Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Menu Thoughts?

Lavender123Lavender123 member
5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited December 2013 in Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
We're hoping to finalize our menu soon so would love some thoughts on anything we should add/take away/change! In particular - our caterer thought we had enough food to not need a vegetarian option and i'm inclined to agree but wondering what others thoughts are? 

Tray-Passed & Stationary Appetizers
TMI

Plated Salad
TMI

Family Style Dinner
TMI

Re: Menu Thoughts?

• I think it sounds delicious.  I don't like sweet potatoes, so it's nice to see another starch that sounds yummy!  If I had to change anything, I'd probably add a passed app if it was in the budget.  
  • I feel like you have a lot of cheese on your menu. I love cheese, but some people may not eat it. Could you get the feta on the side for the salad?

• Thanks! I was thinking a third passed may be good, especially as our cocktail hour will actually be more like 90 minutes. What kind of things would go with others? Something with meat/light/vegetarian/heavy?

Yes good idea - will definitely ask the caterer whether the cheese can be served separately from the salad... would it be better if waiters give people the option or just serve the salad and give each table a bowl of the feta to add themselves?
  • I like the idea of having the feta in bowls on the tables, and you might also do that with your nuts and dressing.  

Definitely add another app if you're having a long cocktail hour (which you should try to avoid, if possible).  And make sure there are enough of everything (passed apps and stationary ones are being repelnished), so people aren't just standing around with their drinks toward the end.  Something heavier would work, or I think a veggies and dip platter would be good.  

Do you have any vegetarians coming?  I think you have enough sides to be sufficient--I don't eat meat and could fill up on the sides--but please make sure they are all actually vegetarian.  Sometimes mac & cheese and mashed potatoes have chicken stock. 
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013
    Thanks! I was thinking a third passed may be good, especially as our cocktail hour will actually be more like 90 minutes. What kind of things would go with others? Something with meat/light/vegetarian/heavy?

Yes good idea - will definitely ask the caterer whether the cheese can be served separately from the salad... would it be better if waiters give people the option or just serve the salad and give each table a bowl of the feta to add themselves?
    I would do something meat-based....maybe some kind of chicken skewer.
  • Lavender123Lavender123 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2013
    Thanks so much for your suggestions! 

Yes all the sides will be 100% meat free... Chicken skewers or veggie platter sounds good - maybe both!
  • I would either remove the nuts from the salad or offer them on the side, due to nut allergies.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards