Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Wedding Party and Bride/Groom entrance songs!!!!

I am in desperate need of help with entrance songs...I cannot find one for our wedding party and I have looked everywhere....We want something that is really upbeat and really gets the party started...I was kind of stuck on The Final Countdown but I have no idea...As for our song, we liked Stevie Wonder's "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" but I just don't know...We are completely stuck!!!!

Re: Wedding Party and Bride/Groom entrance songs!!!!

• For our entry song for the reception we did make this a night to remember by shalamar ! I'm not sure if you mean for wedding or reception.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • For the reception sorry...
  • We are thinking about using "I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends" by the Beatles.  I think that it is upbeat and most everybody likes the Beatles!
  • We used "You Make My Dreams" by Hall and Oates for everyone (parents, bridal party, and my husband and I). It was just long enough (we had 9 couples walking out), and our guests were singing and clapping along with the song, which was awesome.
  • Some friends used Boogie Shoes by KC & the Sunshine Band and the wedding party all came out dancing differently. It's upbeat and fairly short (and has plenty of places where it can be cut down even more if needed).
  • Our reception entrance song is going to be AC/DC-Highway to Hell (everyone will be walking in to that song).

• Jet-Are you gonna be my girl
  • from the posts on here, looks like it's all classical taste...for the parents/grandparents, we used U2's Beautiful Day and for the bridal party we used Jagged Edge's "let's get married (remix)"...which is urban..
  • My FI suggested  Born to be Wild...not sure if he was serious or joking, but thats totally what we're going to use!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well I have decided to surprise my fiancee and use the Imperial March for our entrance (he LOVES star wars) but I am still undecided on the bridal party entrance....
  • We are using Kashmir by Led Zepplin as our grand entrance. I can't wait to see the looks on people's faces!
  • I want to do something people will remember but not say Oh my what were they thinking....
  • Kelly8806 said:
    I want to do something people will remember but not say Oh my what were they thinking....
    I wouldn't worry about it too much.  I don't remember any entrance songs from previous weddings.  Now the food on the other hand.....that's what I'll remember.  :D
  • We're using Boogie Shoes too. 

For my first wedding, we used Crazy in Love by Beyonce & Jay Z. 
  • I have finally figured out the songs...Thank god...we only have 12 days left. I chose Imperial March to surprise my fiance with and we both decided on Ghostbusters for the bridal party...Our wedding is 5 days from halloween and we both love the movie so I thought it would be awesome :)
  • jump van halen when we enter i was thinking here for the party for my huge bridal party but some of the lyrics are a little iffy. no clue for my parents his mom my grandmother not sure what i want to do 
  • We are playing Mardi Gras music.... I know that's no help to you! Sorry!
  • We're being introduced to I Believe in a Thing Called Love by The Darkness.
     Visit The Knot!                                           image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FI is a huge Boston sports fan so I'm thinking of talking to the DJ to mix all 5 sports songs finishing with Welcome to the Jungle (Celtics.) For the bridal party, I was thinking "Let's go Crazy" Prince, there's a new song that I don't know the name of but some of the lines are "Don't stop the party, yea-e-yea" Its a fun upbeat song. There's so many choices. I'm stuck on what we're going to walk out with after the ceremony.
  • We're doing 'Crazy in Love' by Queen Bey.  
  • jump by van halen we want something very upbeat since we are having a 7pm reception 
  • thats genius!

• I'm leaning towards "Feel this moment" as the bridal party entrance song- not sure FI will go for that, he's got more diverse taste in music than I do! ;) I really really really want us to come in to Teach me how to Dougie though....it's a dance he's known for doing! 
  • Wedding party will come out to : your still the one by shania twain and I'll come out to : I do cherish you by 98 degress. And we will walk back out to an EDM song since that's what we both are really into
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • emilyb213 said:
    We used "You Make My Dreams" by Hall and Oates for everyone (parents, bridal party, and my husband and I). It was just long enough (we had 9 couples walking out), and our guests were singing and clapping along with the song, which was awesome.
    This is what we are using too! My Fiance- who really does not like much older American music at all- is a huge Hall and Oates fan for some reason.
  • On a related note... how much of the selected song is generally played??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • auriannaaurianna member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    We had The Rembrandts "I'll Be There For You" aka the "Friends" themesong for our bridal party entrance (it worked particularly  well for us since two of my BMs and I bonded over the show, one in high school, one in college).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards