Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Bridesmaids Hair!

I will be wearing my hair Half up/ Half down on my wedding day. I would love some opinions on how you guys think my bridesmaids should wear their hair. I want something that isn't going to clash. Should they wear their hair up, or down? I don't want them wearing the same hairstyle as me because obviously as the Bride, I want to stand out. Please help!

Re: Bridesmaids Hair!

• You let them choose how to wear their hair so they feel beautiful and comfortable.  Even if someone had the exact style you did, NO ONE is going to mistake them for the bride or give it a moment's notice.  Please do not dictate their hairstyle.
  • Im not making it so that they have no say in what they look like. Im also letting them choose their own dresses as long as they are the same color and material. They all decided as of today that they all plan on wearing their hair up.
  • I told my girls they can decide. My ceremony is outside so my hair will be up I have a lot of hair 2 of my girls look great with short hair so j told them if they want to cut it before go ahead. I think it's nice to let them decide but probably depends on your venues, what would make them comfortable
    Bunny ??
  • I may sound like a bridezilla, but really this is the only say I told my BM's. Im wearing my hair half up half down and all my BM's are wearing there hair up some how. I told them thats what I would prefer and they are all absolutely fine with it! I would talk to them and see what they say. I dont think its a big deal at all, its your day!!!
  • Tonya729 said:
    I may sound like a bridezilla, but really this is the only say I told my BM's. Im wearing my hair half up half down and all my BM's are wearing there hair up some how. I told them thats what I would prefer and they are all absolutely fine with it! I would talk to them and see what they say. I dont think its a big deal at all, its your day!!!
    I am in the same boat as you. I've had a couple ppl on this board be downright outraged with me for saying my BMs will be wearing their hair all the same and how I (when in actuality, we all came to an agreement with their hairstyle) would like it to look. This is pretty customary in my area. All the weddings I've ever been to, the bridal party all has their hair done the same way, same style, etc. So, I don't care what they say to me. I know I'm not being a bridezilla and I KNOW without a doubt that my friends would tell me to get the fuck over myself if I were to be one,lol.
  • katieg520 said:
    Tonya729 said:
    I may sound like a bridezilla, but really this is the only say I told my BM's. Im wearing my hair half up half down and all my BM's are wearing there hair up some how. I told them thats what I would prefer and they are all absolutely fine with it! I would talk to them and see what they say. I dont think its a big deal at all, its your day!!!
    I am in the same boat as you. I've had a couple ppl on this board be downright outraged with me for saying my BMs will be wearing their hair all the same and how I (when in actuality, we all came to an agreement with their hairstyle) would like it to look. This is pretty customary in my area. All the weddings I've ever been to, the bridal party all has their hair done the same way, same style, etc. So, I don't care what they say to me. I know I'm not being a bridezilla and I KNOW without a doubt that my friends would tell me to get the fuck over myself if I were to be one,lol.
    I am right there with you. I am not being bridezilla in the least. I have spent hours with my girlies getting their opinions on what they would want to wear and such. However my one request is that they look uniform. All their hair will be the same and dresses are the same. They helped pick out the styles though. Considering they haven't paid for anything (absolutely nothing which was at my request because I feel they shouldn't have to) I don't think asking them to put their hair a certain way for a few hours to get a certain wedding feel/look. 
  • Man, I didn't even answer the original question. haha. My hair will be mostly down with a small bump at the top and curled ends. My bridesmaids are all going to wear their hair up. I like the idea of it being opposite of mine. 
  • For all of you that want a "uniform" look, all I will say is that I have been to weddings where all the BMs looked exactly the same from hair to makeup to dress to shoes and I just had to laugh at the absurdity of it all.  

All of these girls you have asked to be BMs have their own personalities and that is the reason why you are friends with them so why not let them show that off?  I mean, I just don't get why a wedding makes people feel like they can control their nearest and dearest down to what color nail polish they get.  I mean you don't do that on a regular basis so why should it be any different on your wedding day?

• If they all decided to wear their hair up, that's cool.

My BMs did their own hair however they wanted, and I think they all looked great. One was even half-up, and so was mine. But I was wearing a poofy ivory gown and a veil, so luckily no one got confused (I'm being facetious here).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Your bridemaids will look like weird non-identical clones and you'll look like a bridezilla if you demand they all have the same hairstyle...

Your bridesmaids are presumably capable of deciding what looks best on them. 
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2013
    katieg520 said:
    Tonya729 said:
    I am right there with you. I am not being bridezilla in the least. I have spent hours with my girlies getting their opinions on what they would want to wear and such. However my one request is that they look uniform. All their hair will be the same and dresses are the same. They helped pick out the styles though. Considering they haven't paid for anything (absolutely nothing which was at my request because I feel they shouldn't have to) I don't think asking them to put their hair a certain way for a few hours to get a certain wedding feel/look. 
    @celticgreengirl.......I am not even going to comment on the absurdity of cloning your BM's.  What I will point out, however, is that @katieg520 is making her BM's pay $120 for that cloned look. That is the reason she received "outrage" on her posts.  She tends to omit details in her posts. If that does not define bridezilla, I don't know what does.
  • If you are at all, in any way, requiring your BMs to do a certain "look" for your wedding, you have to pay for that.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I'm letting my girls do whatever they'd like for their hair. I've been in two weddings. Every girl has a different style, some like their hair up others feel that they look better with their hair down. Its about having good friends and family celebrate with you....my bridezilla moment is trying to decide if I can ask my cousin not to wear his transitional lens glasses during the ceremony/pictures because I don't want it to look like he's wearing sunglasses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards