Wedding Woes

It sounds like she works with a bunch of dicks...not just the one.

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited October 2013 in Wedding Woes
A supervisor was overheard making fun of her?  Why didn't the friend who ran to tell her report any of this to HR and also tell the writer she's the one who could get in trouble?  That's one shitty 'friend'.

Dear Prudence,
A few months ago at work a young, handsome intern started talking to me. He was flirtatious and would act thrilled to see me. He would do this when other people were around, even other supervisors. I admit that I was flattered, but I’m a divorced woman 20 years his senior and in a relationship, so I didn't take it seriously. All I did to respond to him was smile and exchange small talk. I recently found out that he isn't flirting, he is making a joke of me. I was told by a friend that he was talking about me at an event in front of other employees, including a supervisor, and they were all having a laugh at my expense. This also explains the times when I would walk into the cafeteria and this intern and some co-workers would start smirking at me and cracking up. I am a bit overweight and not all that attractive, so perhaps this makes me a good target. He’s continuing his overtures and I simply respond “Hello” with a flat smile and go on my way. My friend told me to beware because she was afraid that this young man might get me into trouble. I am concerned that he could file a complaint against me and I don't know what to do. How should I handle this situation?

—Not a Sexual Harasser

Re: It sounds like she works with a bunch of dicks...not just the one.

• :( 

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• This is appalling.
  • Get that resume posted, get the LinkedIn fired up and GTFO of middle school.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • an intern? come on.

talk to his manager, kick him out, tear up his references, and good luck for that kid finding another job in that field ever.

man, one of the interns here was holding up a project, and one of the managers lit into the intern's manager so hard that the intern's college felt it. 
  • Oface4evaOface4eva member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    What makes me the most sad? 

The woman says to the public, I am not very attractive...WTF?  That's so horrible. 

Because no matter what, it shouldn't matter.

• Oface4eva said:
    What makes me the most sad? 

The woman says to the public, I am not very attractive...WTF?  That's no horrible. 

Because no matter what, it shouldn't matter.

Good point.

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards