Luxury Weddings
Options

Polite...

2»

Re: Polite...

• Options
    It sounds like you have some personal issues surrounding a groom's family not paying. Maybe you should consider asking the groom to pay, since it is his day too.

@KatWAT-Again, I do not think that a young couple, just starting out, should shoulder the expense of a wedding.  I just want to know where the grooms' families get this sense of entitlement about guests and other decisions when they don't add two cents.  
    Why shouldn't a couple (age doesn't matter) be responsible for financing their wedding?  They are getting married, not their parents.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Options
    TeriBeri06TeriBeri06 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013

"Again, I do not think that a young couple, just starting out, should shoulder the expense of a wedding.  I just want to know where the grooms' families get this sense of entitlement about guests adecisions when they don't add two cents"

@LauderdalePink I don't know about that...If a couple young or not decides they want to be married and they decide to do more than go down to the JOP for 25 bucks...maybe they need to work on making financially sound decisions as opposed to trying to fund a massive wedding. My FI is an engineer and I work as a dancer/dance teacher and I have a full time job. If we didn't have the money on our own there's no way I would have planned a large wedding. At the end of the day I wanna be married to the man I love, a wedding is like a bonus. It's a privilege to have parents who offer to pay for any portion of a wedding, not a right.

• Options
    It sounds like you have some personal issues surrounding a groom's family not paying. Maybe you should consider asking the groom to pay, since it is his day too.

@KatWAT-Again, I do not think that a young couple, just starting out, should shoulder the expense of a wedding.  I just want to know where the grooms' families get this sense of entitlement about guests and other decisions when they don't add two cents.  

Expense of a wedding? It costs less than $50 to get married, (marriage certificate) everything else is an added bonus.

You are making some pretty strong generalization about grooms and their families.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

What the actual.fuck?  Lauderdale Pink  there are so many things wrong with this line of thinking!  What if (either) set of parents simply cannot AFFORD to host the wedding of B&G's dreams?  What do you classify as a "young couple, just starting out"?  And if the young couple cannot afford to pay for a wedding, how will they pay for life post-wedding?  Will they expect mom and dad to kick in on their rent? 

Newsflash - the bride's family does not always pay, whether you think that it's right or not.  There are plenty of weddings where the couple is paying for the whole thing and the bride's family is making demands.  This is not a groom's family specific issue.  The hosts, whoever they may be, need only to learn to say no to things they do not wish to accomodate.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards