Wedding Reception Forum

Bouquet/Garter Toss

2»

Re: Bouquet/Garter Toss

• I once caught a bouquet when I was like 10. I had never seen the garter thing before. After the garter was caught they sat me down in the chair for putting the garter on. So awkward. The guy ended up wrapping it around my wrist, which was very nice of him.

We are skipping the garter all together. The winner of the bouquet toss will get a bottle of bubbly or maybe a Starbucks gift card to entice people to join.

• Nope. This is why we, ultimately decided (as of last week) to skip the bouquet toss all together. (we had already planned to skip the garter) - no one likes to be called out on that stuff. 

Instead, we're going to do the anniversary dance, and the couple married longest will get the toss bouquet as their "prize" (it's something I made - ribbon & fabric flowers). 
    This is exactly what we are doing. (except the handmade toss bouquet... not sure what I am doing for bouquets yet)
    ---
    tabbicakes 

133 image     74 image     59   image   
    RSVP Date: September 20

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Nope. This is why we, ultimately decided (as of last week) to skip the bouquet toss all together. (we had already planned to skip the garter) - no one likes to be called out on that stuff. 

Instead, we're going to do the anniversary dance, and the couple married longest will get the toss bouquet as their "prize" (it's something I made - ribbon & fabric flowers). 
    This is exactly what we are doing. (except the handmade toss bouquet... not sure what I am doing for bouquets yet)
    Before you do this, make sure the couple in question is okay with it.  If they feel shy, or are having problems with their marriage, they won't appreciate it.
  • I'm from Louisiana and have never heard of the "putting it on the girls leg part"…we just do where u toss it and the person just gets to keep the bouquet or garter..some people I heard for the girls bouquet to give the bouquet to the couple who has been married the longest…a little more classy :)
  • I hate the idea of the bouquet/garter toss.   Even wedding's I've been to when single (years ago!) I didn't particapte.    I won't be doing it at our wedding,and never heard of  number of inches/great sex thing! 

Instead we will have all the married couples on the dance floor, elimanting them based on how long they have been married until the longest married couple is the only remaining, and I'll give them a nice bottle of wine.  

• jenni1221 said:

I hate the idea of the bouquet/garter toss.   Even wedding's I've been to when single (years ago!) I didn't particapte.    I won't be doing it at our wedding,and never heard of  number of inches/great sex thing! 

Instead we will have all the married couples on the dance floor, elimanting them based on how long they have been married until the longest married couple is the only remaining, and I'll give them a nice bottle of wine.  

The longest married couple may not appreciate this, and it discriminates against your non-married guests.  I wouldn't do this.  Just skip the bouquet/garter toss.
  • Jen4948 said:
    jenni1221 said:

I hate the idea of the bouquet/garter toss.   Even wedding's I've been to when single (years ago!) I didn't particapte.    I won't be doing it at our wedding,and never heard of  number of inches/great sex thing! 

The longest married couple may not appreciate this, and it discriminates against your non-married guests.  I wouldn't do this.  Just skip the bouquet/garter toss.
    And a garter toss doesnt discrimanate against married guests?   I've been to weddings that have done this, being unmarried I was never offended and it was very nice to see how long teh married couples had been together.     But thanks for your opinion!
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013
    Jen4948 said:
    Nope. This is why we, ultimately decided (as of last week) to skip the bouquet toss all together. (we had already planned to skip the garter) - no one likes to be called out on that stuff. 

Before you do this, make sure the couple in question is okay with it.  If they feel shy, or are having problems with their marriage, they won't appreciate it.
    Then they probably wouldn't participate in the dance, one of them would duck out to the bathroom or hit the bar if it's in another room.  

ETA:  How do you check with them beforehand?  The bride and groom may not know how long every.single.guest has been married.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mysticl said:
    Jen4948 said:
    Nope. This is why we, ultimately decided (as of last week) to skip the bouquet toss all together. (we had already planned to skip the garter) - no one likes to be called out on that stuff. 

Then they probably wouldn't participate in the dance, one of them would duck out to the bathroom or hit the bar if it's in another room.  

ETA:  How do you check with them beforehand?  The bride and groom may not know how long every.single.guest has been married.  
    These are good reasons not to involve guests in garter or bouquet giveaways but just to skip them if you don't feel like actually tossing them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards