November 2013 Weddings

Ready to say "I don't need a guestbook"

Because, well, do I? 

I don't want to spend a lot of money, and I don't want to have one that has a place for signatures only.... 

Is it really needed? 

What are you guys doing?

Re: Ready to say "I don't need a guestbook"

• We ordered a custom photo book from Shutterfly, using the photos from our engagement session. It has places for people to just sign their name, and places for people to write a message, which ever they prefer. We also at the last minute ended up getting a photo booth, and the package we got comes with an album where a copy of the photos from the booth will be put into, so if we hadn't already ordered the other one, we would've just used the photo booth album as our guest book.

Wedding Countdown Ticker:)

• WedReMix13WedReMix13 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2013
    We are using floor tiles. They will have our bible verse on them and then they will be lining the church aisle. In our program it will tell people to sign them after the ceremony. 

One day when we get a house, we will use them as actual floor tiles. 

ETA:
    I chose this route because i didnt want a traditional guestbook and I wanted something to decorate the church with as well. I was able to get 12 tiles for $10 on Craigslist. I use paint (from the craft section) at walmart in our colors to paint the bible verse. Then sharpies for the signatures. After everyone signs Ill use a clear Sealant (also in craft section). 
    Married 11/12/05 ~ Renewed Our Vows 11/9/13. 

"The LORD will fight for you, you need only be still."

• My future brother in law cuts trees for a living, and to go with our rustic wedding, he is cutting a thin piece of wood and sanding it down to have guests to sign then we will hang it up in our house
  • we have a snowboard we painted ivory and have a decal with our last name and wedding date... navy pens for people to sign so we can always hang it in our house.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • We are doing a canvas with a tree on it that we bought from Etsy... Everyone who attends will sign a leaf on the tree.  I really wanted something that I could display and be reminded of daily of how special that day was and those who were there to celebrate.

There are a lot of free templates out there that you could use with similar ideas... Here are a few http://www.weddingchicks.com/2012/07/23/free-thumbprint-wedding-guest-book/ http://onefabday.com/diy-project-free-fingerprint-tree-template/ http://www.weddingchicks.com/freebies/wedding-signs-labels/free-printable-tree-thumbprint-guestbook/

I also like the Shutterfly idea... They are usually pretty quick to print and have really good deals most of the time

Good luck!

• We bought a 24 inch letter with the first letter of FIs last name, burned it, and stained it in a light color.   Everyone will sign that and we'll hang it in our house.
  • We did the photo book from Shutterfly with our engagement photos. The guests can write messages in there next to our photos. It came out great and it wasn't too expensive. It's something I think I will look at again in years to come
  • We are having a photobooth double as favors and one set will go in a guest book. 
  • We ordered a custom photo book from Shutterfly, using the photos from our engagement session. It has places for people to just sign their name, and places for people to write a message, which ever they prefer. We also at the last minute ended up getting a photo booth, and the package we got comes with an album where a copy of the photos from the booth will be put into, so if we hadn't already ordered the other one, we would've just used the photo booth album as our guest book.

This whole thing we are doing.. shutterfly photobook and the photobooth with the extra copies for a book for us

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • We are doing a signature mat and signable card box.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @dramamonkey, I know all of have shared our different ideas we have. I would say that it's really personal preference if you need a guestbook. Do you feel it would be a good keepsake? Some people probably cherish it/look through it occasionally and I bet others tuck it away and have never looked at it once. 

If you do want one, I bet you can put something cute together yourself. Maybe get a colored poster board and draw a tree and get some ink pads and markers and do a thump print tree? Or make get a basket and colored index cards and people can write well wishes or advice to the couple? It doesn't have to be expensive to be nontraditional. 
  • @mrspizanotobe

I keep going back and forth... FI nixed the thumbprint idea right at the beginning 

I'm thinking about doing the cards & box and markers/pens. I really love the envelope guestbook, but can't find the right pieces to DIY it. (and I refuse to spend $80 to buy one online). 
  • Here are some ideas from Martha Stewart. Some of them look a little more difficult but maybe you can get some inspiration:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards