Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

13»

Re: .

• @carly324 just FYI changing the title of your post like this is a sure-fire way to guarantee that TONS of people will read/comment on it.  

It's basically a bat signal to the regs.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • carly324carly324 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2013
  • you are ALL CRAZY people who spend WAY TOO much time on here!
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013
    carly324 said:
    you are ALL CRAZY people who spend WAY TOO much time on here!
    I'm sorry you didn't like what we had to tell you, but you're the one who asked for our advice.  We didn't come to you with it until you chose to post about it.
  • carly324 said:
    Gosh, you're right.  Me trying to stop you from doing something that will offend your guests definitely makes me a crazy person.  And the two minutes it takes me to respond also means I MUST spend way too much time on here.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Came here just cause of the . Title.

Non-jewish and even I understood stepping on the glass is for the groom alone. You might as well let your step-son take off the garter, cause its basically the same thing. Actions have meanings attached to them.

I know you didn't mean to cause any offense, but reconsider this, if not for you for your step-son. Cause that could be majorly embarrasing for him.

Anniversary
  • A . in the title is a signal for all to come running.
  • chibiyui said:
    Came here just cause of the . Title.
    Me too. I probably never would've looked at it otherwise.
     Visit The Knot!                                           image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • carly324 said:
  • A . in the title is a signal for all to come running.
    Yup! That's why I came.

And I must agree, while I respect that a step parent would like to include their step child, as I do understand the thought that one is not just marrying the man/woman, but is also taking their child into the family, I think it is inappropriate for children to take part in any part of the ceremony that is traditionally carried out by the bride and groom. 

These traditions have meaning between a bride and groom, not a childs, or anyone else's role! 

To get away from the appropriateness of a child, would you ask your SIL to step on the glass because she is a part of your family too and you love her and you know you two will be BFFs from here on out? No. That would be completely weird. You'd get your SIL to perform a reading. Perfect way to honour a special family member or friend. 
  • I've used this gif for other DDs and will continue using it for DDs, as this is what goes through my head every single time I see that someone's changed their post title to '.' or something truly passive aggressive.

• I've used this gif for other DDs and will continue using it for DDs, as this is what goes through my head every single time I see that someone's changed their post title to '.' or something truly passive aggressive.

That is a truly glorious gif.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards