June 2014 Weddings

It Comes in Waves

The realization that I'm getting married and am willingly changing my life, it comes in waves. Sometimes it just seems like everything is the way it's always been, and it hasn't completely hit me yet. Every once in a while it hits me, like when I bought my dress, and just now when I was signing the contract for the realtor who will help us find our home. We've never lived togeher so, I feel anxious and excited...a hundred things, but June 28 can't get here soon enough. Happy planning guys!!!

Re: It Comes in Waves

• Im definitely ready for June 28... i do feel like you though my feelings comes in waves sometimes im super excited and sometimes im like let this be over with lol... on difference is we have been living together for a few years now lol

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• CheleLynCheleLyn member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    I agree...it does come in waves for me, too. 

It's been a long road for us to get to this point in our lives (aside from being 8th grade crushes), all of this could have happened 22 years ago. I just try to remind myself that the people we were back then aren't who we are now. Some days I get so overwhelmed in a "I can't believe I'm finally marrying him" kind of way and I can't wait for June 21. Some days it doesn't seem like it can get here fast enough. It's been such a long road and he and we have been through so much individually that it's so hard to believe we are finally going to be J&C, husband and wife!

With each contract we've signed, each purchase made, each item received that has been ordered, I know we are one step closer to the rest of our lives.

Planning this wedding, has most definitely been one of the most enjoyable things I've ever done.

Good luck everyone!

edited bc, well...there goes those overwhelming emotions again LOL
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• I feel like with each detail it becomes more and more real.  Our STD's went out last week that made feel even more real.  Especially when we got replies back from family and friends.  It's so exciting.

Anniversary

• melbelleupmelbelleup member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited December 2013
    misstira said:
    Im definitely ready for June 28... i do feel like you though my feelings comes in waves sometimes im super excited and sometimes im like let this be over with lol... on difference is we have been living together for a few years now lol
    This is how I feel too. By time our wedding, we've almost lived together for 2 years. I just want it to end so I can finally be a Mrs. lol

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I hear you on this one! I am getting married on June 27th. I have my STD's but haven't addressed or sent them out yet. Like Misstira, we too, will have been living together for nearly 3 years by the time we get married... so I'm ready to be able to be an official wifey!
  • Lol. We have been together for 8 years and we have been living together for the same amount of time. And I am over excited to be Mrs. and not Ms. Lol. But my wedding day is June 21 and I will be nervous, but I know God got my back on this one. Happy wedding June Brides.
  • Yup! I'm also getting married June 28th and it just started feeling real.... Holy crap less than 6 months away! Im moving away from my family when I get married and it's very exciting/a little scary! :)
  • I want June 28th to hurry up, but then again I'm craaaazy nervous.  I cannot wait to finally be married.  I feel like it's taking forever.  It could also be that I'm too early to some of the planning like menu tastings, bridal shots, purchasing invitations, etc.  All my vendors are telling me, "When it gets closer..."  Super frustrating.  We will also have lived together for 2 years in March and making a relatively big move shortly after the wedding.  So much excitement and it's dragging ass on its way to me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • I know how you feel! By time we get married on June 28, we will have been engaged for a little over 2 years and will be 2 days shy of our 10 year anniversary. We've lived together for 6 years and I'm so ready to be married, plus we're currently living about 8 hours apart due to my work so I know once we get married, we will be back to living together permanently! Our wedding day can't get here quick enough!

I get the coming in waves thing... I'll be fine and slowly planning then I get hit by the I-must-plan-24/7-right-this-instant! and I spend a few days planning like a mad woman. It's fun though and I'm so very excited to be marrying my best friend :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards