Wedding Etiquette Forum

****Proper wording for thank you note to boss for TWO generous gifts?????

sweeksysweeksy member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited November 2013 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
My boss and his wife (who were invited and attended our wedding) gave us two VERY nice gifts ~ a Keurig and all the accessories we registered for to go with it and a very generous check.  I'm struggling with the wording of the thank you note to incorporate both gifts.  Any suggestions out there?  Thank you!

Re: ****Proper wording for thank you note to boss for TWO generous gifts?????

• Just sincerely thank them for both gifts.  It doesn't need a canned response.  Make it conversational, yet heartfelt, and they will appreciate it,
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • scribe95 said:
    Yeah, I don't get the problem. Just say thank you. Mention using the Keurig etc.
    Haha, great advice/help.....NOT! Duh...was just reaching out for a little inspiration on getting started on the wording of the note.  
  • I don't get the problem, either. John and Jane, thank you so much for.....
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • sweeksy said:
    scribe95 said:
    Yeah, I don't get the problem. Just say thank you. Mention using the Keurig etc.
    Haha, great advice/help.....NOT! Duh...was just reaching out for a little inspiration on getting started on the wording of the note.  
    I was thinking of wording until you came back with your sassy pants on. Next time you ASK for help, just read the responses and keep it moving. 

PS- it really isn't that hard. 
  • No one is going to write your thank you note for you, it has to be genuine and come from you. But to give you some ideas: say how much you appreciate their generous gift and you look forward to using it on the honeymoon (or whatever you plan to do with it) and that you are looking forward to using the Keurig. Husband loves hot chocolate and you love the hazelnut coffee(or whatever they bought you). Then thank them again for coming to the wedding. 

• Seriously? This is not a problem. Just write it like you would any other thank you but mention both gifts.

"Thank you for the Keurig and your generous check. The Keurig will certainly make our mornings more pleasant and your generosity will help us do BLANK." 

Whew, that was tricky. Took me a whole two seconds to write that masterpiece. 
  • sweeksy said:
    scribe95 said:
    Is this your first time writing a thank you note?  
  • I had a similar issue that I don't know how to handle - my boss gave me a gift 1 month prior to my wedding that he did not attend. I sent a proper thank you note immediately. Then, he contributed to a group cash gift that was given to me at my wedding. Do you send a TYN twice to the same person? Do I go out and buy a new type of TYN so that I do not send him another written note on the same exact stationary?
  • I had a similar issue that I don't know how to handle - my boss gave me a gift 1 month prior to my wedding that he did not attend. I sent a proper thank you note immediately. Then, he contributed to a group cash gift that was given to me at my wedding. Do you send a TYN twice to the same person? Do I go out and buy a new type of TYN so that I do not send him another written note on the same exact stationary?

Send him and every coworker a thank you note. Stationery doesn't matter.
  • How very generous! But that doesn't make the thank you note much different from any other note.

"Dear Supervisor and Wife, Thank you very much for your generous gifts! We have already put the Keurig in our kitchen and are looking forward to many cups of delicious coffee. The check was also much appreciated. We will use the money for a decorative birdhouse we've always wanted. It was wonderful to see you at the wedding." Something along those lines.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Wow, everyone is so quick to get their panties in a twist on this board. You can all dish it our, but you certainly can't take it!

How about

Dear __ &__

We are so happy you could come to our wedding.  (My husband) & I were so overwelhmed by your generous gifts. Our Kruig has been a lovely addition to the kicthen, and I can assure you, is enjoyed to its fullest extent every morning, when it is most need. As for your other un expectedly , yet equally generous gift, thank you, we are planning on ______________
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards