Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Please check my menu!

The wedding's in 10 days so we're pretty much finalized with the menu. What do you guys think?

Hors d'oeuvres: Grilled Prawn with Balsamic Vinaigrette on a Toasted Foccacia Round, Mac n' Cheese Lollipop fried and rolled in bread crumbs, Spanakopita, Tomato Soup Shooters with croutons and a vegetarian spring roll with plum sauce.

Salad: Arugala and GreenLeaf Salad with cherry tomatoes, toasted pine nuts crispy panchetta and a lemon parmesan dressing.

Buffet: Tri-tip in a muchroom cabernet sauce, grilled salmon in a buerre blanc sauce and grilled portobello mushroom stuffed with risotto. Sides are mashed potatoes with gruyere cheese and carmelized onions and sauteed fresh seasonal vegetables.

Only one guest has come forward and requested no dairy so the caterer will make a side of plain mashed potatoes for her. Am I missing anything?

Re: Please check my menu!

• Sounds amazing to me!
  • Can the salad be served without pancetta for vegetarians?
  • Can the salad be served without pancetta for vegetarians?
    I can definitely look into that, thanks for the heads up!
  • I'm not really sure if mashed potatoes "go" with salmon...but it's not something to worry about.

Also seems like a lot of mushrooms...but I only noticed thaf as I know several people who can't stand mushrooms.

I assume there is a bread basket? Otherwise definitely add in some dinner rolls!
  • I think it sounds great! Have fun!
    *********************************************************************************

• itzMS said:
    I'm not really sure if mashed potatoes "go" with salmon...but it's not something to worry about. Also seems like a lot of mushrooms...but I only noticed thaf as I know several people who can't stand mushrooms. I assume there is a bread basket? Otherwise definitely add in some dinner rolls!
    Yeah I forgot about the dinner rolls and butter, those are definitely included. I can see if we can make a board for the menu so the guests know in case they want to skip the mushrooms.
  • JordanF13 said:
    The wedding's in 10 days so we're pretty much finalized with the menu. What do you guys think?

Hors d'oeuvres: Grilled Prawn with Balsamic Vinaigrette on a Toasted Foccacia Round, Mac n' Cheese Lollipop fried and rolled in bread crumbs, Spanakopita, Tomato Soup Shooters with croutons and a vegetarian spring roll with plum sauce.

Salad: Arugala and GreenLeaf Salad with cherry tomatoes, toasted pine nuts crispy panchetta and a lemon parmesan dressing.

Buffet: Tri-tip in a muchroom cabernet sauce, grilled salmon in a buerre blanc sauce and grilled portobello mushroom stuffed with risotto. Sides are mashed potatoes with gruyere cheese and carmelized onions and sauteed fresh seasonal vegetables.

Only one guest has come forward and requested no dairy so the caterer will make a side of plain mashed potatoes for her. Am I missing anything?
    I hate mushrooms and salmon and would be very disappointed with the main dishes.  :(
  • JoanE2012 said:
    JordanF13 said:

I hate mushrooms and salmon and would be very disappointed with the main dishes.  :(
    I can check with the caterer to see if we can have the sauce for the tri-tip on the side or at least make some portions that don't have the sauce that way people don't have to have the mushrooms.
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013
    JordanF13 said:
    JoanE2012 said:
    JordanF13 said:

I can check with the caterer to see if we can have the sauce for the tri-tip on the side or at least make some portions that don't have the sauce that way people don't have to have the mushrooms.
    I think that would be great.  I know I'm not alone in my dislike of mushrooms.  I can even deal with dishes that have it if I can push them to the side, but a sauce is unavoidable.  

ETA:  Otherwise your menu sounds delicious!
  • Menu sounds great. You aren't going to please everyone. If there is only 1 person out of the entire group who doesn't like you menu, you are already ahead of the game.
  • sounds good but the pine nuts i would see if they could put them on the side someone might have a nut allergy and you are not aware of it.  there seems to be a lot of allergies to nuts now a days
  • The salmon sauce has butter= dairy. What about the risotto and the tri tips sauces? Because if I were your friend I would only be eating potatoes. And I would be sad.
  • Kbastis said:
    The salmon sauce has butter= dairy. What about the risotto and the tri tips sauces? Because if I were your friend I would only be eating potatoes. And I would be sad.
    Thanks for your concern. The wedding was last Friday. The sauces were kept separate from the proteins and only one person let me know they couldn't eat dairy so all the bases were covered.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards