Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Stepfather/Daughter Dance

I am doing a dance with my step-dad for my wedding to make my mom happy. I am already doing a dance with my mom in place of the typical father/daughter dance & the FI is doing the mother/daughter dance with his mom. I don't get along with my step-dad, so I need suggestions for SHORT non-sappy songs that we could dance to.

Re: Stepfather/Daughter Dance

• MM..that might be hard, you could do Isn't she lovely by Stevie Wonder, because its more about YOU instead of you and him. Sorry you don't get along with your stepfather.

• and its not a sappy song either.
  • "He Didn't Have to Be" by Brad Paisley.
  • I think you should skip the song with your stepfather. First of all, it's not your mom's choice if you dance with you stepdad or not, and if she has a problem with it, that's her problem. This is a good time to do it, because next time it will be, oh you have to have Christmas, thanksgiving, passover (insert important holiday) at Mom and stepdads house instead of at your husbands family's house. 

Secondly, guests get bored during too many spotlight dances. I think 1st dance, and 2 parent dances is the most there should be. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards