Not Engaged Yet

Getting through this week...

KateJ16KateJ16 member
5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited November 2013 in Not Engaged Yet
So I've mentioned a couple times in the past few days, but the end of last week and this week and next week are all INSANE for me.  Work has gone nuts, and someone who is SUPPOSED to be doing the work on a report for a massive study I'm on is kinda half-assing it, leaving me to pick up all the slack (and format it to make it acceptable to our anal client).

With that said - putting thing in here that are making me giggle to get through this crappy stressed out time.

Like this:
Puppy can't get up

Or this story:  CLICKY

Or this "barking" kitten who can't walk in a straight line: cuteness

ETA: I forgot this one - made me tear up a little! 

How is everyone else holding up?  Any other funny gifs, videos, stories to help get through the week??

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Getting through this week...

• It's Wednesday, so that's my motivation for not going crazy here at work.

Also, it's crazy busy here before the holidays (the university we're affiliated with is closed for like 3 weeks during the holidays) so everyone is getting all the surgeries done now, but it's not too too crazy (yet).

Wine also helps.

I have no useful gifs.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 wine definitely does help.  As does cider.  Especially blueberry cider. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Blueberry cider sounds amazing as long as it's alcoholic. The other day here at work, it was so crazy that I was reading something online and there was an ad for Budweiser cranberryrita or something and I go "boy that looks good right about now" where fancy-drinks buddy would be more like "wtf is that CRAP?"

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @buddysmom80 you bet it's alcoholic... the only time to drink non-alcoholic cider is at an apple farm, and even then it's debatable.  And I will say that Bud's Lime-a-rita (I got the plain lime) was surprisingly good.

@brisox81 - I wish I could right now!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is how I felt after four or five Lime-a-Ritas.

*******************************************************************************************

• @brisox81 if that's the case I'm buying some ASAP. I want to be a kid again crushing cans and shit.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • KateJ16KateJ16 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    I think I'm more like this:
    drunk (775) Animated Gif on Giphy

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sometimes alcohol gives me super strength. 

• See, I just end up thinking things like this are a good idea. (And yes, I have pictures to prove it)

funny (14368) Animated Gif on Giphy

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2013

This week was supposed to be great as it was my birthday yesterday.  H made yesterday lovely....flowers, a nice dinner, a gluten free cake special ordered and a crazy nice diamond encrusted bangle.  But then I checked my email at 11 pm and found a bunch of work shit... some of which made me cry and some of which caused a panic attack.  So yeah, I can't wait for this week (and this year, honestly) to be over.  Other than getting married this year, 2013 has been rough.  Your GIFs make me laugh though. 

• I'm going to pick up some wine and booze tonight for the next few days and to stock up for thanksgiving.  FI & I are hosting my family it's our first Thanksgiving.  So excited but I have a lot of cleaning to do, food to buy and things to prep.  I also have a pretty busy weekend coming up with all sort of wedding related things.  I'm trying to take it one day at a time. 

If anyone tries the cranberry lime-a-rita let me know.  They sounded pretty good.

Anniversary

• @minskat30 I'm so sorry - I have 100% been there, I know how you feel.  Until very recently, my work stuff brought me to tears at least once every other month.  Is this something that will pass and is just crazy time-of-year stuff?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks @KateJ16 - No, it doesn't really pass.  This is going to be the next 1-2 years (with some ebb and flow) unfortunately until I get a hang of a new department and a steep learning curve.  Thank God for H, who has been super supportive, and that I can vent to you ladies here.
  • Did anyone else watch Happy Endings when it was on?  I feel like we need a virtual wine party, where we all sit around face-timing each other or video chatting or something. (In that show there was a table of "virtual guests" at a wedding where they were all on computer screens that were facing each other).

I don't think it's possible, but it would still be neat :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KateJ16 said:
    Did anyone else watch Happy Endings when it was on?  I feel like we need a virtual wine party, where we all sit around face-timing each other or video chatting or something. (In that show there was a table of "virtual guests" at a wedding where they were all on computer screens that were facing each other).

@swazzle and I FaceTime for every episode of Pretty Little Liars. Sometimes @sakalicious joins us too. And there's ALWAYS wine. 

• I am in favor of a virtual wine party. I am worried I will not make it through this semester. Haven't had an experiment work since like ... June.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • KateJ16 said:
    Did anyone else watch Happy Endings when it was on?  I feel like we need a virtual wine party, where we all sit around face-timing each other or video chatting or something. (In that show there was a table of "virtual guests" at a wedding where they were all on computer screens that were facing each other).

@swazzle and I FaceTime for every episode of Pretty Little Liars. Sometimes @sakalicious joins us too. And there's ALWAYS wine.

We need to do this again soon, even without PLL.  It's like therapy with wine.
  • I'm going to totally invite myself to the @BriSox81, @sakalicious, and @swazzle wine party. 

I had a nasty stomach bug yesterday (THANKS PRESCHOOL!) and I'm still a little gun shy around any food/drink that's a little heavy. Like the pino noir in my kitchen.

It's Wednesday. And I have a meeting with friends tomorrow. And my goddaughter may be coming this weekend. Deep breaths and it will all be over!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Today was insane...at least this morning I had a nice relaxing time until about 9:30 when I left the apartment and I was running around the whole state of Georgia the entire day. We got a lot done though I feel good : )
  • Today was insane...at least this morning I had a nice relaxing time until about 9:30 when I left the apartment and I was running around the whole state of Georgia the entire day. We got a lot done though I feel good : )
    You TOTALLY have something to get you through the week though. imageimageimage

--------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @southernpeach89 I have a feeling your next few days will be nuts. Awesome but nuts.

@andrewuh and others I can barely find time to FaceTime my BFF. How do you guys find time? Truth be told it is totally her fault. I would be available normally haha. Just not with wine. Though I did taste wines for our wedding yesterday I am still hesitant with weird food and alcohol going into my oh so stupid tummy :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @audrewuh Yesssssss +1000 points for the Friends gif
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards