Wedding Woes

Mrs. Conn needs to start writing to E. Jean.

DEAR E. JEAN: An attractive 20-year-old girl asked my husband if he would father a child for her. She’s the girlfriend of my husband’s 51-year-old brother, who is unable to have children.

I’ve always wanted children. My husband has consistently refused, saying he doesn’t "want the responsibility of raising, caring, and paying for kids." But now, as he’s hit midlife, he’s decided he wants progeny. Of course, as I’ve already entered menopause, I no longer have the option of changing my mind. I told him that if he went ahead with it, I would consider it the worst betrayal a man could make. I begged him not to do it. He and the girlfriend meanwhile were sending sexy texts back and forth. He went. He had sex with the girlfriend—twice (that he admits to)—and, sure enough, impregnated her.
Now the child, a boy, is seven months old. He’s very cute. What on earth can I do? Any time I allow myself to think about it, I get upset. Do I leave? Divorce? Just accept it?
—She Has the Child I Wanted

Re: Mrs. Conn needs to start writing to E. Jean.

• Wow! Sorry to hear that.
    But that is betrayal.
    It's always best to decide if both parties want kids. That's a big thing and can't be one sided.
    I would feel VERY hurt and probably couldn't deal with it or him. But who wants to be lonely right?
    Nahhhhhh, I couldn't deal w/ that at all.
  • wait - so this is long after the fact that he went through with it, and they are together?

ok.

• Murder is the only thing that comes to mind when I read this.
  • What?  Why does this lady even have to ask?  Divorce.
    He could have came into a cup and then she could have gone to a doctor, but instead of that, they fucked.
  • She's still there?  She didn't leave as soon as he knocked another woman up?  NOW she asks what to do?
  • ummm wtf is this real?
    Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

• Oh dear lord.  If you're going to write to an advice column, at least make it slightly believeable.  Because I refuse to believe that there are FOUR people (OP, OP's H, H's bro, and GF) that are this kind of fucked-up stupid.  

Don't burst my bubble, because I don't want to knowingly live in a world with these people.  Ignorance is bliss here. 

Four men...Bah.  And she's found 2 of those prize men.  
  • sounds fake or this could be a jerry springer drama show. if this is real leave his ass he betrayed you. find someone else become a foster mom or adopt a child from the state that needs a home there are other ways to have a child when you cant have one 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards