Wedding Reception Forum

Photo booth Timing?

Hello everyone!  We are having a photo booth at our reception.  It is a four hour rental, and I can set the start time.  Our cocktail hour I believe will start at 5 or 5:30.  We don't have times set in stone yet. My question is, does it make more sense to have the photo booth available during cocktail hour and then I would "lose" an hour or so of time during dinner (they would still run the booth but wouldn't actively try and draw people to it) or have it start after dinner, say 7?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photo booth Timing?

• Is it possible they would compromise with you?  My daughter had her photo booth open during cocktail hour.  The vendor then "closed" for some of the dinner hour so she could enjoy a meal herself.  She reopened the photo booth shortly after dinner ended.  It helped to extend the time guests could use it without interrupting dinner.

Many of the guests may not use it immediately upon arrival to the cocktail hour.  They will be busy greeting each other, and "settling in" for the evening.  And many guests may prefer to wait until they have had a beverage or two before participating in photo booth fun.  It your vendor won't let you stretch out your dinner hour time, I would wait until shortly after the dinner hour.
  • Hello everyone!  We are having a photo booth at our reception.  It is a four hour rental, and I can set the start time.  Our cocktail hour I believe will start at 5 or 5:30.  We don't have times set in stone yet. My question is, does it make more sense to have the photo booth available during cocktail hour and then I would "lose" an hour or so of time during dinner (they would still run the booth but wouldn't actively try and draw people to it) or have it start after dinner, say 7?

I'd have the photobooth during the reception.  I LOVE cocktail hour and would be too busy eating and drinking and socializing to even want to go to the photobooth.
  • Thanks guys I really appreciate the input! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had a photobooth and had it open during cocktail hour. That's when a lot of people used it. I'd definitely have it open during cocktail hour if you can. 
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards