Wedding Woes
Options

Mom + urbandictionary = trauma

My mom works at a school with middle school aged special ed children.  The school (it's a k-12) has this thing (I don't really know the details) that requires the classes/grades to be a team.  Really, the thing isn't important, but each team has to come up with a name.

One of the HS teams named themselves "The Tossed Salads".  No adult in the HS questioned it.  When the team names were seen by all the teachers (on a sheet of paper), someone spoke up and was all "maybe you should check on this name some more".

So my mom calls me to tell me this story.  She says "when you get a chance, go to urban dictionary dot com and look up tossed salad."  I laughed and let her know that I already knew what it was.  "HOW do you know that?  That's so gross!"  Because apparently I've always been an old fogey and never was a teenager.  She thought it was some new slang.

Re: Mom + urbandictionary = trauma

• Options
    My grandma, back when she was on FB, used to message me or call me to ask about certain words and phrases.  I would just send her to Urban Dictionary and let her go. 

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I would be mortified to have a conversation about "tossed salads" with my mom.  
  • Options
    I had to tell my mom what "tea bagging" was....because my brother heard something and was dying laughing in front of her.  That was fun.
  • Options
    Oface4eva said:
    I had to tell my mom what "tea bagging" was....because my brother heard something and was dying laughing in front of her.  That was fun.
    LMAO....oh man I'm sorry. I don't know where it came from, but I learned about it in my online video games, like Halo xD. That would be very weird to try to explain >.<
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LMAO LMAO awww man! too funny
  • Options
    Explaining to my mom what a 'BJ' was in front of my dying of laughter father and brother.   (She had casually brought up at dinner conversation that a customer of hers was telling another customer how he had the best one ever the other day).   Definitely one of the most mortifying and hysterical moments.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards