May 2014 Weddings

Guest Book

So for our guest book for the wedding, I made an album on shutterfly that people can sign like a year book. Cause to be honest, for me the books that you can pick up from the store aren't very special or meaningful and the first time we move, it won't make it lol.  I wanted our guest book to be something that I would keep and like.  Is anyone else doing something fun for their guest book?
Anniversary

Re: Guest Book

• We are also going a different route for a guest book. We bought a glass box that says "Best Wishes for the New Mr, & Mrs." on it. We are going to put out strips of paper in our 3 wedding colors for people to write any wishes on. The top has a place for us to seal the box with the cork from our bottle of champagne that night. I think it's cute, and definitely something we can put on display.

We also considered doing one of those big picture frames, where people can use a marker to sign on the frame... and your picture is in the center. That could be cute to hang up after the wedding too. Our only set back with that idea was if someone would write something sassy on it (I would HOPE none of our guests would do that... but you never know) and we wouldn't want to display it.

• I was thinking of going the ways of something a little less traditional than the usually plain-jane guest book. I was looking into doing the photo book from shutterfly as well and also a couple other things. I want to do something that I'm going to want to look at in the future, not just something that's going to sit in a box and collect dust. 
  • We're having a photo booth. So the 2nd strip that prints will go into the guest book for guests to sign.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ditto - photo booth guest book for us too!
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I was looking into the photo book on shutterfly or mypublisher.com using our engagement photos!! I agree this feels more personal and is actually something you will want to keep and look back at and cherish. We are also doing something I saw on pinterest where you take wine bottles and put anniversary years on them and have your guests leave notes/comments that you open and read on the year of the anniversary listed on the wine bottle. 
  • I am doing a photo book with our engagement photos.  The engagement photos were included in our photographer's package and we used a few for the save the dates, but otherwise aren't showing them to people.  We'll make a book out of them to use as the guest book and then the guest book will mean that much more to us! Also, I found a Groupon for a $10 custom book through Picaboo, so if you're going that route, keep your eyes peeled! There was just one for Shutterfly too.

A friend of mine just did the photo booth idea, where it printed out two strips and one strip went into a book for people to sign.  As a guest, I thought it was really fun.  She absolutely loved it.

• Awesome ideas!! I'm really happy with the photobook idea.  After getting ours all together I'm happy I'm doing it that way. I'm excited to see it once its all ordered and printed out.  Our photo book isn't all engagement photos though.  It has some of the engagement photos, but a lot of other ones that are from our adventures together :)
    Anniversary
  • We're doing the photo guestbook, too. Our photographer threw it in as part of our package when we told her we wanted an engagement shoot, so that solved that :)

• So for those of us wanting to use shutterfly to make a photo they have a promotion going on. If you like their page on FaceBook you get a code for a free 20 page guest book. You also get the promo code if you previously liked their page too. The promo expires 11/25/13!!! Just thought i would give y'all a heads up. :-)
  • I was looking at them as well and liked the idea! I definitely want something different, I don't see the point in having just a blank book signed by people  I also like the idea of a tree with leaves they sign. I've seen some on etsy
  • For those who are interested I got an email earlier this week about a free photo book/guest book form Shutterfly & TK:  a 8x11, 20-page hardcover ($39.99 photo book), enter this code at check out: 5NV6-CDX7-CBG4-AEU79A, expires Nov. 24, 2013.
    Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • @artteacher23 Thank you so much!  My mom said she wanted to get us our photo book, so I sent the info to her. 
    Anniversary
  • No problem @Kristen625!!
    Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Kristen625  - did you order your book yet?  If so, how long does it take to come?   I really like this idea but don't have that many photo's I want to use yet.  Our wedding is at the end of May but we are holding off on the engagement shoot until early spring (just haven't had time right now, and prefer now to wait until it starts warming back up out). 
  • @babymama007 I love that idea, how fun and original!!

@Jenni1221 I don't know how long.  My mom ordered it for me today, so I'll let you know how long it took to get here.  I did order our Christmas cards/save the dates (its all on one card) from Shutterfly, and it took about a week to get them.  So it didn't take that long.  Honestly, it took quite a bit of time for me to put it all together. There are a lot of options and things you can do, so just be prepared to sit down for a while to put it together.  You should be fine to get it before the wedding if you order it early May, or late April.  I wouldn't wait until the last second to do it though, just in case.

Anniversary
  • @kristen625 thanks!  I'd def be interested to hear how it comes out!
  • @jenni1221 - It will probably take you longer to design the book than for it to arrive!  I've gotten photo books from Shutterfly before (as well as photo prints & cards) and they are very good with speedy printing & shipping and at great quality/price as well!  If you don't have enough photos, you can always leave a page or two blank to allow for guests to sign/write messages on as well.
    Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • ArtTeacher23  - thanks!  I've never made one before,  but I plan on making my wedding album that way so this would be good practice I suppose!  
  • @jenni1221 I made our engagement photo book the other night and it took forever just because I was having fun playing around with the pictures!! The turn around time is pretty quick. I also made a photo book for my mother of their trip to D.C. and it was a fun time as well!! :-) It did not take long for her to get the photo book either. 
  • @jenni1221 The day after my mom ordered the photo book, they shipped it.  I'm not sure how long it will take to actually be at our front door, but I was rather impressed it was printed and ready to go the next day.  I just wanted to let you know that they do come fast! :)
    Anniversary
  • @jenni1221 The day after my mom ordered the photo book, they shipped it.  I'm not sure how long it will take to actually be at our front door, but I was rather impressed it was printed and ready to go the next day.  I just wanted to let you know that they do come fast! :)

wow that's great!!! thanks for the update! I've started looking at the layouts, even though I don't have the pics yet and def loving the idea!

• We're doing a baseball jersey. Our whole wedding is baseball themed so we wanted something special to do. Then we can put it in a shadow box and hang it on our wall :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're doing something we hope people think is fun and more like us. The idea right now is a poster. Probably a big tree and people can write all over and around it. I can't really find an image but google: wedding guestbook poster and there's a few of them. I'm hoping to have someone design an original.
    -anjo (aka the future mrs miley :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @missangelinamiley Have you looked on Etsy? There are a tonne of tree-themed, poster-style guest books on there, including ones that are just images of a tree, ones with leaves the guests write on, etc. Most sellers will let you customize things, too.

• @pumpkinsandturkeys of course how could i forget about etsy, you know when a million things are going through your head and the simplest option eludes you? 
    -anjo (aka the future mrs miley :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @missangelinamiley Haha I toooootally hear you on that one! Happens to the best of us :) Happy hunting!

• We are getting a big M and I am going to stain it and they can write on that. Then when we get our new house its something we can hang up and see everyday!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just wanted to say that Shutterfly and Wedding Paper Divas is amazing!!! I ordered my guest book last week on Wednesday and it just got here on Monday!!!! It looks awesome. I can't wait to display it at the wedding!!! Wedding Paper Divas was just as awesome with our save the date magnets!!! 
  • @jenni1221 The album from shutterfly arrived yesterday!  And I LOVE it!!! It came out so amazing!! I'm so incredibly happy with it!!  I will definitely be using them to make a wedding album!!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards