Not Engaged Yet

So how was your weekend?

Scary storms in IL/the Midwest! Is everyone safe?

My weekend was pretty darn good. I had to work both days ... but I did get to knit on my new scarf (link) and I passed BF in the family football pool, and if the Pats win tonight, I'll be tied for first. Also, Mount Laundry has been partially eradicated. And I got another commission for a blue variant of the Doctor Who scarf, and I was able to find six of the seven colors locally.

What did you guys do?

Re: So how was your weekend?

• good morning!

how is it already Monday?!?!

H and I went to his little cousins' church program on Friday night, and then I spent a few hours baking (cranberry-orange bread (just okay) and pizza dough to freeze for later) while he watched some wrestling documentaries.  I guess it's his thing right now, for a while he was into lions and then it was orcas.  now it's wrestling.  we watched Love, Actually (my first time) but I didn't like it at all.  I am more of a traditional Christmas movie gal, I guess!

we celebrated my mom's birthday yesterday and so I ate pie with lunch.  YUM.

this weekend looks like we could get some sleet/snow, so I'm looking forward to that.

congrats on Mount Laundry, @KeptInStitches..  the bad part is, I'm sure it's already growing again, if it's anything like at our house!!
  • I heard about the storms in the midwest, I hope everyone is okay!!

Friday night my shoe shipment came in from JustFab, and I was soooo excited to wear them (grocery shopping hahaha) but I wasn't paying attention and the boots have no zipper so they didn't fit (usually zipper-less boots I order a size up) so I threw on my Uggs and went grocery shopping. BF and I had a delicious dinner of Taco Bell, watched TV and went to bed.

Saturday I went to the post office to return my boots, came home, cleaned up the house a little bit. BF got home from work so we hung out and I finished a scarf I made for my friend for watching my cat while we were in DC. I headed up to the salon to get my hair cut only to find out that they tried calling me on my work number to reschedule since my hairstylist called out sick. So I drove a half hour for nothing, but next time I'm getting a free glaze, the receptionist felt so bad. I went to a knitting store in town got a pair of knitting needles I needed to make a hat. Halfway home, I look down and realize the lady sold me the wrong size needles gahhhhhh. I decided to drive to our area's new Hobby Lobby and that was a complete cluster fuck. Finally at Michael's I found the needles I needed.

Got home, worked on a gift cardigan my mom wanted me to make for her friends, ate dinner and we went to BF's old roommate's house to play with their puppies. We got home, and went to bed.

Sunday I did all. the. laundry. I started a hat for a friend (the same friend I'm making a scarf for), finished cleaning the house, deep cleaned my cat's bedroom and then watched football.

Also, BF told me that this weekend while I'm boozy brunching with @swazzle and @hummingbird125 that he's going to the jeweler's to pick up the ring. I mean pony. GAHHHHH!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • My weekend was ok but I'm feeling really down right now. I just found out my BFF had a miscarriage. It was only in the first trimester but it's still heartbreaking. I want to say something to help her feel ...I dunno...better? But I also realize there isn't much you can say to make the situation any less awful than it already is. I just feel really sad for her. This would've been her second baby and she was so excited for her son to be a big brother.

• Sounds like you had a good weekend, @cocobellaff!

@buddysmom80, what are your scarf and hat patterns?

@lmhollister, I'm sorry about your friend's miscarriage. Maybe you could bring/send over food - enough food for a meal and some leftovers. 
  • @keptinstiches I made the drop stich scarf for her and I'm working on a hat pattern named Etta I think?

@lmhollister sorry about your friend's miscarriage. Sometimes just being there as a friend is the most helpful for a friend in that situation. One of my long-time friends had a miscarriage a week before Christmas a few years ago and she said the best thing that happened was when I came over with her favorite Christmas dessert and just letting her talk about it.

@cocobellaf I want to make pizza dough to freeze, but I need to clear out my freezer first. It's full right now with stuff for Thanksgiving! I did break in the Kitchen Aide mixer this weekend though!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 - what did you make with the mixer?  I cleaned out our freezer last weekend...  there was stuff in there that was, um, just NOT GOOD AT ALL!  I cleaned out our pantry, spice cabinets, freezer...  everything.  I threw away so much stuff that I had bought when we got married, but I figured we'd need.  now I know better!
  • @cocobellaf I made pumpkin and chocolate chip baked oatmeal for breakfast this week (and next week). The ONLY complaint I have is that I think I need a bigger mixing bowl for my mixer. I think my mom may have an extra one, I'll have to ask her. When I make cookies, I usually double the recipe and freeze half of the dough and bake the other half (or freeze both) and I don't think the bowl that came with it is big enough for a double batch. I'm going to whip up some snickerdoodles and chocolate chip cookies over Thanksgiving weekend so I'll see how that goes.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • edited November 2013

I hope everyone out in the midwest is ok. My weekend was good, pretty boring actually.

Friday night stayed in did some cleaning made tacos for FI & I.  Saturday I was up early went bridesmaids dress shopping with my bridesmaids and they chose their dress!! I love them, here is the dress, the color is petal pink. It's a Jim Hjelm 5326. I can't get the dress color to change on the website.

After that we hung out with FI's sister for awhile, we ordered take out and stayed in playing board games.  Sunday we stayed in watched football, I also did some reading.  It was nice enough out to grill in the backyard so we did that and watched The Walking Dead.  It's Monday again, I hope this weeks is a little less stressful too.

Anniversary

• @KeptInStitches and @buddysmom80 Thanks! :) We're going to try and meet up tomorrow and have some shopping and girl-time therapy. Her in-laws are flying back in to town tonight so I think she's spending time with her H and her family today.

• @lmhollister -That makes me so sad. I was so excited for her to have another baby and I knew she was too. Give her my love!

This weekend was pretty fun and relaxing. Friday night @lmhollister came over to my apartment for the first time and we watched Bridezillas and drank wine. Cinders watched TV too, it was hilarious. Then FI and I went to sushi with another couple who is overly touchy at dinner...kind of awkward but whatever.

Saturday morning my massage and facial were amazing! During my facial, the lady asked me if I wanted extraction (I had no idea what she was talking about) and I said yes so yea immediately regretted it after she squeezed the crap out of my face. It looks a million times better now but it hurt like nothing else! Then afterwards we went to my friends graduation party and watched the GA vs. Auburn game...they lost : ( It's ok though because I'm learning to become a GA fan so I wasn't too sad.

Sunday was nice, we just had lunch with FI's mom and she is really trying to help out with the wedding now that she realized how close it is. I don't have anything for her to do besides help FI with his stuff that he needs help with. We had dinner with the parentals and family and that's always a good time. 

This week is going to be so crazy but so much fun! I just can't wait for everything to be here!
  • suzie211suzie211 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2013
    All safe here!  Driving back from the wedding was not fun though.  I got stuck in the storm while on the Skyway.  Yuck!  The tornado hit 10 miles from my hometown, where my parents still live.  I know quite a few people that have moved there over the years. Thankfully everyone is safe.  The storm was so strong that debris in my hometown are from Washington, IL that was hardest hit.  They're about 100 miles from each other.  It's dropped mail, mortgage documents, and personal items like baseball gloves all that way.  Insane how strong a storm can be.

Other than that, Friday was fun.  Mr. Shoes makes an amazing bananas foster!  @loves2shop4shoes and Mr. Shoes are great hosts!  It was a good night.

Saturday the wedding was insane amounts of fun.  I drank way more than I should've,but it was so worth it.  The bride and I closed down Harry's and I couldn't have asked for a better evening.

Yesterday I was insanely hungover.  Being hungover trapped by wind and rain in your not moving car on a Chicago expressway was quite miserable.  As soon as I got home, I spent the remainder of the day on the couch.  I almost need another day to recover!

Eta: English fail today.  I may have killed a few too many brain cells this weekend.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited November 2013
    I had such a great weekend. It was the perfect mix of fun, relaxation, pup-time, and family time. Friday night I wanted to go out, but BF was exhausted from his work week, so I agreed to stay home. We bought a bottle of wine and watched some TV together. We also downloaded the first Divergent book on tape to listen to together. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet - so far it just feels like too much of a ripoff of the Hunger Games, but I'm trying to get into it!

Saturday morning we drank coffee and ate freshly baked chocolate croissants in bed (from Trader Joe's, they are AMAZING). Once we got up, we took the pup to the nice dog park and her "boyfriend", another shiba inu, happened to show up! They had an awesome time playing together and we stayed for over an hour. Then we bought some yummy snacks from Stew Leonards for lunch, and ate and took a nap at home. 

Saturday night we went to one of my new favorite bars in the city - Elsa. It has really good fancy cocktails, tables and chairs so you don't have to stand, and lots of candles and good music. We had a great time - AND got a free drink because the waitress brought us the wrong one. On the way home we stopped at a popular food truck nearby and bought a cheeseburger and cheese fries. I don't regret it one bit.

Sunday BF worked in the morning and in the afternoon we went out to Long Island to visit my mom and stepdad. My litle sister stopped by for a bit too. At one point BF and I were in the kitchen talking to my mom and I told her we were possibly going to the NY Botanical Gardens on Tuesday with a Travelzoo deal I bought, and she said, "I've been there before - my cousin got married there. They do weddings!! Did you know that? Take a look!" I gave her the "Please Shut Up" look, but BF only laughed. My mother is so wedding and grandchildren-crazy I can hardly reign it in.

Last night we downloaded and watched "Prisoners (so good) and ate brownie brittle (even better) and went to bed. :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Monday… Why you come so fast?? 

This weekend was one VERY long celebration for DD's 9th Birthday. We had a family party on Friday night, a soccer game early Saturday followed by a party at Chuck E Cheese, and a sleepover. Needless to say, yesterday was full of naps, cranky kids, and clean up. The house is still torn apart. I think we'll be recovering for a few more days. 

• @lmhollister - I'm so sorry to hear about your friends m/c. All you can do is let her know that you're there if she needs to talk about it.

Friday night we went out to a quick dinner and a glass (ok, two) of wine. 

Saturday I updated my iPod, did laundry and cleaned the house for the arrival of my parents, sister, niece and nephew. We went to the train museum which is only a block from my house. My niece and nephew LOVED it. Then we went to the playground for a little bit, then home to rest a little.

Sunday I ran my sixth half marathon. My time was ok (3rd fastest of the six). I was feeling REALLY good until about 9.5 miles in. It was on a trail, and my joints (knees and hips mostly) really started to hurt at that point. It was fun to see my whole family out there a couple times, and the kids finished with me, which was fun and drew lots of 'awwwws' from the crowd :). I'm super sore today and definitely walking funny!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Lots of wind and rain here yesterday, but we were far from any tornadoes. Shoutout to @sakalicious for FB messaging me to check up <3 

My weekend was a lot less productive than it should have been. We stayed out kinda late on Friday night, which led to a hangover and lack of sleep, which led to staying on the couch most of Saturday. Sunday I tried to work but was distracted by the weather and football.  We did laundry last night - huzzah! 
  • Morning ladies. This weekend was great.  We stayed at a great cabin in Michigan, ate ALL the food, drank ALL the wine and I'm still a woozy from all the above.  We've decided that road trips to new places is not really great for our dog though...he was sick all weekend from the stress of being in a new place.  Driving back from MI to IL in the storm wasn't fun but I think we lucked out and missed the worst of it.  Glad to hear everyone else in the Midwest is ok.
  • edited November 2013
    @TwoDimes - She just turned a year old! I love her like crazy but we're just starting to have some possessiveness issues that we're really trying to correct. If you have any suggestions please PM me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ugh, no thanks, Monday.

My weekend was all right. My partner was exhausted on Friday, so he went to bed around 8:30. I wasn't sleepy because I hadn't been feeling well and stayed home/slept in (went to work around 4:30pm to get an experiment done). I woke him up around midnight for our anniversary, when we exchanged presents.

I got him a watch. He'd worn one before we met--a plastic and velcro atrocity that a 30-year-old man shouldn't be wearing. It had fallen apart a while back, thank goodness. So I got him a Skagen watch, and I'm a little surprised at how much he likes it!

He got me a "relaxation" kit. Some bath salts (I love reading in the bath), which I've already used and are woooonderful. Then a leg pillow, which I thought was funny. He got it for me because he's noticed that when we're on the couch (I am always lying down on the couch), my legs are always uncomfortable, and he thought it would help. He hadn't realized that in bed, I slept on my side with the comforter between my legs! So, a more useful gift than he realized!

And finally, I love popcorn, and now that my GI problems have cleared up, I can eat it all the time. So he got me an air popcorn popper. I've used it twice already ...

We spent Saturday just hanging out. Got brunch and then dinner at some local places we frequent. Spent a lot of time just relaxing, watching TV and playing video games.

Sunday, I slept in and did nothing, and then we went to his parents' house for dinner. We watched The Conspirator; I honestly thought it was boring and not very well paced.

Anyway, now it's Monday and today sucks. Had to be up early for a doctor's appointment, and when I got to work, I discovered my experiment MAY have worked ... but the incubator tray had dried out, so my samples dried out. OH GOOD.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Had a confusing weekend. I was supposed to visit my parents, but my mother for some reason really did not want me home. She had kept mentioning it a few times so I ended up not going. Saw Thor with FI and his best friend. It was awesome. Spent a lot of the weekend curled up with movies and a jigsaw puzzle. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @TwoDimes - I'm so sorry to hear about your BF's dad.  How is he feeling now?  Also, it really sucks that you guys got caught in the stadium.  I was thinking about all those fans and how uncomfortable they had to be.

@LivLeighton - You are your BF look so cute!  I'm glad you had a great Anniversary weekend.

• @TwoDimes - What a terrible weekend! I hope your BF's dad is feeling better.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013

@TwoDimes I'm glad your BF's dad is doing better. That whole experience sounds absolutely horrible and exhausting! I hope he continues to recover quickly and you and your BF get a good night's rest tonight!

ETA: Also thanks @cu97tiger and @LivLeighton . I just feel so sad for her right now. We're making plans to meet up tomorrow. I think I'll go and try to find a card for her today so I can just write her a letter expressing my support for her. I've had a few other friends experience m/c before but this one hits a little closer to home because we've been such close friends for a long time. She's had a lot of craziness and downers in her life recently and this was a really big positive thing for her up until this weekend when it happened.

• @LivLeighton, that's so cute that you guys got the same card. What's the odds for that happening? 

@TwoDimes, I'm glad he's doing better! Sounds like a really stressful weekend. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @LivLeighton - Sounds like you had an awesome anniversary weekend!

My weekend was alright. My time with BF got cut short when I got an e-mail Saturday afternoon saying I was getting a new roommate - on Sunday. So I had to leave BF's place to get back to my apartment and make sure it's clean for this person to move in. I'm really annoyed I only got 24 hours notice. But I did have a LOTR marathon which was awesome for me. It made me want to re-read the books but I left my Kindle at BF's place because I was in such a hurry to leave :(

• @lmhollister I'm also very sorry to hear about your friend's loss.  A miscarriage is always devistating.  I think just letting her talk about it would be helpful...so many people just never talk about it and don't feel like they can grieve.  Sadly, almost every woman I'm close with who has had babies has had a miscarriage...all I could do was be a shoulder to cry on. 
  • just found out my ILs will be here for almost a week during Thanksgiving...  DEEP BREATHS.
  • I'll be praying for you @CocoBellaF

• @CocoBellaF - Will they be staying with you?  A week can be a bit rough.  Then again, my ILs stay for like 2 weeks when they come (they have a long way to travel to get here).  Thankfully, they are so helpful that it is almost like having a vacation when they visit.
  • We had a pretty relaxing weekend. I got totally caught up in Divergent and finished the book yesterday (I'd started it Friday). SO GOOD! I'm already on to Insurgent this morning, so thanks for the recommendation gals!

H and I went to see Last Vegas Yesterday - he was sick of my doing nothing but reading! It was pretty funny. Good for a laugh. Then we watched the Bronco's kick some KC butt last night! So much for their undefeated record!!!

• @minskat30 - they will be staying with us.  I usually need a therapeutic week off after spending a few days with them!  each time it gets a little easier, as I know more what to expect (and H is pretty good about letting me have 30-45 minutes by myself soaking in the tub or something). 

H always looks forward to seeing his family but after 48 hours, he's ready for them to leave.  so it'll be a long week.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards