Wedding Woes

Favorite brunch food

We're doing a brunch for Max's bday party (in a couple of months).  So what's your favorite brunch item? 

Did I mention he took his first steps this weekend? 

Re: Favorite brunch food

• I love quiche or a baked french toast for brunch.  If you're cooking, I'd definitely do something that's easy or can be prepped ahead.

YAY for first steps.  He's going to be your bruiser.  Mr. Go-go-go!
  • cheesy, bacon potatoes!  I was on a women's retreat this weekend and think I ate my weight in some, lol.

• mm, french toast bake.
    I'm also a fan of fruit and muffins. 

YAY STEPS
  • My first thoughts were: baked French toast, sausage gravy, biscuits, spiral ham (you could make sandwiches with the biscuits), roasted potatoes, deviled eggs (plain, bacon topped, salmon topped), fruit salad, cheese.

I'm also going to do a hot chocolate/coffee

The theme is Cheerio's if anyone has ideas....

I want to hear more about the cheesy bacon potatoes though.

• Your menu sounds fantastic.   
    My go-to brunch dish is a grits casserole, made with sausage, eggs and cheese. It is soooo good.
    Also, if you have a Panera near you, they have this big round danish with separate sections of apple, cherry and cheese, that you can slice up.  It's a crowd favorite.  

• French toast, waffles, quiche.
  • I don't really do grits.  Something about the texture.  Panera is around the corner, but I'm also scoping Costco since the cake will come from there.
  • I adore eggs benedict. You can actually make the eggs ahead of time and save them, according to Julia and then do your hollandaise at the last minute.  That might be more work than you really want through.
  • Yeah, eggs benedict for a 35 doesn't sound easy. 
  • Mmmmm. Eggs Benedict. Yeah, not easy for 35. But your menu sounds yummy. I love brunch.
  • 35?!

You're nice.  I wouldn't even make waffles for that many.
  • Oface4eva said:
    BOOZE

ded.

The menu you listed is awesome.

• tawillers said:
    Oface4eva said:
    BOOZE

ded.

There is always booze
  • 6fsn said:
    tawillers said:
    Oface4eva said:
    BOOZE

ded.

There is always booze
    LOL.   It's like they don't even know you, @6fsn.
  • Mmmmm that strata looks good.  I have a turkey and brie strata I adore too.  I guess I was attempting to avoid cooking much the day of.

I left "bar" off the hot chocolate/coffee.  I have Bailey's, Kahlua, Jameson's, Crème de Menthe, brandy.  I might consider mimosas or bloody Mary's (I hate them so I'm biased).  I will be checking pinterest.

• I'd go for Mimosas.  More people drink OJ than tomato juice.

• i'd vote mimosas - yum!

mimosas and bacon
  • Ditto mimosas.

If you want to try a twist on that, instead of OJ you can try cranberry juice or mango nectar.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • 6fsn said:

My first thoughts were: baked French toast, sausage gravy, biscuits, spiral ham (you could make sandwiches with the biscuits), roasted potatoes, deviled eggs (plain, bacon topped, salmon topped), fruit salad, cheese.

I'm also going to do a hot chocolate/coffee

The theme is Cheerio's if anyone has ideas....

I want to hear more about the cheesy bacon potatoes though.

Never give me a theme.  I become obsessed.  My first thought is small donuts made to look like cheerios.  My second thought was to try and tie each of your dishes into a flavor of cheerios.
    The fruit flavors could become muffins or breads.  You could add a yogurt parfait/bar to cover the yogurt burst flavor.  
    • Cheerios
    • Honey Nut Cheerios
    • Multi Grain Cheerios
    • Apple Cinnamon Cheerios
    • Banana Nut Cheerios
    • Cheerios Crunch
    • Cinnamon Burst Cheerios
    • Chocolate Cheerios
    • Dulce de Leche Cheerios
    • Multi Grain Cheerios Peanut Butter
    • Frosted Cheerios
    • Fruity Cheerios
    • Yogurt Burst Cheerios
  • Um, @mobkaz I have a a sweet sort of themed birthday party for my baby, with a bbq menu....got any thoughts?

• jojobrn said:
    Um, @mobkaz I have a a sweet sort of themed birthday party for my baby, with a bbq menu....got any thoughts?

Any chance it is for a girl?  Sugar and spice and everything nice is the first thing that hits me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards