Ohio-Columbus

Flowerman (or other alternatives)

Hi everyone!

I'm starting the process of planning my budget and I'd love to get your feedback on pricing. How much did you pay for flowers/are you going to pay for flowers?

I need my bouquet, 4 bridesmaids bouquets, 2 mother corsages, 7 boutinierres, and also arrangements for the reception (probably around 12 - nothing fancy!).

If you have any recommendations for inexpensive floral companies, or if you used flowerman, I'd love your feedback! Wedding planning is stressful. Lol.

Re: Flowerman (or other alternatives)

• Be sure to check with Madison House Designs in Marysville (Lynette will meet you in Dublin for a consultation if that is more convenient for you).

Her quote came in at about the same price as Flowerman, but her quote INCLUDED, delivery and labor.  To get the lower price at Flowerman I would have had to do the DIY option and it just wasn't worth the hassle to me.

My quote was $760 for one bridal bouquet, 1 MOH, 4 bouts, two wrist corsages and 10  centerpieces (including vase rentals). 

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • That's pretty sweet, AprilH81. I definitely will check her out. Thank you!

• Check with the Kroger at German village. I got 2 10inch bridal bouquets, 2 boutineers and baby's breathe for 20 table centerpieces for less than the cheapest quote for 1 bouquet ~ for real!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• @photokitty, do they normally do wedding stuff at Kroger?  I really just need baby's breathe for our centerpieces as well and That kroger is right across the street from my place and our wedding reception!

• They don't do a ton of weddings, but two of the people in the floral dept there grew up working at their family owned floral shops and do great work. They will order the baby's breathe in bulk for you. You don't have to order anything else from them. It was less than $5 per bunch for the million star baby's breathe vs $1.75 per STEM that Flowerman quoted me for DIY. They also helped me decide how much to get, I wanted to order WAY more, but they were right and we still had extra leftover.

If you are super picky about the bouquets you might be better served with a full service place like Flowers on Orchard Lane - I highly recommend them too. But Kroger did a great job for me!

GL! :)

• FYI if you do book the Flowerman in November and pay the deposit before the end of the month you get 50% off. :)
  • Half off the deposit or the total order? If it's the total that's awesome!

• Ahh thank you @photokitty, I am totally doing this! I think I will swing by this weekend and talk to them!

Thanks again!
  • Ahh thank you @photokitty, I am totally doing this! I think I will swing by this weekend and talk to them!

Thanks again!
    cbusbride92714 Awesome, the guy Ken (IRC) is really good. I took a photo in of what I was think and the they came super close. I basically said what colors I wanted and was pretty flexible after that. They incorporated the jewel beads I wanted and everything looked great.

If you're just getting the BB, check out the million star. It's really pretty and I prefer it to the standard. They will order it in bulk and give you a better price than the already fairly cheap bundles they sell normally.
    GL! And have fun! :)

• I am using Connels Maple Lee flowers.  For the same number of bouquets/corsages/boutonnieres and simple loose flowers for about 15 tables, I was quoted a price of under $500.  Of course, depending on your flower type/s, this may change.  (Hydrangeas for me.)  The provide vases for the bouquets as a part of the cost of them, so you can use your bouquets as the flowers for the head table, if you want, or just preserve them nicely if you don't.  They also have packages with some of their most common flowers and from what I remember the rose package was pretty on par with what I was quoted.  There is a $50 deposit to reserve their services for the day, but they also offer free delivery to lots of areas, including outside of Franklin County.  Jill, their wedding florist, was really impressive and had lots of good ideas.
  • Hey thanks everyone for your suggestions! I appreciate your help.

In other news, wedding planning is the worst and I hate it so much. LOL.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards