Wedding Party
Options

Completly Alone

2»

Re: Completly Alone

• Options
    I'm terribly sorry that the people you thought would want to stand up for you are letting you down. That has got to be disappointing. And clearly moving your entire wedding at this point is impossible, since most of the guests have probably already made all of their travel plans/reservations.
    That being said, have you thought to just not have any wedding party. You originally were just going to be the two of you standing up there, getting married, can you go back to that idea?
    I hope that things begin to go better for you and that you actually start to enjoy this process. Hugs!
  • Options

The way I see it all, the OP came on in a very emotional state.  The lack of paragraphs made her post even harder to understand which, once pointed out, made her even more upset.  I think despite a few snarks here and there everyone gave some good advice.  I don't care for being called immature, and the attack about responding over weekend nights was WAY out of line.

As the posts go on I have one basic question for the OP?  If at first you wanted to elope, and then your FI chose St. Maaretn, and then without you saying a word about reception people started booking flights/hotels, why didn't you just speak up?  You seem to have no trouble talking to us here but it seems throughout your posts that you let your FI and his family steamroll your plans!!!

If your family can't attend the wedding but you want them to that is a problem!  Also the fact that you just went with the wedding is a red falg too.  If you cared so much you should have said so.  If your FI is so great and wonderful he should have offered to compromise. 

At this point I think you should cancel the wedding.  Take some time off and think about your relationship.  I think you should call all of your BM's and explain to them what happened and try to work out your friendships with them. You may be able to save those. 

Also I would suggest some time with just you and your FI.  You need to set goals that you both agree to.  Once everything is worked out, and you are ready to try again, I would plan the wedding you both want.  I know it would suck to have to back out now, but I just don't see this relationship going in a good direction if you are already "heartbroken" over a wedding that hasn't even occured yet. 

Look I am sorry you are going throught this, and it sucks to feel so alone.  But your FI should be a little more willing to compromise.

• Options
    niki&rob said:
    mysticl said:

Wow Im so glad I looked to other brides for support.... Im so happy your wedding planning and relationships are going so perfect for you... Which Im sure its not or you wouldn't be responding to this on a Friday night!!! Ps. My grammar and spelling are just fine thank you. Again the larger part of you aren't really getting my point. My complaint has nothing really to do with how many people are attending my wedding. As for adding and replacing people, I have not done that and reread the people I truly care about CANT be there. Again this is NOT about that..... Had I of know I would be attacked I would never of posted here, apparently most of you here are perfect. News flash I am a wedding coordinator and you are far from it... 

Then what is your complaint, what is it about?  The way you wrote your post makes it sound like you are devastated that none of your friends or family can be there, which I totally understand.  It also sounds like you keep replacing bridesmaids.  This is where things like paragraphs and grammar come into play.  So that we can understand what you are trying to say.   

The dig about being home on friday night was uncalled for.  My husband is in the military so I have spent many a friday night at home while he was working.  It had nothing to do with the strength of our relationship.  Not to mention you were responding on a Friday night too so by your logic that means your relationship is in trouble.  Y
    You are rude! Grow up little girl, your reading comprehension must be at grade 8 for you to twist the words the way you did. Why don't you join teen bride forums
    Actually I'm 38 and have a college degree as well as excellent reading comprehension skills.  If you insult someone for doing the exact same thing you are doing (i.e. posting on an internet forum on a Friday night) then the insult applies equally to you.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Why is it that whenever someone suggests talking to her FI, working out a compromise, or asks why she hasn't spoken up for what she wants, the OP ignores the question and focuses on the perceived 'attacks'?  I think this is a reasonable suggestion, that he should want to work out a compromise so that his bride's family can attend the wedding, but the OP doesn't seem to want to address it.
  • Options

I am sorry you feel so hurt and alone.  I know I often get jealous of the picture painted by things like Sex and the City of girlfriends who brunch weekly and would show up that day with magazines and a bottle of wine.  I do LOVE my BMs (and, yes, they'd help with the body), but that's just not me/them.  I know i'd be heartbroken if one suddenly backed out, not to mention if they all did....even if part of me understood why, i'd still feel sad. 

I'm guessing it is too late to move the wedding.  I'd have a talk with FI about what the wedding looks like and whether it truly fits you both.  Then do what you can to make it match your desires...which it sounds like may be more along the lines of you, FI, and a lovely sunset. 

Call the 2 current BMs and invite them out to lunch, just to hang out a bit and get to know each other better (I'm not clear on whether you are close or whether they are really just there for FI).  Call some of the ladies who can't make it to the wedding and see if they'd be up for a girls night.  Hopefully those things will just help heal your heart a bit.  And remember that each wedding is unique...yours may be different from the vision you had as a little girl, but all that really matters is that you are uniting with the partner you love.....that doesn't mean other stuff can't hurt, but try to focus on that ultimate point of the whole process

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards