Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Wedding day nails....

Let's see how everyone did your nails for your wedding! I dont really like french tip!

Re: Wedding day nails....

• You can do whatever you want. There aren't any rules that you must have french tips or pale pink nail polish.

I wore black polish with a rose pattern on top, because that's my style. A friend of mine had hers done in a deep red wine color for her wedding day.

• I don't like french manicures, either. My nails were red on my wedding day. Red wasn't one of my wedding colors or anything, I just like red nails on myself so that's what I went with. 

• Mine were light purple.
  • I hate french too....I did pale pink.
  • Not married yet, but I am thinking of doing something like this:wedding nails    http://www.lizfields.com
  • i am thinking blue.
  • Either red or deep pink

• I'm thinking a light pink or something with a shimmer to it.

• I am wearing Essie Fiji! I wore it for my engagement photos and my bridal portraits, too.

1385876 10200959833108451 1467805166 n
  • Just a opaque, pearl color like the one a few posts above (minus the polka dots).  FI doesn't like long or painted nails so I'm keeping it as natural as possible while still dressing them up a bit.
  • I wasn't going to have my nails painted at all, but my sisters-in-law invited me to go for mani-pedi's the day before the wedding. I ended up getting glitter ombré, like this.

• I'm planning on getting my nails done the way they are done pretty much every other day of the year...short, sculpted and with one coat of OPI's "Bubble Bath". Extremely low maintenance and one less thing for me to think about! 
  • I ended up getting something called Kyoto Pearl (I think?), loved it! It was a gel polish which apparently stays on way longer/better (I got it done Friday and there are no chips or anything).
  • emmyg65 said:
    I wasn't going to have my nails painted at all, but my sisters-in-law invited me to go for mani-pedi's the day before the wedding. I ended up getting glitter ombré, like this.

This is what I did as well and got a TON of compliments on them.  I've now been married for almost 2 1/2 weeks and the glitter has held on perfectly.  It looks a little more gold in this particular picture but mine was silver.  I hated French manicure as well so this was a great alternative!
  • I want a glittery color... something kinda pearl-ish or silvery.

I'm really annoyed that I can't see anyone's pictures....
  • Planning on pale pink (love OPI "Bubble Bath") or a nude shade. I have really short fingers and color makes them look even shorter, plus I don't really want to draw attention to my hands with color. 
  • mmm4763 said:
    I'm planning on getting my nails done the way they are done pretty much every other day of the year...short, sculpted and with one coat of OPI's "Bubble Bath". Extremely low maintenance and one less thing for me to think about! 
    I love that shade. I always end up going back to it because of how simple it is. I had a shellac done with it for my engagement photos. 
    Anniversary
  • ashleyep said:
    mmm4763 said:
    I'm planning on getting my nails done the way they are done pretty much every other day of the year...short, sculpted and with one coat of OPI's "Bubble Bath". Extremely low maintenance and one less thing for me to think about! 
    I love that shade. I always end up going back to it because of how simple it is. I had a shellac done with it for my engagement photos. 
    @ashleyep - I assume OPI included Bubble Bath in their shellac line, or did your nail person use regular Bubble Bath and then cure the gel top coat on top of it? Lemme know b/c I have such flexible, terrible nails that I really need shellac for the wedding day. 
  • PS - I decided to not be so lazy and googled it myself - OPI has that shade in their gelcolor line! Yay! http://www.amazon.com/OPI-Gelcolor-Polish-GCS86-Bubble/dp/B006HJQRB4
  • Here's what I'm thinking:
     Visit The Knot!                                           image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here's what I'm thinking:
    Very pretty and from your ticker I think the colors will go great with a winter wedding!
  • Im doing light pink and glitter on my ring fingers. 
    Married 11/12/05 ~ Renewed Our Vows 11/9/13. 

"The LORD will fight for you, you need only be still."

• emmyg65 said:
    I wasn't going to have my nails painted at all, but my sisters-in-law invited me to go for mani-pedi's the day before the wedding. I ended up getting glitter ombré, like this.

This is similar to what I want too! I don't wear fake nails though and just grow my own. I'm not so great at painting my own though other than solid colors or french tips.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Here's what I have been thinking for my nails:
    glitter ombre nails  written in the stars Incoco base

I figured it is a very pretty, but still soft & elegant look.  And even better, my wedding colors are blue & silver, so it matches.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards