Not Engaged Yet

Because it's Friday...

Re: Because it's Friday...

• Is it time for me to go home yet????????

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • it has felt like Friday for 3 days now.  LONGEST FRIDAY EVER, I'm so glad it's here!  all we're going to do tonight is eat at our favorite Mexican place, thaw out from the cold at my favorite coffee place, and probably do adult things with the fire going in the fireplace under the pretense of watching a Christmas movie.  we got all our groceries last night (with two ice systems moving through this weekend, we decided to split up and go last night before everything got bought out.  I saw women buying 5 or 6 loaves of bread.  I MEAN, COME ON PEOPLE.)
  • @cocabellaf next time there's a potential snow storm out here, I'll take a picture of the grocery store for you to see the freaking MADNESS that goes on here. It's crazy/entertaining.

Actually, I don't want to talk about taking those pictures, because that would mean it's going to snow here. I hate snow.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I'm ready for the weekend! It will be a tiring one.  I have two floral appointments on Saturday and going flower girl dress shopping on Sunday.  I also have lots of cleaning to do to get ready for hosting thanksgiving. I also need to find carmel vodka the two liquor stores near me didn't have it.  I think this day will go quickly it better I have so much to do.  Does anyone else have anything good going on?

Anniversary

• the lines were actually wrapped around the store.  it was a war zone.  glad that's over!  I love getting snow, if it's going to be cold it might as well snow...  even better if we get a snow day!!  haven't had one since we got married.
  • @peaseblossom55 other than Saturday, my whole weekend is cleaning/preparing for my parent's arrival Wednesday. I haven't really deep-cleaned the house since I got sick, now that I have the energy to get stuff done, I'm going to deep clean a few rooms tonight, finish setting up the guest bedroom and hopefully a few on Sunday (depending on how hungover I am). Worse-case scenario I just have to stay up late Monday and Tuesday to clean, but I think I'll be in good shape.

Also my dad sent me an email telling me that anything important should be placed on higher ground since their puppy is chewing everything. I keep telling BF to move his Xbox, he hasn't listened, and I don't want to hear about it when the dog destroys it.

@cocobellaf our grocery stores aren't THAT bad, maybe because by the time I get there, there's nothing left in the stores. The liquor store on the other hand, a few years ago, there was a line out the door. Priorities, priorities.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Yay for Friday! I actually spent all day yesterday thinking it was Wednesday. When I got home and H said he was so excited tomorrow was Friday I didn't believe him. I literally had to check the calendar on my phone because I was so confused. Happy surprise!

Tomorrow I'm going to see the newest Hunger Games movie with some girlfriends. I can hardly wait! Sunday H and I are going to have a quiet day around the house...we've been pretty busy lately so we'll take it while we can get it!

• My excitement for the weekend is going to see Catching Fire with Bean tonight! Gotta love mommy/Bean date nights!

Tommorrow is a typical barn day and we're getting our hand-me-down, super gorgeous crib from one of our barn mates! Super stoked about that. I think I've come up with the final paint/decoration plans for the nursery. I just need a few more things that I'm hoping I can find at Salvation Army or some other thrift store. HERE is my inspiration room, if anyone's interested.

Sunday we have zero plans, but I'm thinking about going to get my hair cut as my split ends are atrocious. If not, I will be vegging all day on the couch.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @beanbot2002 are you sticking with the colors in that inspiration picture? If so, your nursery and my living room are going to be the exact same (I love grey and turquoise together!).

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @beanbot2002, I am ALWAYS interested in nursery stuff!!  we plan to do our nursery in foxes (we both have a small obsession with foxes).  I have a secret baby board on Pinterest, mainly so people don't give me a hard time when I see something I want to pin.  next year might be our year!!
  • PS @beanbot2002 - I have a good friend who did her nursery (for a little boy) in a similar palette!!  she had a bunch of the cutest DIY because they were on a budget, maybe I can share some pictures for more inspiration?!
  • @buddysmom80 Pretty much. Pops of light blue and navy blue.

@coccobellaf I WANNA SEE YOUR SECRET BOARD! lol And yes! More pictures more pictures!!

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• If I don't leave work before 7 for the entire week, I am going to cry.  I am already so damn cranky today - for some reason everyone seems to be in downtown Chicago, so traffic was ridiculous slow, Starbucks was full of kids in addition to the normal people, and all I want is a donut.

Sigh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @KateJ16 - the Mag Mile Mickey Mouse parade/ light the lights thing is this weekend. So I'm sure plenty of people are here for that. Craziness. I'll be staying far away from downtown this weekend.
  • It had damn well better be Friday!!

I have to work this weekend ... both days ... again. I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving, it will be the first day in over a month I won't have to go in to the office. Otherwise BF and I have gaming tonight, so I'll have lots of time to work on the blue variant of the Doctor Who scarf, and maybe I can work on my scarf and hat in the Norwegian Snowflake pattern. And I have to clean. And put up my Christmas tree because my mom is coming to town on Monday and wants to see it.

Can you tell I'm really not in the mood to do any of this?
  • After being harassed by my boss yesterday (literally other people heard and are backing me up as witness to her brutality), I needed some of these gifs. Spent last night with FI and he was so cute and good. We're headed to see Catching Fire with my friend tonight then heading up to my parents' tomorrow morning for Thanksgiving and putting up the Christmas tree. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Aggghhh, so jealous of everybody who is seeing Catching Fire this weekend! I may drag my brother with me after Thanksgiving dinner next week.

I have to work two twelves this weekend, ick. My goal for today is to get Monday's reading done. That, of course, explains why I have my coat on and am all set to go to Target for some retail therapy. I need some shirts and pants for winter. Shoes too, but I've got limited funds.
  • I am totally going to make the most of this weekend and the short week next week because I just found out I have to work every day Dec 3-Jan 3.  Womp to the womp.
  • Emmy1493Emmy1493 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    I am in dancing mode! IT'S FRIDAY! Thanksgiving is next week and I am off that day & Black Friday!

Edit: For spelling.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Ugh, I would LOVE to go see Catching Fire tonight at the Alamo Drafthouse. Yummy food, booze, and the Hunger Games?? Would be the best night ever. Unfortunately, we're trying to save seeing it for when we go upstate for Thanksgiving, since we don't have many plans up there. And, it will be a much cheaper movie-going experience, which is a good thing as I'm saving every spare dollar for Christmas presents.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @TwoDimes, I've got witnesses which is good. She pretty much verbally attacked me to the point I was in tears.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Kait - That's terrible. I saw that happen to a coworker at my last job. The girl was almost crying and then when the owner noticed she started yelling at her for that too. It was awful and is one of the main reasons I left that position.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • If you can't see Catching Fire yet, here's something to tide you over: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT7nD02Im5E

I am in class right now. In 30 minutes, we've spent a good 25 minutes with the prof going on tangents. I hate this class so much.

Tonight, we're going to eat spaghetti and salad and DO NOTHING. We both have been out late a lot this week, and our poor bird (who's mid-molt) is very lonely.

Tomorrow, I've volunteered to go with a friend up to purchase a camera from a Craig's List seller. I'm not terribly close with this friend, but whatever, I'm free. Then that night, we'll celebrate future brother-in-law's birthday (which is today).

Over the weekend, we need to do a SUPER deep clean of the apartment. I'm actually looking forward to it; it's hard for me to get into the mood to clean, but it's very satisfying!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @Phira, I feel like I play The Hungry Games every day of my life. Lol, thanks for the link, it helped. :P
  • @Amapola14 I am some amount of disappointed that Cookienis didn't eat Pita.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • phira said:
    @Amapola14 I am some amount of disappointed that Cookienis didn't eat Pita.
    Really?? I was actually relieved for the little guy. That part had me on the edge of my seat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards