Wedding Reception Forum

Gardens at Ray Eden- Issues resolved with Gardens at Ray Eden but not resolved on these wedding site

jerryz1jerryz1 member
First Comment
edited December 2013 in Wedding Reception Forum
Issues resolved with Gardens at Ray Eden but not resolved on these wedding sites.

Before and immediately following my daughters wedding we had some issues with Mark Cain, the owner of the Gardens at Ray Eden.  I am very pleased to say now that Mark Cain the owner of the Gardens at Ray Eden has gone above and beyond to make things right.   Unfortunately this website and others do not allow me to delete my previous comments that no longer apply. So hence this updated review and rating.  I do not wish to see Mark Cain taken incorrectly after he has worked so hard to make things right.  

I ask the webmaster here to remove ALL my Gardens at Ray Eden reviews immediately including this one.

Re: Gardens at Ray Eden- Issues resolved with Gardens at Ray Eden but not resolved on these wedding site

• jerryz1 said:
    There is not enough space for me to describe how poorly we were treated by Mark Cain the Gardens at Ray Eden.  Mark Cain showed total disregard for both our verbal and written contract.  There is no denying that the property is gorgeous, but don't let the beauty fool you.  In fact don't let Mark Cain fool you.  He can turn on the charm, but there is another side we and others have witnessed.  For example, even though he clearly told us he only held one wedding per weekend, he booked a second on Sunday.  His attitude was in his words: "It is his property he will do what he wants!"   If that's the chance you want to take, go ahead take the chance of ruining the most important day in your life...Otherwise consider the many other much better alternatives out there.
    I've never heard of a venue stating they only did one wedding per weekend.  That seems like silliness.  What difference does it make if there's a wedding on one of the other days?  It's not a resort where you're booking the entire property the entire weekend, right?   
  • This is an international board so most of the people reading this have no idea where you're talking about. You might want to post it on your local board.

About your actual post though, the only thing I see in there was that he booked a wedding on a different day than yours and you're mad about that. That's absurd to expect a business to not have any other customers for an entire weekend except you. If there were other problems then you should probably write about those. I wouldn't take your negative review seriously because the problem you listed is inconsequential. 
  • unless your written contract stated there would not be any other event there all weekend your complaint sounds silly.

• jerryz1jerryz1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2013
    Issues resolved with Gardens at Ray Eden but not resolved on these wedding sites.

Before and immediately following my daughters wedding we had some issues with Mark Cain, the owner of the Gardens at Ray Eden.  I am very pleased to say now that Mark Cain the owner of the Gardens at Ray Eden has gone above and beyond to make things right.   Unfortunately this website and others do not allow me to delete my previous comments that no longer apply. So hence this updated review and rating.  I do not wish to see Mark Cain taken incorrectly after he has worked so hard to make things right.  

I ask the webmaster here to remove ALL my Gardens at Ray Eden reviews immediately including this one.
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2013
    jerryz1 said:
    At the Gardens of Ray Eden cleanup is a big deal.  It is no simple walk away and forget it. Everything from the grounds to the restrooms must be cleaned.  Adding the second wedding forced us to have to clean up on his new timetable that was totally inconvenient to us and our traveling guest. Mark Cain clearly told us that he only did one wedding per weekend.  His contract also indicated the same.  That is why we rented the space.  Pure and simple.  It makes a big difference when you've made plans to spend time with your out of town guest before they leave Sunday and then at the last minute someone springs another wedding on you and then tells you that you must cleanup before noon or lose your deposit.  See the link below which is from our contract giving the timeframes for our event.  

...and here's his very clear Monday Pickup clause:

There is no way a person could have a second event.  Keep in mind he also clearly told us verbally ONE EVENT PER WEEKEND TOO!

Mark Cain forced the second wedding on us, treated my daughter, the bride so bad that she was in tears, left malicious voice mails to her (which we have saved) and further forced us to leave our 100 plus out of town guest at the hotel while we cleaned up before noon as Mark Cain demanded (contract clearly indicates all day Sunday cleanup with Monday pickup) so that we could get our $450 deposit back, which as of this post, 3 weeks later we have not received it or any notification as to why we have not received it. By his actions he also forced us to have the dance floor removed Sunday morning which cost us an additional $250.

We were not alone in our understanding of one wedding per weekend.  He also did this to another bride with the same one wedding per weekend statement demanding her to accommodate a Sunday Wedding totally creating undo burden and hardship on her too!

If it was me and I read this I would definitely look elsewhere.  Your statement calling our issues inconsequential are truly absurd when you consider the total damages done on one of the most important weekends in my daughter and our lives.
    Perhaps if you put the details around your ORIGINAL post, you wouldn't have come across as being silly for expecting one wedding a weekend. We're not mind readers.

That said, your links above still say nothing about one wedding a weekend.  Being verbally told that means nothing.  The link also does not clearly indicate you have all day Sunday to cleanup.  

Lesson learned:  Never go into a contract without all the details in writing.  
  • The people who typed up this "contract" use the word "than" twice, when it should be "then".  I would have been unimpressed based on that alone! 
  • I'm sorry this happened. You might want to post your review on the Louisville board here:
    So brides in your area can see it.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• We are renting a property for the weekend. We get part of Friday to set up, part of Sunday to tear down. We paid specifically for this amount of extra time. I think this is a reasonable expectation. Nobody likes it when people party hard and leave things trashed. Of course he wants it cleaned up! Unless you paid for X number of days, I really think taking time the next morning to be clean up after yourselves is pretty standard. It's never fun when a miscommunication spoils a party though.
  • Issues resolved with Gardens at Ray Eden but not resolved on these wedding sites.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards