New Hampshire

NH Winter Wedding Venue Recommendations??

Hi Girls!

I'm planning for a winter wedding, and I am just starting to look at venues. I would LOVE to have the ceremony and reception at the same place. I am hoping to stay within 30 minutes or so of the Nashua area. Looking for a great "winter wonderland" type of place -- fireplaces would be a nice touch!

Any ideas??

Re: NH Winter Wedding Venue Recommendations??

• edited December 2011
    I know that the Sleigh Room at Pat's Peak has a fireplace and they do weddings.  I think your best bet would be to check some of the area ski resorts.  Good luck!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Luv2Cook27Luv2Cook27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Harris Pelham Inn will do the ceremony and reception in the same place. 
    They also offer 20% off if you get married  January 1 - April 15

http://harrispelhaminn.com/index.html

Good Luck!

~*Emily*~
    Wedding Bio

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Atkinson Country Club.  Check it out...it's beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_nh-winter-wedding-venue-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:d7602784-8c33-4cd0-80c8-0b5528d0fb4aPost:7e3c733b-d08f-4fb5-b3fa-9bdaff15d8c5">Re: NH Winter Wedding Venue Recommendations??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know that the Sleigh Room at Pat's Peak has a fireplace and they do weddings.  I think your best bet would be to check some of the area ski resorts.  Good luck!
    Posted by cg-pm52111[/QUOTE]
    Pats Peak (and most likely other ski areas) won't do weddings during actual ski season. They are busy running a ski area and the rooms are not decorated for weddings.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My two favorite cats!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I second Atkinson! The only prob is it can sometimes, depending on the date, be swarming with brides. Also, check out Andover CC, Bedford Village Inn and the Tewksbury CC. Most of them have winter discounts. Tewksbury's off-season package is pretty compelling.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit NewHampshire.Weddings.com
  • edited December 2011

Bedford VIllage Inn is GORGEOUS in the winter and very nicely decorated (save $$ on that) and since it's in the off-season, you can negotiate a better rate!  Plus hotels and airport are near-by for any travelling guests.

We had our wedding and reception on site there (in the fall) and can't speak highly enough about the service and attention we received.

• FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually ski places will do weddings in the winter, however that is there peak season so they offer no discounts. I know sunday river and sugarloaf do winter weddings. 
  • edited December 2011
    I was planning a winter wedding too before pushing our date back and I'm getting married at Sky Meadow Country Club in Nashua. During the winter, the members only bar is closed down so it was included to the bride during the winter (after thanksgiving) and the double sided fireplace would be functional during that time (before thanksgiving, it is just candles in front of a piece of wood to seperate it from the members bar) The place is just fantastic and so beautiful. It's definitely worth looking in to, they sold me at their cheap pricing including a cake from either jacques pasties or creative cakes by debby! Plus, they lower the minimum during the winter.
    HTH!
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Harris Pelham Inn is very nice--we attended a wedding there last year. (Pelham). 

September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • greedyb61570greedyb61570 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at the Harris Pelham Inn last night and it's got that "Dirty Dancing" feel - you can also get married there - they have two great fireplaces and the price can't be beat!  They just didn't have my date.....ACC is also running a special for the winter with no minimums required thru 5/2011!  Michael's In haverhill, MA also has a great deal on weddings....it's right over the border and worth a look!
  • edited December 2011
    Steele Hill Resort has a beautiful fire place and they have an awesome grand stair case for photos and bridal party entrance.. its a little far though probably an hour tho an hour and a half from Nashua though. I work in a photo lab so I have seen tons of weddings there.. and they were GORGEOUS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards