Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Decorating a plain gazeebo for the ceremony: Ideas needed

Hi all.
I'm trying to figure out how to decorate our ceremony site right now.  Its a bit plain.   We want something simple.  We're using white and light blue as accent colors (if white can be an
accent at a wedding ha!)  Also, the gazeebo doesn't have a space where you can entering from the back.  I'd be entering from the side.  I'm fine with that but would like a bit more of a defined aisle than what is pictured below. 

Here are a few pictures.  I don't like the brown they have hung in the 2nd picture...not sure if that would look better in a different color or not.  Let me know what you ladies think!  TIA

This is the view from the gazeebo.

Re: Decorating a plain gazeebo for the ceremony: Ideas needed

• gorgeous site! I think draping in a more vibrant color/white/ivory would look fantastic :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beautiful location. I would check out your local craft store to see what kind of ready made floral ropes the have. In my area the craft stores carry different ready made floral, or leaves or at christmas time pine ropes that are great for mantels, doorways, wrapping around poles or on fences. Doing something like that with some pew bows would look nice and be easy & quick to put up plus probably hold up to any wind pretty well.
  • Erikan73 said:
    Beautiful location. I would check out your local craft store to see what kind of ready made floral ropes the have. In my area the craft stores carry different ready made floral, or leaves or at christmas time pine ropes that are great for mantels, doorways, wrapping around poles or on fences. Doing something like that with some pew bows would look nice and be easy & quick to put up plus probably hold up to any wind pretty well.
    Do you think something like this would be sufficient:

Or do you think my site needs something more like this:

• The first two options are my favorite, whatever you do make sure there is enough contrast between the decoration and the tone of the wood structure.  The flowers kind of disappear in the thir picture...

You can almost never go wrong using white, but I would lean towards using blue against the wood, especially if it isn't too pastel.

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Beautiful venue! I'd just drape some white or blue fabric instead of brown. I think less tends to be more for ceremony decor. If you want flower decor, I'd do some sort of bigger arrangement on each side of where you'd be standing or in an arch like in the second picture. I feel like the third picture just has too much.
  • I also vote for the first option (white draped fabric).

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• As a follow up question:

Those brown chairs in the pictures are what comes standard with the venue.  I don't like them but we're on a very tight budget ($3000)...I'm not sure $150 for different chairs is worth it.   For pictures, I care more about pics of the
    people there than the setting, but I don't want it to look tacky.  

What do you ladies think?

• The chairs are fine. No one will even notice them!
  • I don't love them either, but once people are sitting in them no one will notice.  Plus since they are brown, they will blend right into the woodwork.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I like that first option.

If you have extra blue cloth available, you could drape it over the chairs, but I wouldn't worry about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards