Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Venue Suggestions needed

Hoping for some help with venue recommendations.

I was just crushed after doing the math and realizing that our dream venue, the beach resort at Winstead Inn, will be way above budget with all the different vendors. Our other top choices based on research are the Nauticus Marina, Overbrook House and Chequesset Yacht Club. Any other brides out there who can advise on budgets needed for these venues?

Or, we are completely open to other suggestions! So far, we haven't been a fan of getting married at any hotel or restaurant-like places, although we are totally open!

Thanks in advance :)

Re: Venue Suggestions needed

• Options
    Hi DressGirl -

What is your guest list and what is your budget? That might be a good starting point for us :) 
  • Options
    Trying to stay in the $20-25k range and likely will be around 125-150 guests. Thank you :)
  • Options
    The Chequesset has different packages depending on the size of your wedding and how many hours you would need to rent , probably between $5000-$8000. I spoke with Tia 
    (events@cycc.net) not sure if she's still there but she would be able to help! I believe some of this 
    included tables, chairs, etc.

For the Overbrook House - you need to rent it on a weekly basis, so not sure if that's something you wanted to take on
    (we didn't). For the 2014 season, I was quoted about $6800-$7000 per week. 

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!

• Options
    Chequesset is gorgeous, we had our rehearsal there. I was married at the Orleans Inn which was way more affordable than my dream of being married at Wychmere. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
    Visit CapeCod.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks for all responses so far. Any other last minute thoughts/suggestions? Leaning toward Chequesset or Dennis Inn (even though wish it was on the water).
  • Options
    Not on the cape but Atlantica in Cohasset has so far had the most beautiful view of any of the venues I have looked at.  The location is hands down the best I have seen so far - haven't been to many venues yet but they are right on the harbor with a beautiful dock. The view really is stunning.  I haven't looked at Chequesset or Dennis Inn so I cannot compare but if you are open to looking in the south shore/not on the cape I would definitely check it out. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards