Chit Chat

Eggplant dress...which color shoes?

CallaLily25CallaLily25 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited November 2013 in Chit Chat
My bridesmaids are wearing chiffon eggplant dresses, and they would like me to select a color shoe for all of them to wear. I was thinking silver or nude. Any suggestions/opinions?

ETA: They want me to select the color, not the shoe itself.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Eggplant dress...which color shoes?

• I vote for silver. 
  • Personally, I'd pick black. I feel like black has the best chance of being re-wearable. Also, IMHO, silver is very prom-ish.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I, personally, hate silver shoes with a deep burning passion. I think they look like a junior in high school at prom. Tell them nude, silver or gold, it really doesn't matter. 
  • I, personally, hate silver shoes with a deep burning passion. I think they look like a junior in high school at prom. Tell them nude, silver or gold, it really doesn't matter. 
    Good point!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our colors were plum purple and silver so my girls both wanted silver shoes and ended up finding some shoes they really liked on sale (different styles, one was metallic, one was glittery.)  I thought they looked great.  Nude might be something your girls would be more likely to wear again though (and not just for a special occasion.) 
  • We had eggplant dresses in our wedding and went with black sandals. We thought they'd be more versatile to wear again than silver. 
  • Silver, though if black was a choice, black.
  • My BMs wore eggplant dresses and whatever black shoe they owned.  One wore black pumps, one wore grey pumps covered in black lace and the third wore black shoes that were kind of a cross between a mary-jane and a low-heeled pump.  They looked great.
  • Nude shoes are great because a) they go with everything, and b) they make your legs look longer! Black is also a great option though - almost everyone has black formal shoes already, so that may be something to consider.

I was in a wedding where the bride wanted us to wear silver shoes. I struggled for months to find any that didn't look like something a Hooters girl or a drag queen would wear (no offence to any lurking Hooters girls or drag queens) and ended up spending almost as much on my shoes as I did on my dress - so that's something to keep in mind if you have girls in your BP who wear non-standard sizes. I changed out of the shoes as soon as the formal pictures were taken, and I've only worn them twice since the wedding which was almost two years ago...
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • urbaneca said:
    Nude shoes are great because a) they go with everything, and b) they make your legs look longer! Black is also a great option though - almost everyone has black formal shoes already, so that may be something to consider.

I was in a wedding where the bride wanted us to wear silver shoes. I struggled for months to find any that didn't look like something a Hooters girl or a drag queen would wear (no offence to any lurking Hooters girls or drag queens) and ended up spending almost as much on my shoes as I did on my dress - so that's something to keep in mind if you have girls in your BP who wear non-standard sizes. I changed out of the shoes as soon as the formal pictures were taken, and I've only worn them twice since the wedding which was almost two years ago...
    I have two bridesmaids who are between a size 10 and 11, so this is a great point! I'm a standard size 7 or 7.5, so sometimes I forget how difficult it can be to find shoes. Thank you for pointing this out!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I personally think silver or nude would look better. 
  • I personally think silver or nude would look better. 
    I agree, I guess now that nude shoes are in, I can't imagine black and eggplant.
  • melbelleupmelbelleup member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited November 2013
    urbaneca said:
    Nude shoes are great because a) they go with everything, and b) they make your legs look longer! Black is also a great option though - almost everyone has black formal shoes already, so that may be something to consider.

I have two bridesmaids who are between a size 10 and 11, so this is a great point! I'm a standard size 7 or 7.5, so sometimes I forget how difficult it can be to find shoes. Thank you for pointing this out!
    I dont consider 10-11 as hard to find sizes. I've worn 10's and 11's since I was a 9th grader. I have no issues finding shoes whether formal or just regular shoes. Actually, I was able to find my wedding shoes on a sales rack. No issues :) All department stores carry 10's and 11's now.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I think nude or black are the best colors. As for sizes, I have been a size 10 shoe since the 5th grade  and I rarely have trouble finding shoes.
  • Go with nude. They're classic and can match just about anything. 
  • I'm not a huge fan of black shoes with those darker tones (eggplant, navy, deep green). If you want all one color I like nude. Although a lot of shoes could look great. My girls are wearing short, navy, chiffon dresses, with pink sashes. I told them no black or brown. Two are wearing nude shoes they already have, one is wearing silver, one doesn't know yet, and the other is wearing pink shoes she had to buy for another wedding that she was excited she could wear again. I think it will looke just fine. If you really want one color, nude is hard to go wrong with, and can easily be worn again.
  • I would definitely say silver. My friend had us wear silver shoes for her wedding...we had light purple dresses, and her maid of honor had a plum color dress. It looked great!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think they'll get more mileage out of black shoes (after the wedding), but I also like the idea of nude.
    *********************************************************************************

• I was in a wedding last year, chiffon eggplant dress and whatever black shoes we wanted. I think it looked nice. If the dresses are long you will hardly see them anyway.
    I don't own nude shoes, I prefer open toed or with tights and nude aren't good with tights and typically I see them in pump or peep toe - so I don't own any.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

YES! My bms wore purple colored dresses and nude shoes
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards