Wedding Etiquette Forum

Some people are just genuinely clueless....

2»

Re: Some people are just genuinely clueless....

• We had someone add a plus one. My Husband's family is huge, and he felt like he had to invite everyone. I didn't feel it was right to keep arguing with him about it. I invited all my family, I thought it would be a bit rude to say he had to pick and choose just because his is bigger. All this to say we invited his cousin and her fiance (who were getting married a month or so before). We invited her father (who is blood) and not the monther, because they divorced a long time ago. The father could not come. The cousin and fiance could, and they rsvpd that the mother was excited to come too!! I was pissed, but DH was easy going about it (although a little flabbergast). We decided to make no issue of it.
    Well, We couldn't go to their wedding. We declined asap. And they decided not to show at ours. No e-mail. No call. No fb message. Thats the original 2 invites, PLUS the mom. I was livid. DH was not, but i kinda wish he was...

We went to a wedding in Niagra Falls 2 weeks before ours. It was a friend of DH from high school. There was this this really creepy guy that decided he wanted to befriend DH & I at the beginning of the night. He approached us at the bar, totally hammered. He started talking to one of our friends about his genitals. Then Her boobs.Then to her bf about her boobs. Then to my DH (fiance at the time) about crying on our wedding day. Their wedding favour was white wine (it was at a vineyard) and he cracked it open on the shuttle bus back to the hotel He was SO gross and declasse!  Turns out it was the grooms boss who wasnt even invited!!! HOW AWKWARD!!! Poor couple :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards