Wedding Woes

Happy Halloween!!

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited October 2013 in Wedding Woes
If you have lil' ghosts and goblins, I hope their Halloween is tres excellent and they bring home awesome candy...for you to munch on. ;)

The debate over moving ToT-ing to Friday or Saturday because of severe weather in our area has been a rager on FB.  People have lost their damn minds.  Threatening to sue the city if they don't move it vs.  "The gov't isn't going to tell me when Halloween is, I'm taking my kid out anyway!"  It's been highly amusing.  I've seen a few people with the argument of, "Are they going to move Christmas if it doesn't snow?!"  The point and those people aren't even in the same realm.  I think almost all communities in the central part of the state have moved their ToT-ing.  And the worst of the weather that is coming our way is supposed to hit late afternoon to early evening. 

I never cared one way or the other.  If they didn't move it and it was shitty out tonight, I wasn't taking the kids out.  DH probably would have taken the kiddo in the car, but DefConn would definitely stay home.  But that point is moo.  ;)

Re: Happy Halloween!!

• DD refused to smile for my pictures of her this morning. For H? Giant smiles and laughing. I won't deny it, I'm jealous :D

H is in class tonight so it's me and my little Minion for candy handing out. If anyone comes by. One of the "joys" of apartment living. Even with a ground floor apartment with and outside door.
  • We walked around in the rain last night for a half hour (that's just how long it took us to make the full circle back to our house.  We saw a few other ToTers out there.  Several people told us they were happy someone was ToTing so they weren't stuck with so much candy.

• No one was TOTing last night in our area, we have it tonight, and if they move it, I'd STILL hand out candy.  I don't care.  If you can make the effort, I'll give you a treat.
  • dharmabunnydharmabunny member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, it's severe weather alert for this evening. I'm about to lose my mind over the whole reschedule controversy business. Enough already!

I'm in that Halloween humbug mood and have been for the past several weeks. I'm hoping that DD gets her TorT jollies at school and the zoo thing, so I don't have to take her out TorTing, other than maybe a couple of houses.

::::plugs in earphones with the Cramps on playlist, turns on illegal space heater, flips on do not disturb on IM, hides in cube all day:::
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • A few places around here have moved it.  It's supposed to be 70 and rain.  30 and rain is one thing but 70?  Make 'em work for it.  MIL is coming over just for ToT.  I'll be bummed for her if they move it.

• I've just read some of the comments- think of the kids!!  Vote out the trustees out of spite. I'm not going to pass the parks levy.
  • Jesus H. Christ. Glad I live in a place where inclement weather on Halloween is nil. We will be out tonight. Dusty Crophopper Jr wouldn't miss it.
  • I'm fine with ToT in the rain.  We did it last year in the freezing rain.  My only thing is if it's thunder storming/lightening/etc, I personally don't want to go out in that.  So, IF my neighborhood decides to move it to tomorrow night, I would be more than OK with that - but I'm not calling for the city to do anything about it.  It kills me that people act like it's a basic human right to go ToTing.  FWPs to the extreme.
  • These are gems on the township fb page.

-Just changed my mind on which way to vote on the parks levy. Clearly our township doesn't have our kids best interest at heart.

- I think this is a poor decision in judgement by the township.  I understand that moving it isn't the easiest choice, but when so many residents are asking to do so the choice seems a little easier.  It concerns me that we have no problem missing a day of education when there's even a chance of snow, yet have no problem eniticing our children outside for candy in what is certain to be inclement weather.

-Reschedule!!! Please!!! Think of the kids!!!

- Is this a trustee decision?  If so, I would vote against the incumbents out of spite.

• 6fsn said:

These are gems on the township fb page.

-Just changed my mind on which way to vote on the parks levy. Clearly our township doesn't have our kids best interest at heart.

- I think this is a poor decision in judgement by the township.  I understand that moving it isn't the easiest choice, but when so many residents are asking to do so the choice seems a little easier.  It concerns me that we have no problem missing a day of education when there's even a chance of snow, yet have no problem eniticing our children outside for candy in what is certain to be inclement weather.

-Reschedule!!! Please!!! Think of the kids!!!

- Is this a trustee decision?  If so, I would vote against the incumbents out of spite.

This makes me stabby.  I need to step away from the computer.
  • I'm always kind of amazed, when people yell about smaller government and governmental interference in our lives, but then people want a township to make decisions about Halloween trick or treating? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards