Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Wedding Colors

edited October 2013 in Wedding Reception Forum
My wedding is September 2014 in San Diego.  We are having our ceremony on a lawn at a country club and the reception to follow.  I understand the colors are what we like, but to be honest I can't decide.  So I am hoping I can get some input from you ladies on what to choose.  I was originally thinking Pink and Orange, but then thought about Navy and yellow... But now I just don't know.  Any help would be appreciated.  :)
This is a picture of the room:

Re: Wedding Colors

• Options
    I think it's a personal preference.  Me?  I'd go with the blues.  
  • Options
    Thanks!! :)
  • Options
    What does your FI think? Both sound nice. Also love your venue!
  • Options
    Well he honestly wants me to pick whatever i would like.  He really liked the navy and yellow because his favorite team is michigan and that their colors.
  • Options
    What's your favourite colour? What's his?

I would also choose colours, or at least shades, that coordinate with the season. 

Navy/yellow and the pink/orange are quite different "styles", with the pink/orange being very bold. So depends on the style and feel you are going for. You could also stick with the pink and orange if you like those colours, but choose lighter shades. 

Myself? I prefer the Navy and Yellow. Navy is one of my wedding colours, so I'm biased ;)
  • Options
    To me, pink and orange seem like a summery combo. The navy sounds nice, but I'd nix the yellow. What about navy and orange?
  • Options
    jenn77bjenn77b member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    I think the navy and yellow are great summer colors...they are versatile depending on the shade of yellow.  imageimageI'd go with those, especially since your FI likes them, too.

Please ignore the whole "imageimage" thing...I was attaching some pics and it didn't work.
  • Options
    I'd go pink and orange. I don't care with navy with yellow - seem to nautical to me. I like navy and white - clean and classic. But it's all personal preference. I also think the ivory and brown accents in the room with go better with the pink/orange combo :) GL!! 
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I am digging that pink and orange.  I've never seen that before!
  • Options
    This is one of my favorite types of questions. :)

What about combining your two ideas and doing navy with shades of pink?

Beautiful venue btw!!!
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Its your personal preference. Buy you think that Pink and Orange will be great, its good. Red also be nice.
  • Options
    When I was planning, I was going to go with navy, fuschia, and orange. As in, fuschia and orange flowers, navy for bm dresses, some linens (with white), and accents.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your feedback.  I am still a little torn on what to do.  I really like the idea of  mixing the two :) I love pink and purple and he loves blues and greens.  So we have a lot of options. 
  • Options
    jco619 said:
    Thank you everyone for your feedback.  I am still a little torn on what to do.  I really like the idea of  mixing the two :) I love pink and purple and he loves blues and greens.  So we have a lot of options. 
    Here are some brainstorming starters for pink/green which might also be a good compromise:
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    There's also no rule that you have to pick two colors. Maybe do some blues and greens with highlights of a warm yellowy-orange, that will complement the room., which already seems to have some very warm tones. 

The room in the pic you posted is gorgeous, but I think the tables and chairs look TERRIBLE there, because they don't go at all. 
  • Options
    You could do Blue/pink, Blue/Purple, Green/pink and Green/purple. Mix your two favs. 

• Options
    MandyMost said:
    There's also no rule that you have to pick two colors. Maybe do some blues and greens with highlights of a warm yellowy-orange, that will complement the room., which already seems to have some very warm tones. 

The room in the pic you posted is gorgeous, but I think the tables and chairs look TERRIBLE there, because they don't go at all. 
    Haha!  I agree about the tables/ chairs... We are renting Chiavari chairs, thank goodness I work for a party rental company :) Thank you for your feedback :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards