Chit Chat

"Bridal Moment"

2»

Re: "Bridal Moment"

• We did our first salon trip today--consultant pulled a few things that we hadnt considered at all--she was fabulous. I'm not sure *I* had a moment, still want to think some, but the rest of my group kept tearing up!
  • I cried when he proposed and when I got the dress.  I'm a serious crier though.  I don't think most brides cry when they get a dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm kind of a weird person... I often cry at TV shows or movies, usually for sad reasons though. But otherwise, I'm not a very outward emotional person, happy or sad.

I got teary eyed at the proposal. I didn't really have a bridal moment when finding my dress- I picked the one that was in my budget and fit me best. I had been searching styles on line, had an idea of what I wanted and meticulously worked through a bunch of dresses until I narrowed it down to 2 that fit best, then picked the style I liked best- and I love my dress. 
  • I did the ugly cry when FI proposed.  It was so unexpected. (We had obviously talked marriage) We planned to go out for wings.  I had jeans a tshirt and uggs on.  Hair was a curly/wavy mess.  Little did I know it was going to be one of the best nights of my life.

I will admit that I didn't have that "bridal moment" when I ordered by dress.  My mom cried and one of the lights flickered.  (We say that my nana visits via the lights.  At home when ever we talk about her a light flickers)  My dress came in a few weeks ago.  When I went and tried it back on I totally had the moment.  My mom cried even harder than the last time.  My MOH and cousin were tearing up.  I totally felt like a bride and it was all becoming real.
    If it makes you feel better, I was in gym clothes and all sweaty. FI told me we were going for a run on the beach and proposed afterwards. It was sweet though and I definitely didn't see it coming.
    I was in yoga pants, a tank top and sneakers. We were in Gibraltar and were doing a tour on the top of the rock. I was sweaty! 
    I was in ratty jeans, ugly tee shirt, pony tail, no makeup.  we were supposed to be doing puzzles with his nieces (why dress up for that)  AND it was video taped, side view (not flattering)  But it was the happiest moment of my life.  I had the Bridal moment when I saw a pic my FI took of me wearing the ring in the store.  I saw that picture and knew it was my ring.  And it wasn't the one in the store that I liked!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards