African American Weddings

I picked up the pieces...True Story

LOL So have you ever heard the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover?" Yeah I have too but chile I ain't listen to it not one bit. As some of you old knotties I was on here with when I was planning my wedding would know I was engaged to the scumbag of the earth. At the time he was a scumbag but today I am thankful to him for effing up the way he did because he was not in God's plan for me to marry.  I am glad that I realized that God loves us too much to allow us to remain connected to people that do not bring out the best in us. After ending my engagement I worried with what to do....of course I knew to rebuild and heal but I knew there were things I wanted in life for myself....marriage, and (yes I am crazy) at least ONE more baby! 

Fast forward to today...I am dating a man that I have known for years. I was introduced to him through a friend and at the time I judged him based off his nerdy looks...He is an electrical engineer and when he gets to talked RFAD44 subspectrum linear blah blah I zone out LMAO. But we never really got to get to know each other because some lies were told to both of us by a certain person and we just lost contact. So anyway we reconnected in 2011 and were really good friends. He respected the fact that I was in a relationship and he would talk to me about the woman he was dating. Funny thing is when he heard about my ex doing dirt in the streets he would just tell me "Casey Lee be careful because the next time that man does you wrong it is going to break you down." And guess what he was right...but thankfully Wil was right there to pray with me, let me cry, and pick up the last four years of my life that shattered in pieces. When I told my momma about him she was like "Wait isn't he the nerd you wasn't too crazy about in '09? I told you not to overlook that man." Guess mama knew what she was talking about...I will learn to listen one day huh.

Oh well just wanted to share with my knottie sisters (old and new) that I have found happiness in a bottle..sipping from it slowly and enjoying the hell outta my Mister (that's what I call him lol)

Here we are tailgating for Southern University homecoming! Yeah we was a little punch drunk happy!

Re: I picked up the pieces...True Story

• Hallerluyerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

somebody turn to ya neighbor and say: sometime mama right but don't tell her I said so.

LOL!!!!

Happiness abounds.  I love black love!

somebody turn to ya neighbor and say: sometime mama right but don't tell her I said so.

LOL!!!!

• PRAISE HIM FATHER ABOVE!!!!!!

Im soooo happy for you Case, you truly deserve pure happiness and you two make a very cute couple!! And you know and i know MAMA was right about him, they have a sixth sense about these things!! But i got a feeling (no jinx) you will soon be back into full planning mode and i cant wait... Again honey congrats on finding love again it looks great on you!!
    SMOOCHES

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

LOL!!!!

You see you! LOL! 
  • misstira said:
    PRAISE HIM FATHER ABOVE!!!!!!

Im soooo happy for you Case, you truly deserve pure happiness and you two make a very cute couple!! And you know and i know MAMA was right about him, they have a sixth sense about these things!! But i got a feeling (no jinx) you will soon be back into full planning mode and i cant wait... Again honey congrats on finding love again it looks great on you!!
    SMOOCHES
    THANKS! Yes I will now acknowledge that mama was right! Grrrr no jinx huh? Girl in due time in due time....yall will know reallllllllllllllllllllllllllll quick lol! 

SMOOCHES!

LOL!!!!

loves it and yall look so cute together !!

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • So glad you are moving towards an happy ending. Y'all so cute together. I have a similar story with my MR. We met in high school but he was in the crew with my ex high school sweetheart/children daddy. 20 years later we are madly in love. Wishing you great blessings and success in your new relationship. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @soon to be mrs jay, you been KOTW yet??? That is crazy! Is children daddy in his feelings about it?

@louisanalove - AWWW!! what color we wearing? hot pink sparkles? :P
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Awwwright!!!! Praise the Lawd!!!! @footballwife77....Did anyone ever find the brown DOMINOES yet???!!!!! LMAO!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • LMAO @ footballwife and MissusD!!   messy first thing in the mawnin. LOL!!

OOOOH MY GOODNESS - MissusD like thas finna be your name for real this weekend!! Oh. Em. Gee!

//endthreadjack

• LeciaB said:
    Hallerluyerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

LOL!!!!

loves it and yall look so cute together !!
    Thanks soooo much!
  • So glad you are moving towards an happy ending. Y'all so cute together. I have a similar story with my MR. We met in high school but he was in the crew with my ex high school sweetheart/children daddy. 20 years later we are madly in love. Wishing you great blessings and success in your new relationship. 
    Wow that is awesome 20 years later you two were meant to be together! Thanks for the blessings! We are one day at a time one day at a time!
  • @soon to be mrs jay, you been KOTW yet??? That is crazy! Is children daddy in his feelings about it?

@louisanalove - AWWW!! what color we wearing? hot pink sparkles? :P
    LMAO HOT PINK SPARKLES UM NOT!
  • I see you Soror!  Good for you, girl!  You guys look happy together!

Oh, and P.S.  Send me that shirt.  lol  ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Awwwright!!!! Praise the Lawd!!!! @footballwife77....Did anyone ever find the brown DOMINOES yet???!!!!! LMAO!!!!

Yall and these domino jokes! 
  • pearls687 said:

I see you Soror!  Good for you, girl!  You guys look happy together!

Oh, and P.S.  Send me that shirt.  lol  ;)

HEYYYYYYYYYYY SOROR!!! Girl thanks! 

Now about this shirt....we were in New Orleans doing something on a campus where the chapter was suspended soooooooooooooo you know when the chapter is off the yard so are the letters....

Welp we figured out a way around it...

NO LETTERS NEEDED
    YOU KNOW WHO WE ARE

On the back of the shirt
    REAL RECOGNIZE REAL!

Girl we come up with shirt ideas all day!
  • I love it!  So happy for you both :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • marsm4 said:
    I love it!  So happy for you both :-)
    Thanks! I see you are on the countdown!!
  • @LouisianaLove33, yes maam I am.  I started reading your post last night and fell asleep with my ipad on my lap.  I had to read it this morning.  LOL...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • While I wasn't around when you wrre going through it with the ex, I am happy to hear things are going well now. No one deserves a jerk
  • marsm4 said:
    @LouisianaLove33, yes maam I am.  I started reading your post last night and fell asleep with my ipad on my lap.  I had to read it this morning.  LOL...
    Girl that is a total sign that you need to be resting! 
  • Senecaf said:
    While I wasn't around when you wrre going through it with the ex, I am happy to hear things are going well now. No one deserves a jerk
    Thanks boo! Its all good and yes you are right!
  • NO LETTERS NEEDED
    YOU KNOW WHO WE ARE

On the back of the shirt
    REAL RECOGNIZE REAL!

All day, every day and 3x on Sunday!! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • pearls687 said:
    NO LETTERS NEEDED
    YOU KNOW WHO WE ARE

On the back of the shirt
    REAL RECOGNIZE REAL!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  

country as a dozen eggs!

rolf.gif 414.6K
  • aww congrats girlie :) 
    not the que dawg though lol 

nerds rock lol 

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pearls687 said:

I'm stealing this. I don't know when or for what for i'll need it. but i'm using it! lmao!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • pearls687 said:
    NO LETTERS NEEDED
    YOU KNOW WHO WE ARE

On the back of the shirt
    REAL RECOGNIZE REAL!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  

country as a dozen eggs!

you back with the country as a dozen brown eggs bit lol
  • thedivav said:
    aww congrats girlie :) 
    not the que dawg though lol 

nerds rock lol 

Thanks Boo! 

Yeah he's a que! P&G!

Nerds rock for sure....but his cornucopia of language KILLS my vibe at times...
  • I see you Casey boo..Im so happy for you girl !! Ummm...clear throats...whispering I better get an invite to the ummm..the ummm...yea lol muah
  • MrsBad13 said:
    I see you Casey boo..Im so happy for you girl !! Ummm...clear throats...whispering I better get an invite to the ummm..the ummm..PUMP YA BREAKS MA PUMP YA BREAKS...you like Sultry, Footballwife, MissusD116, and Nursing2u....girl trust when it comes TK will know .yea lol muah

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards