Nevada-Las Vegas

Cocktail reception - will it be enough??

I am looking to hold a cocktail reception after my ceremony, this will include 8 pieces hors d'oeuvres & a open bar for 2 hours, do you think this will be enough? I want a informal reception as there will only be 30 guests. Thanks, Lyndsey

Re: Cocktail reception - will it be enough??

• That is similar to what we are doing! I think that works :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • We are doing the same.

• Where will it be held at?
  • spoon1984spoon1984 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    I did a sit down meal for 9 guests at Canaletto (private room). It was very informal and relaxed. Having a small group made it informal if you would rather do a sit down meal.
  • I think that sounds great.  Where are you planning to do it?
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • I think you should do whatever you want to do- if that is what you want and/or works with your budget, I think that is great- free booze and yummy treats for 2 hours sounds awesome to me!
  • What time is your wedding?  If it's a meal time depending on the size 8 hor d'oeuvres may still leave folks hungry.  If it's mid afternoon or late though, sounds great! 
  • Thanks for all your responses, I'm hoping to have it at Mix in the mandalay bay. It will be at 6pm. We can hire a section of the terrace which has amazing views. I just hope that the food will be enough.
  • Mix is amazing!  I love the view from there, and depending on time of year you could wind up with a sunset!  I might try to add a few more apps at that time, especially if you have declines that make some room in the budget.  I'm not super familiar with Mix's apps though, if they're larger that may be plenty.
  • 6:00 is dinner time. Are they heavy apps or light hors d'oeuvres?
  • I'm not too sure at this stage, I'm flying over from the UK next month to meet with the catering manager. That's what I was thinking annathy03, we would be there from 6-8pm it will be August so we would see the sunset.
  • Are you meeting w/ Lisa the restaurant manager? Or Jaimie the banquet manager?
    Anniversary
  • Cocktail reception at Mix sounds amazing! I do think your guests are going to be pretty hungry between 6 and 8 o'clock. I don't think eight apps are going to cover it. I would either up the amount of passed apps or add some stations.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards