Florida-South Florida
Options

AFTER CIVIL SERVICE DINNER PARTY!!!!!!

Ok so the Mr and I have decided we are going to downscale this wedding and just go to the courthouse but id like to have a really nice dinner party afterwards where i can possibly bring in my caterer (since i have given him a deposit) and have a cake? Does anyone know where i can possible have this event but really really reasonably priced

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

Re: AFTER CIVIL SERVICE DINNER PARTY!!!!!!

• Options
    You need to invite everyone who is invited to your civil service to the dinner, and its extremely bad etiquette to invite people to just the dinner and not the service. 
  • Options
    d2va im just looking for a place not really info on whos being invited.. and besides the courthouses in miami arent big enough for 50 ppl... But thanks

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    If you are sticking with your caterer, I would think they would be the best reference for places where they have served.  
  • Options
    d2vad2va member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    misstira said:
    d2va im just looking for a place not really info on whos being invited.. and besides the courthouses in miami arent big enough for 50 ppl... But thanks
    Im just letting you know, that if you do that... its incredibly rude. People will judge you for it.. because they will think that they are good enough to come to a party and bring gifts for you without actually see you be married. 

So, unless youre not going to be wearing your wedding dress, and not going to cut a wedding cake, and not have ANYTHING wedding related..but are just having a dinner... youll be fine. IF you do all those things... youre going to be offending a few people. 

I would check out the etiquette board if I were you. Just trying to save you from embarrassment and people talking shit about your "wedding" .
  • Options
    LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    In her op it didn't say that she was having a wedding nor a ppd... All she did was inquire about a place to have a dinner party and possibly a cake which doesn't automatically equate to wedding cake but possibly dessert ... Just my opinion

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options
    And again regardless of what you may think is considered etiquette I'm only asking for venue locations or recommendations...I could care less what ppl say especially those women on the etiquette board...if you don't have any suggestions of a venue then you telling me who should or shouldn't come to a civil ceremony means nothing to me....thank you @lauderdale pink thanks I'll look into asking him

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    LeciaB said:
    In her op it didn't say that she was having a wedding nor a ppd... All she did was inquire about a place to have a dinner party and possibly a cake which doesn't automatically equate to wedding cake but possibly dessert ... Just my opinion
    Yes I know, but it also really looks like thats exactly what it will be I was telling her that its not a good idea, before she thinks its a good one. 

Im sorry for trying to stop her from looking like a fool? 
  • Options
    d2va Its MY DAY and if i choose to look like a fool than thats fine... again its what i want and not what looks good to you or anyone on TK...... GOOD DAY!

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    misstira said:
    And again regardless of what you may think is considered etiquette I'm only asking for venue locations or recommendations...I could care less what ppl say especially those women on the etiquette board...if you don't have any suggestions of a venue then you telling me who should or shouldn't come to a civil ceremony means nothing to me....thank you @lauderdale pink thanks I'll look into asking him

cant get out of the box...

anyways... its not about what the people in the etiquette board would say, its about what your friends and family would say when they realize they are invited to give you gifts for your wedding, when they werent invited to one. 

BUT if you want to seem, gift grabby, by all means... its not my wedding people will be talking shit about. :)
  • Options
    d2va Im sure my family wont have a problem with what i decide to do!... Your opinions are warranted nor did i ask you anything about who is or was coming again you continue to go back and forth about what people will or wont say or talk about WHO CARES? SEEMS LIKE YOU DO THOUGH!...  IT IS MY DAY AND IF THATS WHAT I WANT THEN SO BE UP....GROW UP!

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    @d2va-get over it!  This bride wants the wedding she has in her vision.  There is nothing wrong with her plans at all.  I think it sounds lovely JMO
    @misstira-if you can't get back your deposit and can give up the idea of your caterer, there is a really nice, well priced, great food restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale called Bimini Boatyard.  I post them on this site a ton of times because everybody who has gone there has had the same amazing experience that I have.  The have two party areas (one for 50 and one for 80).  
  • Options
    @LauderdalePink that place looks really nice

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options
    Lauderdale Pink thanks ill check them out to see if they fall within the budget..

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards