Snarky Brides

*Ugh..some people are just..stupid?*

2»

Re: *Ugh..some people are just..stupid?*

• PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    On one blustery day in September, one of my coworkers looked me in the eye and told me they don't believe in dinosaurs. Yes...you read that correctly...they didn't believe in dinosaurs.

In fact Captain Asshat of the USS Shortbus continued to tell me that dinosaurs are part of conspiracy theory created by scientists. He mentioned that's why there have not been any dinosaurs found in the United States (completely false statement). He  explained that there are no dinosaurs in the bible so they never existed.

• aefitz29 - wow...really? *facepalms* 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited November 2013
    This is all I could think of when I read 'really?'

rofl.
  • CLI242009CLI242009 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Answer Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    aefitz29 said:
    This is all I could think of when I read 'really?'

rofl.
    *snickers and rolls eyes* Oh you ladies and your gifs hehe 

>.<!! It won't let me post any pictures!!! Arg!!! image
    FINALLY!!! >.>  
    *facepalms to my own pic*....I fear for future generations.....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aefitz29 said:
    He  explained that there are no dinosaurs in the bible so they never existed.

Somebody hasn't been reading his Bible.  Dinosaurs are mentioned, just not with the exact word "dinosaur" (duh, because the word was invented in the mid-1800s). Job 40:15-24 talks about a "behemoth" which, based on the description, likely describes a dinosaur.  Job 41 describes another animal that could be a dinosaur as well.  There are also various other passages that describe "monsters" and such that are possible dinosaurs.  The Job passages are the ones that are the most clear.
  • aefitz29 said:

Somebody hasn't been reading his Bible.  Dinosaurs are mentioned, just not with the exact word "dinosaur" (duh, because the word was invented in the mid-1800s). Job 40:15-24 talks about a "behemoth" which, based on the description, likely describes a dinosaur.  Job 41 describes another animal that could be a dinosaur as well.  There are also various other passages that describe "monsters" and such that are possible dinosaurs.  The Job passages are the ones that are the most clear.
    I actually brought up that point with him and his response was that those are rhinos... >_<
  • aefitz29 said:
    aefitz29 said:

I actually brought up that point with him and his response was that those are rhinos... >_<
    So he's saying that rhinos were the size of buildings back when Jesus was around.....>.> 

Don't get me wrong back in the day of dinosaurs or a little after I'm sure rhinos were probably that big, but when people came they became smaller. They adapted. This co worker of yours sounds ridiculous. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • He was a lot of ridiculous...luckily he is no longer working with me.
  • aefitz29 said:
    aefitz29 said:

Interesting.  I never realized that a rhino had a "tail like a cedar."
  • aefitz29 There are a few places, I believe one is in Ohio, that are creationist-dino museums. They have some fossils/pictures/exhibits/etc and talk about how God did create the dinosaurs but also wiped them out for whatever reason. They also have a "Corruption" article and show the results of sin...such as animals going extinct and starving children in Africa. Also this (copied from one such museum's site):

"Uncover what natural selection can and cannot do. A cave aquarium features live, blind cave fish, showing how natural selection allows organisms to adapt but not evolve."

• maryemoo said:

aefitz29 There are a few places, I believe one is in Ohio, that are creationist-dino museums. They have some fossils/pictures/exhibits/etc and talk about how God did create the dinosaurs but also wiped them out for whatever reason. They also have a "Corruption" article and show the results of sin...such as animals going extinct and starving children in Africa. Also this (copied from one such museum's site):

"Uncover what natural selection can and cannot do. A cave aquarium features live, blind cave fish, showing how natural selection allows organisms to adapt but not evolve."

indeed.
  • maryemoo said:

aefitz29 There are a few places, I believe one is in Ohio, that are creationist-dino museums. They have some fossils/pictures/exhibits/etc and talk about how God did create the dinosaurs but also wiped them out for whatever reason. They also have a "Corruption" article and show the results of sin...such as animals going extinct and starving children in Africa. Also this (copied from one such museum's site):

Yea, I've never been to one, but I've seen a few videos.
    edited November 2013
    maryemoo said:

Yea, I've never been to one, but I've seen a few videos.
    Once upon a time...I did a whole study on the bible vs. science that included the bible & dinosaurs. It is all pretty interesting (not to say I believe in all the biblical provided reasoning of them being wiped out).

Not really sure why MaryMoo provided this random information but indeed she did.

I've delved into this information a time or two and already know of the places you can locate information on creationism, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards