Wedding Reception Forum

Linen help!

I'm having a hard time with choosing the type of linens for my chairs tables and napkins...  I found polyester ones that had some decent reviews... but a lot of ppl I know said that material feels and looks cheap. I will have a lot of crystals and bling in my wedding so I didnt really want satin bcuz I feel all the bling would stand out better with a matte fabric. are there any other types of material other then satin, spandex or polyester bcuz thats all I seem to find or does anyone know where to get good quality polyester linens?

Re: Linen help!

• I'm having a hard time with choosing the type of linens for my chairs tables and napkins...  I found polyester ones that had some decent reviews... but a lot of ppl I know said that material feels and looks cheap. I will have a lot of crystals and bling in my wedding so I didnt really want satin bcuz I feel all the bling would stand out better with a matte fabric. are there any other types of material other then satin, spandex or polyester bcuz thats all I seem to find or does anyone know where to get good quality polyester linens?
    what is "bcuz"?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • sound it out... have a great day
  • maybe organza or taffeta.  Try http://www.efavormart.com/

Their polyester did look cheap but their prices are low enough per piece that i was able to order a few in different fabrics and see what I liked best.

Thank you!!!! I was just looking at their site maybe I'll do the same just order a few different types to check the quality... really appreciate your feedback :)
  • I rented matte satin tablecloths. I didn't want the shiny either. 
  • I'm pretty sure polyester linens are the most common and are the type used at about 90% of weddings. I would go to a party rental store and ask to see a sample so you can feel/see for yourself if they look cheap. If you still think they're cheap, get silk taffeta, silk dupioni, matte satin, organza... You'll definitely pay a lot extra for these and possibly have to get them custom made, but if it's in your budget, go for it.

If you decide it's not in your budget and go with the poly ones, you could dress them up with an overlay.
    *********************************************************************************

• I'm pretty sure polyester linens are the most common and are the type used at about 90% of weddings. I would go to a party rental store and ask to see a sample so you can feel/see for yourself if they look cheap. If you still think they're cheap, get silk taffeta, silk dupioni, matte satin, organza... You'll definitely pay a lot extra for these and possibly have to get them custom made, but if it's in your budget, go for it.

If you decide it's not in your budget and go with the poly ones, you could dress them up with an overlay.
    I should have mentioned that when I said I got matte satin. As a matter of fact, I posted a thread on luxury weddings about my sticker shock when I got the quote for my linen rentals. They are pricey.
  • I'm with you, Miss Tchavon. I hate all the affordable rental options, and I'm pretty sure that polyester is the invention of Satan. The only actual decent linen I have found would have been more than our entire food budget. Unfortunately, that's what's out there in rental land. At this point, we are going to rent the floor length cloths in the fabric of the beast, and buy fabric for overlays of a decent cotton or muslin, which will work with our decor. Or possibly lace. (My daughter keeps changing her mind.) I am making the napkins, because I am a little neurotic about polyester napkins, and I have to touch them. I hate them, but again, that's what's out there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards