Not Engaged Yet

So how was your weekend?


Re: So how was your weekend?

  • Awww, sorry to hear that @CocoBellaF.  My in-laws stay with us when they are here too but they usually can only make the trip once a year (and we can usually only make the trip to them once a year) so it isn't quite the same at all.  I hope you don't get too can always vent away here if you are.  :)
  • @cocobellaf when my parents visit I just lock myself in the bathroom with a bottle of wine. They live three hours away so when they come down for Thanksgiving it's from Wed-Sun and I'm working Wed and Fri so my mom will probably clean/re-organize my house which is super-stressful for me.

     Wedding Countdown Ticker

    image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 - I knoooooow the feeling.  H's family is just all over the place.  I know I've talked about it some, but they are dysfunctional x 1,000,000,000.  but we'll survive and it'll be over before we know it, right?  RIGHT???
  • @cocobellaf it could be worse, they could live with you full-time. Whenever I get super-stressed around my parents, I just think about that, and I feel a lot better.

     Wedding Countdown Ticker

    image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • ShallowSeasShallowSeas Indianapolis, IN member
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    Friday night, the BF and I ate Chinese and put up our Christmas trees...yes, trees as in plural. Since we both had one from before we lived together, he thought it was the greatest idea ever to put both up lol.

    On Saturday, I got new tires for my car, then the BF and I went downtown to walk around and look at the little antique shops. After that we did some Christmas shopping.

    On Sunday, since I live in Indiana, we decided to stay in since there was horrible weather. The wind picked up around 3 pm and continued throughout the night. Luckily, we did not have any storm damage but the tornado sirens went off in the town next to mine. The wind was crazy; I had never seen it so strong.

  • GoldenPenguinGoldenPenguin Upstate NY mod
    Moderator Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its
    @buddysmom80 This is all I have.


    I had a hockey game on Friday night, then went out for a few drinks with some of the girls from work, which was fun.

    Saturday, I went to our big rivalry football game on the other side of town, and WE WON!! I love writing good stories about winning games :) My sports boss told me I didn't have to work the hockey game that night, so BF & I went just to watch (I rarely get to watch games as a spectator, so it was fun.) The hockey game was against our biggest rival (the same team we played football against earlier in the day), and there were like five fights - which are against the rules in college hockey. We had two guys ejected, and the other team had four. By the end of the game, the two teams had combined for 23 penalties for 152 minutes. It was insane.

    Yesterday, BF & I got up and drove out to Cooperstown, and went to the Baseball Hall of Fame and Brewery Ommegang for a tour & tasting. It was gray & rainy, but it was a wonderful day with just the two of us. :)


    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

  • @CocoBellaF, yikes! Just keep up those deep slow breaths and all will be OK. :)

    @bethsmiles, so how's the new roommate? I hope they're awesome.

    @lmhollister, that is so heartbreaking about your friend's miscarriage. :( As long as you're listening to her and acknowledging that this is a huge loss in her life, you are doing everything you need to.

    @TwoDimes, what an unfortunate weekend! :( Hope your BF's dad is well on the way to feeling better.

    @LivLeighton, glad you guys had an awesome weekend! Cute picture of you and B!
  • Hi!

    We had a pretty chill weekend - dinner in and catch up on DVR Friday night. 

    Saturday, FI's dad came to work on his car with FI.  He also brought FI's gma, which was annoying because I was stuck babysitting her for like...8 hours?  I don't mind hanging out with her AT ALL, but I mind when FI's dad just completely ignores her for 8 hours.  I'm not rude enough to ignore her that long, but I wouldn't mind relief occasionally.  I mean, she told me about her hemmorroids!  That's TMI.

    Sunday, FI went golfing and I had to work.  It's a good thing I showed up to work because one of the other girls had to leave to go to the ER for stomach pain and then another guy just didn't show up (he's new too, so this cannot bode well for him...)  Luckily, I was able to stay an extra couple hours and cover them.  Thank you thankyou.

    TOMORROW is our food tasting at our venue and I'm SO psyched!!  We'll be trying beef tenderloin, salmon, and pretzel crusted chicken.  And they each have some weird side of like...crab stuffed shrimp or shrimp scampi, etc.  I feel like I need an extra note on my rsvp cards stating "if you don't tell me you're allergic to shellfish, you're going to die at our wedding."  I don't know of anyone that is (and really, we're only inviting close friends and close family, but...I don't want to kill anyone either)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • This weekend was pretty boring, but I think I needed one of those.

    Friday I just chilled at home and studied and rested. Got sooooo much done - my room is even partially clean, which is AMAZING.

    Saturday I got up at 0430 to drive an hour to clinical. We stayed for exactly an hour and left. No patient care. I am so annoyed with this clinical instructor. She is so nice and sweet, but seriously, I got nowhere near the amount of direct patient care experience that I needed to this semester, and I'm kind of afraid that I'm going to be way behind in terms of skill and comfort level next semester. ERG. Anyway, it ended up being OK in the end, because Mom and I went and started working on adopting a dog, and that was fun, then we went out to lunch where we proceeded to debate about the pros and cons of living with a significant other before marriage. It strangely reminded me of a thread from a few months ago, and it made me want to rip off my own ears. Despite that, we had a mostly good time together. Ended the evening with some studying.

    Sunday, I got together with my best friend, our other good friend, and her cousins, and we went bridesmaid dress shopping! The dresses are the ones I posted in the weekend thread (clicky), but this one was also a contender (clicky). The color is cornflower blue, and we're going to all wear some cream-colored kind of shoe. Then we all went out to lunch, where I had a chocolate milkshake, chicken tenders, and bottomless steak fries. YUM. I was so full and was considering calling the store to change my dress to a size up because holy crap. Anyway. I also had to bite my tongue when I found out a girl we knew from school was in the process of planning her PPD (military groom, courthouse wedding, now having their "official" wedding over a year later), and it was making me mad, so I just sipped my milkshake and shut up. Ended the day with a study and psychotherapy date with a friend from school, and that was awesome.
  • @Amapola14 - PUPPY!  MILKSHAKE!!  I am jealous of your post!
  • @Blue -All those selections sound so good!! One of FI's groomsmen is allergic to shellfish and so is one of my bridesmaids lol. So no shellfish lol. We should have just been like..."eat at your own risk" on the invitation lol, just kidding. We do have some picky eaters attending the wedding though, especially FI's little brother who only eats chicken fingers and waffles.
  • My weekend was great.  It was filled with DH snuggles, wine, Starbucks beverages, and good times with @Suzie211 and Mr. Suzie over bananas foster.

    There were several times this weekend where I thought about how much I love DH...and my heart just melted.
  • FoxandBunnyFoxandBunny Alabama member
    100 Comments 100 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    My weekend was ok. 

    Friday I had plans to go shopping with one of my friends, but it turned into a huge ordeal (totally not her fault though). She is a nanny, and one of the kids was sick and left at home alone even though she's only in the 4th grade, and then another one of the kids had to get checked out of school, so we ended up driving all over the place to do all of that stuff. She felt really bad about it, but there was nothing she could have done. 

    BF picked me up from visiting with my friend and we went ring shopping! It was so much and so interesting. It was more of a finding out what I liked so he could pick something out at a much later date than a buy something now, and it gave us a good idea of budget and style and such things. We then had a huge debacle about dinner where I may have gone a little crazy (I blame PMS). I made it a much bigger deal than it needed to be, but it turned out fine.

    Saturday was so busy. It was my college's homecoming, and since I'm on the color guard, I had a ton of stuff I had to do. We had the homecoming parade as well as all the pregame stuff on the quad and all the game stuff. My parents came to watch so that was nice. I didn't get to spend nearly enough time with them though. The game was super exciting. We were playing a really great team and it was an awesome game. We won 17-14 in overtime when the other team's field goal kick hit the upright. If they had won, they would have won the division, but now if we win next week (which we should) then we will the division. It was a super exciting and stressful game. I then went to BF's house and got to see the last 5 or so minutes of the Auburn-Georgia game BF's family are huge Auburn fans. HUGE. I'm not kidding. His dad has Auburn fins on the top of his truck, one for every win. It's an impressive sight. But I saw the game-winning catch and everything. I have to say though, two stressful football games within the span of an hour is not good for one's nerves. 

    Sunday was a procrastinating day. I was supposed to be doing homework all day, but I played around online instead. That lead to me reading a book, writing a book report and studying for a test I had today all after 8 p.m. I don't recommend that to anyone. I was up until after 3, and I didn't study nearly enough. 

    So all in all it was an ok weekend. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

  • bethsmilesbethsmiles Denver, CO member
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    @Amapola14 - She seems alright. She went to bed at like 8 last night which I thought was kinda weird but that's probably because I don't go to bed until like 1 or 2 in the morning most nights.

  • @bethsmiles, am I your new roommate? Lol, I loooove 8 o'clock bedtime! Maybe she was just sleepy from travel and moving and stuff.
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles Denver, CO member
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    @Amapola14 - I don't think I could fall asleep at 8 if I tried!! I'm awful about going to bed at a reasonable hour.

  • My weekend wasn't long enough!

    Friday night I sat around on the couch and snuggled the puppy.

    Saturday, Bean had a lesson and he rode so freaking beautifully. I'm still kicking myself for not taking pics or video. He annouced his two riding goals:

    1) to be the youngest rider to contest the Puissance at WIHS

    2) to beat McLain Ward in a grand prix class

    I think those are good healthy goals. You could see the determination on his face the whole ride. He's been working with a green pony the last few months and they've had their share of bumps in the road. But Saturday was just spot on. I almost cried.

    On Sunday I met my sister, her BF, and my neice at a local consignment sale. I got a ton of baby clothes and a stroller in pretty good condition (only flaw is a small section of foam on the handle is missing) all for $125. Considering a stroller alone would cost me that, or more, I say it was a good haul. I even had enough to buy Bean some Yu Gi Oh cards.

    Sunday night, we went to dinner at the same sister's house. She made this amazing Thai Peanut/Coconut/Curry Chicken & Veggies over rice. I make a similar recipe and hers was far better than mine. So now I have to revamp my recipe. As soon as she gives me hers, I'll share with anyone who wants it. I really could have eaten it all day. Then we played some quiz game on her BFs iPad where you can challenge folks all around the world. We earned him the 'Lemon Award' for losing 5 rounds in a row. LOL But we beat a teeny bopper on the Dinosaur category...thanks to Bean, our resident Paleontologist. :)

    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

  • kaitlynmichellekaitlynmichelle British Columbia member
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its 1000 Comments Name Dropper
    I worked all weekend. Saturday I worked at a race doing registration and Sunday just my regular work. Finishing up a hat I'm knitting currently but otherwise I didn't do too much!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @livleighton exactly my thoughts. I want people to be able to eat my food! I'm gonna ask today about alternative sides and then put like "steak and crab stuffed shrimp" as the food choice with a note to let me know about food restrictions/allergies. I feel like putting "shrimp" somewhere on the card will get a more accurate response. We also need at least a gluten free option so we have lots of questions :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • thejucheideathejucheidea East Nashville, Tennessee member
    Tenth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer

    I planned our whole honeymoon, yaaaaaaay~

    I also bought the first plane ticket for the honeymoon today. Only four more flight and two train purchases to go, haha.

  • Man - those storms this weekend were SCARY! 

    I ended up getting a new computer on Saturday, since, you know, someone maybe spilled coffee on my laptop a year or so ago and has been just working with it since.  Maybe.  And then my cousin's family came over, so I got to give my godson his Lego Star Wars advent calendar (to say he was excited is an understatement)

    And then Sunday, I got to work all day when I wasn't watching the storm reports on the news.

    It's amazing how busy everything has gotten so quickly!

    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards