Wedding Etiquette Forum

NER PSA XP: Candy Buffet - Save $$$ now

If you are planning to have a candy buffet now is the time to buy you candy - when Halloween candy goes on sale for half off or more!!

It will keep for several months (some candy keeps for years) - check for expiration dates.

Be careful not to buy candy that has Halloween wrappers on it.

I did this last year for my July wedding and everything still tasted fresh and I saved a TON!

Be careful with Reese Cups, they tend to go back the quickest.

Avoid the mixed bags as they will "trade flavors" amongst the candy over time.

People will prefer "premium" individually  wrapped candy to the color specific loose candy. If you buy now you can afford to offer the good stuff and not have to buy bulk yucky stuff :-9

Good luck!
:kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

Re: NER PSA XP: Candy Buffet - Save $$$ now

• To expand on what @photokitty said, post-Valentine's Day is also a great time to stock up for a candy buffet - and on the plus side, the holiday-specific wrapping for that stuff is usually hearts so it is appropriate for a wedding too :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I believe you can get some good candy after Easter as well...this usually comes in pastel colors and would be a little fresher for a summer wedding!  But either way all great ideas ladies!!!!
  • Good ideas! I never thought of this. 
  • Thanks!  Me too---I will need stuff for July, and having premium wrapped candy will be great :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My wedding is Feb. 1st and I'm going tomorrow morning to buy candy! Great tip!
  • I thought of that and luckily our wedding is next November so I can stock up after next Halloween ;-)
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • I was pondering whether candy bought now would survive till late April.  Our wedding is a week after Easter, but I'm not really a last minute kinda gal. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • clg1213 My wedding was in July and I had no problem. But I avoided Reese Cups, they don't last as long. I'm still eating the milky ways and snickers that were leftover and they still taste great - and are now one year old! 

Keep them sealed in the bag or wrapped tightly - I put them int he candy jars and plastic wrapped them nice and tight.

There are more options after Halloween IMHO and the Valentine's candy tends to be pink with hearts, Halloween has more options on sale in their regular wrappers.

• I went this morning and got a ton of candy for my wedding in February.  I had to go to 5 stores to find all the different kinds I wanted, but for 50% off it was definitely worth it!
  • akosakow said:
    I went this morning and got a ton of candy for my wedding in February.  I had to go to 5 stores to find all the different kinds I wanted, but for 50% off it was definitely worth it!
    WooHoo! :-9

• . But I avoided Reese Cups, they don't last as long. I'm still eating the milky ways and snickers that were leftover and they still taste great - and are now one year old! 

STUCK -- Thanks for the advice. 

Reese Cups would not last as long here, but for a very different reason than going stale!  I'd also have to leave a good bit of extra room in my dress :P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards