person!

My college roommate and I were at the grocery store. She couldn't decide betweeen two types of "healthy" brand cereal. Asks for my help. I look, and wouldn't you know, they are buy one get one for both, and the store has no problem with mixing the types within the same brand family. (I think one had granola nut flavor, the other had strawberry). Her response "But what if I don't like the one I PAID for, and prefer the FREE one?" I should have stuck my head in the freezer section.

On another occasion, she wanted me to explain football to her prior to a date (she ended up marrying the guy). We were at college at a public university that had some success in basketball and football some years ago, with a star Christian Quarterback who has since had trouble in the NFL. I spent 2 days explaining offense, defense, downs, points, conversions, positions, penalties, teams, and conferences. The date went great.

Several weeks later, news comes out that Kenneth Lay of Enron dropped dead. I'm commenting on it, and she asks for me to explain the whole "Enron thing" to her. So I start with a basic lesson on financial regulation. I mentioned the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission, this is important). She cut me off and said "Chipmunk, I might not always pay attention, but I'm not stupid. Even I know football has NOTHING to do with Wall Street." I then had to tell her while I was really proud of her for remembering our school's conference, there was more than one SEC in the US.

At the time she was studying to become a pharmacist, and it panned out. Last I heard, she'd decided to go for a Masters in Biology. Unbelievable.

• or, the never-ending they're/there/their...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CLI242009CLI242009 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    casey8784 said:
    or, the never-ending they're/there/their...

I didn't know about that one lol 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CLI242009 said:

I am a police officer and I have no hope for the human race. I see people making babies just so their welfare check is higher and they get more food stamps to sell. Now my grammar and spelling may not be top notch but...I serioulsy had to dumb myself down to do this job. I find myself speaking "slang" because I have to at work.

Second paragraph....what?! o.O I'm so confused with that...?????? lol 

Don't even try to understand it...your brain will hurt LOL. Basically I know a 2nd language and it's called Ghetto. I learn a little more every day.

English: Does your boyfriend live here?

Ghetto: Do your baby daddy stay here?

• @CLI242009 I am dying right now watching that video!

Another story: In high school, I got into an argument with someone about something in the middle of class. She said, "All them gothic people is racist." I said, "That's a stereotype," to which she replied, "You is ignorant, bitch."

I guess she's right, I really is.

• ElcaB said:

@CLI242009 I am dying right now watching that video!

Another story: In high school, I got into an argument with someone about something in the middle of class. She said, "All them gothic people is racist." I said, "That's a stereotype," to which she replied, "You is ignorant, bitch."

I guess she's right, I really is.

LMAO @ your story. Oh god she didn't even know what it meant ...>.>

oh btw, I believe he has 60 now? I think he just did his 60th episode of that but yeah his biggest pet peeve is seeing the wrapping/rapping/raping misspellings haha especially if they get a lot of likes hahaha 

Enjoy!! ^_^ 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JMalettasJMalettas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2013

CLI242009 said:
    How about how some didn't know the titanic was real? Not sure of the ages but I know it was young people, just not sure what age range. 

This whole "omg it was real" happened when Titanic re-came out in theaters in 3D. I learned about the Titanic in SCHOOL, in 3rd grade I believe. I remember about 3-4 chapters in my reading book. pictures of the ship and everything. So hearing that these young kids/people didn't know it was real...it's just like woooow.......

@ElcaB - how about raping/rapping/wrapping misspellings? You might like this too. 
     I wouldn't even know what to say to this! I think the blank, yet horrified stare in response, would be enough. LOL.

I have a co-worker in management, that continually posts memos & whatnot, with spelling mistakes. Once in a while I can't help myself, & add the vowel she's missed, or change the spelling with pen, on her computer printed memo. (Dirty little secret)! :P

*J
    edited October 2013
    JMalettas said:

CLI242009 said:
    How about how some didn't know the titanic was real? Not sure of the ages but I know it was young people, just not sure what age range. 

I wouldn't even know what to say to this! I think the blank, yet horrified stare in response, would be enough. LOL.

I have a co-worker in management, that continually posts memos & whatnot, with spelling mistakes. Once in a while I can't help myself, & add the vowel she's missed, or change the spelling with pen, on her computer printed memo. (Dirty little secret)! :P

*J
    J - I had no idea either. I heard it got out of control on twitter when it was re-released in 3D in theaters. I heard this from my local radio station that covers entertainment and I remember my mouth dropping. I went home and looked it all up, found that link.....

Don't know if you guys know it, but the site 4chan exploded as well with the same thing. Just a lot more people. I mean I learned this in school, what the heck are they learning now?!?!? 

btw about your secret, i wouldn't be able to resist either. LMAO does anyone know it's you? 

@ElcaB - sorry for the blurryness but I thought this fit in here. xD Not sure if you've seen it already. image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  @CLI242009 - Nope! No one knows who's been correcting her memos! I don't do it to *all* of them, but sometimes I can't help myself! Drives me banana sandwich, but I can't help but feel slightly better after correcting them! :P

*J

• JMalettas said:
     @CLI242009 - Nope! No one knows who's been correcting her memos! I don't do it to *all* of them, but sometimes I can't help myself! Drives me banana sandwich, but I can't help but feel slightly better after correcting them! :P

*J

So this is your act of charity for the day? ^_~ 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• CLI242009 said:
    JMalettas said:
     @CLI242009 - Nope! No one knows who's been correcting her memos! I don't do it to *all* of them, but sometimes I can't help myself! Drives me banana sandwich, but I can't help but feel slightly better after correcting them! :P

*J

I don't know about that! It does make me feel a little happier though! :P LOL
    edited November 2013
    JMalettas said:

CLI242009 said:
    JMalettas said:

*J

I don't know about that! It does make me feel a little happier though! :P LOL
    Ohhh okay so more of a guilty pleasure? ^_~  haha

Doesntplaynice82 - i didn't even seen you reply till now. xD Sorry about that. Well I'm glad you can speak it, me I would be walking away from them saying "When you learn how to speak English, gives us a call back. Till then we can't help you" xD 

Sorry that sounds horrible but when I hear people speaking "English" I just want to slam my head against the desk! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A-to-the-men! I couldn't have said it better myself.
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards