Chit Chat

Words you hate. And wish they would go away.

Ill start...hubby, preggers. 

Re: Words you hate. And wish they would go away.

• ciao. I don't know why, I think it stems from seeing so many people spell it chow. That just annoys me. I don't mind when Italians say it though. Seeing as it's an actual word, I don't wish it away. I just wish people would use it with spell check.
  • Belly! I hate that word with a firery passion stronger than the burning flames of hell...true story.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• CLI242009CLI242009 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Answer Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    Any short text/or anything to do with texting that is said out loud now. (lolz, hashtag, etc.) 

That annoys the crap out of me, I want to smack people when they do that! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Definitely hubby and preggers!

Also: Bro, Twerk, Anyways (hate the extra s)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  

Have to add  "balls to the wall"

• twerk, swag, yolo, lol (when it's said, not when it's actually online)
  • There is a certain name for a female body part starting with T that I loathe.   If it went away I would do a happy dance. 
  • I hate the saying 'it is, what it is'". I instantly give people attitude when it is said. When my mom says it, I roll my eyes and say I gotta go.
  • I hate yolo too.  Whenever my Jr High kids say it, usually cos they've just ailed a test or similar and claim they don't need school (trying to be funny), I reply back that if you only have 1 life, wouldn't you rather not waste it flipping burgers in McDonalds.  That seems to shut them up every time

• Moist.

Worst. Word. Ever.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also hate the "T" word used for a female body part. I don't like "hubby" or "wifey". I don't like when someone calls their romantic partner "baby" (a baby is an infant or small child). 
  • Panties. I hate the world panties. I hate its singular of panty as well.

Anniversary
  • WHEN PEOPLE SAY DOE INSTEAD OF THOUGH.
  • banana468 said:
    There is a certain name for a female body part starting with T that I loathe.   If it went away I would do a happy dance. 

Can we add the word for the same part that starts with C? WORST. WORD. EVER.
  • maryemoo said:
    banana468 said:
    There is a certain name for a female body part starting with T that I loathe.   If it went away I would do a happy dance. 

....Either your anatomy is mixed up or my vulgar vocabulary is lacking. :)

Anniversary
  • Interception, but I might be taking the performance of my fantasy quarterbacks over the last two weeks a little personally (Matt Ryan last week, Andy Dalton this week).
  • Hubby. Delish. "Foodie" makes me cringe. And "anyways" makes me crazy. It is not a word. I don't care if everyone says it. They are all wrong, and need to stop. And yes, "panties" is one of the stupidest sounding words ever.
  • chibiyui said:
    maryemoo said:
    banana468 said:

There are "t" words for both body parts.  I think @banana468 meant the "t" word for the upper body part and @maryemoo meant the word for the lower body part.

Stuff I hate:

irregardless
    ratchet (unless you're talking about a socket wrench)
  • I did mean the lower, hah.
  • chibiyui said:
    maryemoo said:
    banana468 said:

I'm confused, so I guess I'll have to say some words. Are we taking about titties? ta-tas? Help me out here, lol.
  • KytchynWitcheKytchynWitche member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    there aren't a lot of words i hate in and of themselves, mostly i hate the abuse of words and phrases.
    BUT i really, really, REALLY hate "alot". i find myself getting more than alittle annoyed at people who use alot as aword...

words i hate the abuse/misuse of:
    alleged/allegedly
    literal/literally
    actual/actually

i'm sure there's more, but my brain is fried from work crises.

ETA: oh, and i share Lorelai Gilmore's hatred of "fro-yo" and "ho-cho", most cutesy-wootsy abbreviations, and baby words like "potty" and "binky". it's really not that difficult to say toilet/bathroom or blanket, is it?
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • imageswag, moist, nub.
    Anniversary

• jlazgrl said:
    chibiyui said:
    maryemoo said:
    banana468 said:

I'm confused, so I guess I'll have to say some words. Are we taking about titties? ta-tas? Help me out here, lol.
    I thought she meant the T-W-_-_ word that applies to the lower lady parts.
  • Panties. I am not sure why I hate that word, but I do.

The one that bugs me on Facebook  is nom, nom, nom. I see that all the time and I get the urge to hide whoever is typing that.

• jlazgrl said:
    chibiyui said:
    maryemoo said:
    banana468 said:

Were we not talking about the word "taint"? It's not the same part as the "c" word, but in the same geographic location. And I've never been clear as to whether or not women have them. 

I hate the word ta-tas. And I'll also jump aboard the yolo hate train. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • I can't stand "feels" for "feelings." Guilty here of saying "fro-yo"! ;)
  • I hate the word "bling."  I've been telling every vendor I've had appointments with to not use that word or I wont like whatever it is they are referencing. 
  • audrewuh said:
    jlazgrl said:
    chibiyui said:
    maryemoo said:
    banana468 said:

Were we not talking about the word "taint"? It's not the same part as the "c" word, but in the same geographic location. And I've never been clear as to whether or not women have them. 

I hate the word ta-tas. And I'll also jump aboard the yolo hate train. 
    I'm pretty sure everybody has a taint. I've never heard of a T-word for ladies genitals before, hence my confusion.

Anniversary
  • mimiphinmimiphin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    I think they are talking about Twatt, Tits and Cunt.

I hate the word Moist, it just sounds gross

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards