Ohio-Columbus

Vendor reviews!

Brides, I had an absolutely amazing wedding. I included reviews below, thankful for all the reviews previous brides left as I planned my wedding! Feel free to ask me any more questions,

·         Christa Kimble Photography:

o   I cannot begin to say how amazing Christa Kimble photography is. She is so personable throughout the whole process and made my husband and I feel completely comfortable with her. I really feel she wants to get to know you, which, I think really helps capture the right moments in pictures. Her work is refreshing, modern and has a softness that I didn’t find in most photographers. I love her work and am so excited we went with her. I would absolutely recommend engagement photos: you get to know your photographer and practice taking lots of photos.

·         Byron at Buckeye entertainment A+

o   Buckeye entertainment was great to work with and a very budget friendly option. They kept the dance floor packed the ENTIRE night. We determined all the cocktail/dinner music (all played at a lovely volume and exactly what we wanted) and they determined the dance music. We had a slideshow that was executed perfectly as well as the sound during the ceremony and all the speeches.  Byron was also good to ask for advice on a few questions I had (what is the best last song? Who all should be announced? Etc). I hardly noticed they were there the entire night (which is exactly what you want; you don’t want a DJ that is too much in the way). 

·         Columbus Musicians, string quartet A+

o   Easy to work with and added some extra songs we requested. They also have a good list to help guide traditional and modern options. The guests said the string quartet really made our venue (Via Vecchia) and had great reviews.

·         Flowerman: Rating A+

o   I used the DIY flower option at flowerman and had a great experience.  The designers were great to work with and were incredible helpful keeping me within my budget and vision. I came with a lot of pinterest photos and they were able to quickly narrow down to exactly what I wanted with the same or similar flower (based mostly on price, look, etc). The DIY made me a bit nervous, especially since I’ve never work with flowers or have any friends/family that do. The DYI was actually really fun. My mother-in-law packed very delicious lunches from a French bakery (including wine!) and we didn’t even get to the lunches at the facility. We only took 2 hours instead of the 4 they told us we would need. I would only use this option if you don’t plan to use a lot of flowers (I had 10 centerpieces, 6 bridesmaids bouquets, 1 bridal bouquet and 2 alter vases). We learned a lot during our session and everyone had a blast, plus, the flowers turned out great. Money wise, make sure you have someone that can pick up the flowers, otherwise, it’s a significant cost increase.

·         Videographer

o   We used a college student and it was a great decision. She majors in cinema and was in our price range (since I never realized I would need one, a videographer wasn’t originally in our budget). I would really recommend any type of video you can get. We actually had our 2 year old flower girl and ring bearer walk down the aisle, and as the bride, I missed it! I get to see and all those other moments I missed on the video!

·         Hair/Makeup: Amy Zender, A+

o   Amy was fantastic. She was the only person I found that charged the same for a bride and the bridesmaid hair/makeup ($50 each and I think she recently raised her prices by $10). The trial is also only $10, compared to the typical $100+ from everyone else. She was really good and even brought fake eyelashes that I could handle (I’ve never worn them before and was really against them, but, she help me find some that would work!). I loved my hair and all my girls hair, plus she did a great job with makeup. She worked with all styles of hair (thin, thick, curly, and long). She also did all hair for 9 people and 3 people’s makeup and kept everyone on time!

·         Westin: C

o   Really hard to work with. 7 months before the wedding they told my family certain rooms weren’t available. I had to continuously call to add specific rooms (2 double beds vs king, etc). I literally had to call once a month because of issues. They also didn’t offer me the best deal right away and I had to call to get it. Finally, we had enough rooms to get 2 nights free, and they charged us for it, so I had to deal with calling them to remove the charge. I really would try to stay somehere else.

·         Via Vecchia, A+

o   This venue is absolutely perfect.  This was the only spot that had a beautiful outdoor spot and wonderful backup indoor spot. The brides at Via Vecchia are also very helpful   answers all my questions on the facebook page. On the actual day they 100% delivered and helped give us the best wedding I could dream possible. Plus, the wine is delish! 

Re: Vendor reviews!

• Also, totally forgot alterations. I recommend Linda Hammond, A+! She did amazing work on my 100% lace dress and was very very reasonable! 
  • How did you find your videographer?  I am totally in love with this idea, but was just curious as to how you got into contact with them!  Thanks.
  • I would love to use your student videographer as well!
  • Hi! I will ask her, but, the key issue is she is a senior so your wedding would need to be before she graduates (in case she gets a job not in Columbus). Plus, she borrows the schools equipment. I'll ask regardless. As for seeking out other students, for my rehearsal dinner I used a student piano player. I just found a professor on OSU's website in music and he contacted me with someone. He was able to send me samples. I'm sure you could do the same with the cinema department. Most students will have a portfolio, so, you can see the quality.

• My wedding is in February, and I'd love to have a videographer, could you add me to the list to ask?
  • If this girl is not available, i HIGHLY recommend Prodigy Cinema. Best videographer in town.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Sorry for the delay! I just got permission from my videographer to share her name. 

The videographer's email is, kendra.schwarz@otterbein.edu. My wedding video is on youtube, you can watch to see what she did. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSym__5v-3A. Keep in mind she graduates in May, so, I don't know if she realizes where she will be after graduation. 

Congrats all and good luck with everything!!
  • Hey I am interested in contacting the girl who did your hair/makeup. Can you send me her contact info? Thanks!
  • ashmalone3

Did the hair/makeup artist travel to you or did you have to go to her?  Were there any extra travel fees?
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Amy Zender (hair and makeup) did not charge extra travel fees, but, I think she might if it's beyond a certain distance. She came to the Westin downtown and stayed all day. Her number is, 614.214.9967 and she works at the Zia Salon. She was absolutely amazing--I highly recommend if you can get her!! Let me know if you need anything else. 
  • Amy Zender (hair and makeup) did not charge extra travel fees, but, I think she might if it's beyond a certain distance. She came to the Westin downtown and stayed all day. Her number is, 614.214.9967 and she works at the Zia Salon. She was absolutely amazing--I highly recommend if you can get her!! Let me know if you need anything else. 
    I contacted her through the salon and she is booked.  :(
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards